Messaging & SNS
    ChatON

Augmented Reality
    D/L from Playstore

LBS
    Google Maps

Other Services & Applications
    Android Ecosystem / Samsung Apps
    Readers / Music / Game / Video(Media, Na)
    Hub / Learning Hub

PC Applications
    Samsung Kies, Kies Air

After getting my first android device recently, I was shopping for a tablet then I saw the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 online.

The good part is that it will be released in the Philippines on April 13, 2013 - I think we might be the first in the world to have it as most other release dates point to end of April or early May.

It seems we will only be getting the 16GB version, but with 3G and can be used as a phone - something they won't get in America. I also like the S-Pen for this bigger screen so that I can draw with these. I love to draw on my free time and have even posted some stuff in the "Arts and Literature" section of istorya in the thread "Post Your Artworks here."

There is also a feature that can make this a universal remove for your TV. Now that is something I also really look forward to. It was just launched via a press conference in Manila yesterday. The price will be P23,990 but if you buy it in the launch date, it will come with a free case worth P1,699 and also a free phone kind you pick randomly which can be anything from a Duos to an S III. (Maybe they need to get rid of their old stocks since the S IV is coming). Their image model will be Bianca Gonzalez. So here are the news articles I got so far:

Samsung upbeat on PH smartphone market | Inquirer Business

http://www.gadgetsmagazine.com.ph/ga...ur-shores.html

Animetric's World: Bianca Gonzalez for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and a special sale!

The promo offer in Manila sounds very tempting. Since I am new to the android/tech/smartphone market, I want to ask the veterans here: do they usually offer the same promos in Cebu? How long does it take for something launched in Manila to arrive in Cebu? I am quite excited to get this product to complement my Cherry Mobile Omega HD.

a little bit too expensive for me although understandably it is a Note device.

i would recommend this if you think you have a need for digitizer pen technology (FYI this is very different from a cheap stylus pen) to "write" notes (to me this is its ultimate selling point) or you have a usage for it to sketch/draw

otherwise you might be better served with cheaper devices that don't use the digitizer pen technology

Quote Originally Posted by Eyemesem View Post
    a little bit too expensive for me although understandably it is a Note device.

i would recommend this if you think you have a need for digitizer pen technology (FYI this is very different from a cheap stylus pen) to "write" notes (to me this is its ultimate selling point) or you have a usage for it to sketch/draw

otherwise you might be better served with cheaper devices that don't use the digitizer pen technology
    Exactly! I love to draw, and read comics so this fits my needs.

I heard 10" tablets are too bulky and heavy to make a reading aid.

This seems just right for me based on specs. Will try to find a friend in Manila to help get it for me.

murag dili mani SAMOLED iya screen noh?

^ dli ni AMOLED iya scr part

I just got mine Monday. I had my friend in Manila buy for me because I could not resist the special offer of the free phone and free cover.

The cover is nice and retails for P1,699. The free phone was just a Samsung Keystone 2.

I love the S-Pen, it is pressure sensitive so good for digital artists who want to play with the line weights.

9.    Advertisement