Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default In the May 2013 Elections,Can we still make the Difference?

In the present line-up of aspiring politicians and the incumbent ones,
    do we still have viable candidates,credible and sincere enough to
    serve us and our cause for better governance?

Are we still gullible enough to hear their lies and deceit.
    it's only because we do not have any other choice.

As the rightful,what do you think we should do to halt
    this trend of making politics as the milking cow to those
    who seeks.

Please kindly and freely share your thoughts.

I think voters should research the backgrounds of each candidate, especially the younger ones and see if they are deserving enough to be elected or if any of their platforms or principles align with your own. I think that's a good starting point on who to vote. As for knowing if a candidate in question is really trustworthy, that's a feat no voter can truly conquer - unless you know these candidates on a personal level.

I updated the 1st page of this thread to include small blurbs about the candidates: https://www.istorya.net/forums/politi...-not-vote.html. It's also a good learning experience for me since I know so little about the candidates. Remember, whether we like it or not, these people will affect our lives once they get elected into office, so we might as well vote wisely.

As practiced in this country, politics is the art of governance of the rich, by the powerful, and for the privileged.

If these privileged people run for office, one is tempted to say that it is not primarily to serve the majority, though political advertisements may argue the contrary. In reality, they run in order to capture political power. Why so? The reason is that it is the single most important power in the country. Political power enables them to control people, pass laws and make policies that are to their advantage, even legitimize their control, and dominate others. Even more significant, political power, as we shall mention shortly, can be converted to economic power. Hardly would they pass a bill that would be contrary to their interest, although it would be beneficial for the many. That is why, for instance, land reform program has not been successful—that clashes with the stake of the landed gentry. Anti-dynasty provision is found in the constitution, but one can be almost sure that until the second coming of Christ, no enabling law would be enacted.

Source: From the Underside of History - A GLIMPSE AT THE CORRUPTION IN PHILIPPINE POLITICS

I think Msgr Lope's stement quite portray exactly
    the state of politics in our country nowadays,
    running for office nowadays entails a lot of money
    to spend, whereas only those who had ample of it
    is effective enough to promote and to win.
    Can we make amends just to make the elections
    not money oriented but merely for those who really
    ought to serve.

i think this generation of voters can, will and are capable of making a difference. i do believe nga daghan na nga mga voters karon who are educated and are more making intelligent choices.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    i think this generation of voters can, will and are capable of making a difference. i do believe nga daghan na nga mga voters karon who are educated and are more making intelligent choices.
    Isn't that what we say every election year? "Voters now are educated, more intelligent in making choices... blah! blah!". How come the same bunch of CRAP are leading the survey??

And also, who's to say what the INTELLIGENT VOTE is??

Quote Originally Posted by redemption32 View Post
    Isn't that what we say every election year? "Voters now are educated, more intelligent in making choices... blah! blah!". How come the same bunch of CRAP are leading the survey??

And also, who's to say what the INTELLIGENT VOTE is??
    seriously? survey? you believe in surveys?

seriously? survey? you believe in surveys?
    If you're asking if I base my decisions base on surveys, no I don't.

If you're asking if I believe in the efficacy (if survey results would most probably represent the final outcome) of surveys, then I do- at a certain level.
    Don't you?
    Over the past elections, surveys were almost always right- though not 100% right.
    There's no reason why political camps stress over survey results if they themselves do not believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by redemption32 View Post
    If you're asking if I base my decisions base on surveys, no I don't.

If you're asking if I believe in the efficacy (if survey results would most probably represent the final outcome) of surveys, then I do- at a certain level.
    Don't you?
    Over the past elections, surveys were almost always right- though not 100% right.
    There's no reason why political camps stress over survey results if they themselves do not believe in them.
    i don't want to talk about survey's since off topic nana. but if thats how you feel about surveys then believe whatever makes you sleep at night. i just don't share your enthusiasm in making an "intelligent vote" based on surveys. we can just agree to disagree. you have your own beliefs, i have mine.

i don't want to talk about survey's since off topic nana. but if thats how you feel about surveys then believe whatever makes you sleep at night. i just don't share your enthusiasm in making an "intelligent vote" based on surveys. we can just agree to disagree. you have your own beliefs, i have mine.
    Please read the f!rst sentence of my post.
    I do not base my decisions on surveys.

Thanks for agreeing to disagree anyway.

Is there a place for the ordinary Juan de la Cruz
    in the field of politics in our country today or is it just for the
    privileged,for the wealthy and the famous.

The most emulated Philippine
    president before the late President Ramon Magsaysay
    was just an automobile mechanic.

Source: Ramon Magsaysay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast