Page 1 of 78 123411 ... LastLast

Default Have an Android related question or problem? Post it here!

Have an Android related question or problem? post it here!

I'll help you to the best of my knowledge

not techy or too busy and want immediate help?

I also service, root, update/downgrade Android Devices

visit my thread at the Buy and Sell Forums :

https://www.istorya.net/forums/cellph...ech-agili.html

knowledgeable Istoryans, feel free to pitch in.

Will they ever release Jelly Bean for most of the handsets?

it totally depends on their makers, like for the Xperia 2011 lines, they say they won't release Jelly Bean for them but a custom 4.1.2 has been released for them and it's stable too.

agree the manufacturers/carriers should be the one it needs some asking to... most manufacturers often than not.. lock their bootloaders so no developer can induce some custom roms or introduce some custom hackery on the device itself (As with the case of HTC and motorola lately)

Google has been in the forefront of releasing JBs to most aforemention devices... and as you know.. different manufacturers have different styles of putting 'Skins' to their devices (e.g. TouchWiz for Samsung, Sense for HTC, Timescape for Sony and etc)... all these Skins are NOT usually favored by Google but in as much.. being flavored by the respective manufacturers only.. You can do as much as anything actually if you own a NEXUS device... why? its pretty much a Google proprietary one...

Remember.. a True Jellybean is that of no Skins at all... no frills and thrills... what Google injects to it are the very smooth experience as that of BUTTER itself.....

true that. but Sony Ericsson and HTC have a very straightforward way of unlocking the bootloader, Samsung have unlocked bootloaders, Motorola, no idea.. xD LG have locked bootloaders and have no easy way of unlocking it. >.<

Here is a bit of a generic tutorial in rooting android phones. This a manual process just in case you would want to get your hands dirty. You may add steps if I missed something.

Disclaimer: Follow the steps at your own risk. I will not be responsible if your phone gets bricked. Proceed if you want to take the risk
    When rooting a device, always back up your data. This procedure will wipe out your user data (call logs, messages, emails, user apps). Please note if you root/unlock your phone, your warranty will be voided.

Files were compiled by devs from by WugFresh from XDA. Thanks to him.

First step is to unlock your bootloader. You may check the link below for you do it. Generally, you would want to get S-Off.

Downloady---UnlockRoot/UnlockPhone/UnlockRom---Android Root

Replacing Recovery .img
    After you have unlocked your bootloader you need replace your recovery. Most people use CWM in replacing custom recovery (find the recovery file compatible for your phone and transfer it to the Android folder where your adb and fastboot files are located)
    ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries

or you can use:

TWRP (i use this since it touch enabled by default and it has bigger controls)
    TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.4 - | TeamWin

after you have unlocked your bootloader and you may want to permanently replace your recovery:
    you can do these steps:
    *download the file (adb and fastboot files) and unzip in your C:\
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1dd...FXa2x1elBqdzA/
    *click start > run> cmd
    * type "cd .." do the same process till what is left is "C:\"
    * if your unzipped folder is named "Android" you can type "cd android"
    * turn off your phone and boot in fastboot mode; press volume down and power button
    * connect your phone to your PC and check if your phone recognized by your PC type "fastboot devices"
    * the sn of your phone should show up if not install the driver to your phone and re-do the process
    * type "fastboot flash recovery file-name-of-the-recovery.img" where the "file-name-of-the-recovery.img" is the file name of the recovery and the file needs to be in the Android folder in the root of C:\
    * you should see the progress of the file being moved to your phone

Rooting your Device:
    * Turn on your device, download the .zip file and save in your SD card:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1dd...FVQVG12Y2VSQnM
    * highly suggest to save it in the root folder or just remember where you placed it
    * turn off your device, turn on your device in fastboot mode
    * use the volume rocker to highlight "Recovery" and press power to "Select"
    * the recovery should load, then choose >
    (CWM recovery) install zip from sd card > choose zip from sdcard> choose the supersu.zip > choose yes
    (TWRP recovery) Install > choose file > swipe to install
    * this should install the Super SU in the \system folder to manage apps asking for root access
    * your device should now be rooted.

Installing custom ROM (always create a nandroid back up of your ROM)
    * Back Up your data, I would suggest using Titanium backup (buy pro to support the dev)
    * download a custom ROM and gapps compatible to your rom ( Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps)
    * turn off your device, turn on your device in fastboot mode
    * use the volume rocker to highlight "Recovery" and press power to "Select"
    * the recovery should load, then choose >
    (CWM recovery)
    - choose "wipe data/factory reset" then yes
    - choose "advanced"> "wipe dalvik cache" then choose yes
    - install zip from sd card > choose zip from sdcard> choose the rom.zip > choose yes
    - install zip from sd card > choose zip from sdcard> choose the gapps.zip > choose yes
    - reboot system

(TWRP recovery)
    - Wipe > Factory reset > Swipe to yes
    - Wipe > Dalvik Cache > Swipe to yes
    - Install > choose file rom.zip> choose add file> choose gapps.zip > swipe to install
    - reboot > system

NOTE: If your phone only internal memory, I highly suggest to always have a custom ROM saved (must be a stable ROM). This is just a back up just in case your installation fails.

Difference between Flashing using Odin and CWMRecovery? and most stable Kernel for Note 2?

Odin is primarily for Samsung Devices, and users need to place the device in Download mode to flash the Rom and kernel to the device.

CWM is a recovery which needs to be flashed to the device by way of flashing a different kernel or flashing it via the stock recovery, it has different versions for different phones but could also include Samsung devices.

go here for different kernels and roms for the Note 2: ~~[JB]ROM and Kernel Repository~~ NEW: JellyBam v1.2.0 and ROMOW v1 and Omega 7.3 - xda-developers

Is there anyway for you to give me the steps about flashing persues Kernel? and will it be compatible with my current ARHD ROM? I saw 2 files taht should be downloaded, the
    Perseus-alpha33.1-n7100.tar
    Perseus-alpha33.1-n7100-CWM.zip

What will i get? I thank you for the answers and looking forward for you answering this.

Quote Originally Posted by dlareG View Post
    Is there anyway for you to give me the steps about flashing persues Kernel? and will it be compatible with my current ARHD ROM? I saw 2 files taht should be downloaded, the
    Perseus-alpha33.1-n7100.tar
    Perseus-alpha33.1-n7100-CWM.zip

What will i get? I thank you for the answers and looking forward for you answering this.
    If you have a custom recovery installed like ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery or TWRP, you can place it in your sd card or internal memory and install there:
    > Turn Off your Phone
    > Boot in Fastboot mode > Press Volume Down and Power Button at the same time
    ** > Use volume rocker to select and highlight Recovery (for CWM) then press Power Button to choose
    > Select Perseus-alpha33.1-n7100-CWM.zip then find the file to install, press power button > choose "yes" to install
    > this should flash the kernel
    > after the installation, reboot the system

If you have not permanently replaced your recovery. just install ROM Manager from the Play store
    > Open ROM Manager and install ClockworkMOD Recovery make sure you have data connection (ROM Manager will ask Root Access choose "Grant")
    > After the installation of CWM choose Install ROM from SD Card
    ** Follow steps marked**

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 78 123411 ... LastLast