Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai17i View Post
    Salamat sa info Boss.
    Plan mi byahi karon Dec 2014. Naay update ani?
    Though, our destination is on topmost of Negros Occ., murag ganahan mi sa Bato-Tampi nga byahi para joy ride nlang pod.
    Akung g check sa map kay ang nakabutang Lilo-An - Sibulan Ferry, mao ni sya ang Bato-Tampi?
    https://goo.gl/maps/FY4xr

Salamat daan sa additional info.
    There are currently two main options on the Cebu - Negros sector kung magdala ug sakyanan. One is through the Bato port and the other is at Liloan Port in Santander.

Cebu to Liloan is about 3 hours by private car.

Both ports are served by Maayo Shipping.

Ang current charge for normal sized private cars and sedan karon is PHP 1086 round trip, free ang 2 ka passengers on board. Additional passengers are charged 70 pesos each. Discount applies for students if naay School ID... same goes for senior citizens nga passenger ninyo sa car.

It is very important that you keep that receipt kay mao na i present on the return trip. There is no time limit.. pwede mo mubalik sa return trip after weeks.. or months. Well, common sense na lang pud if years ang hisgutan hehe..

The barge crossing ranges from 20 to 30 minutes depending on the weather and the load of the barge.

I prefer the Liloan over Bato port because Bato is about ten kilometers further south. And Liloan Port connects with Sibulan port.

Sibulan Port is 4.9kms from Dumaguete City.

Bato Port connects with Tampi over at the Negros side. Tampi is about 16kms from Dumaguete City.

Ang schedule sa Sibulan-Liloan and vice versa:

6:00 am
    7:30
    9:00
    10:30
    12:00
    1:30pm
    3:00
    4:30
    6:00

Ang schedule sa Tampi-Bato and vice versa
    4:00am
    5:00
    6:30
    8:00
    9:30
    11:30
    12:30

There is another port location served by Lite Shipping.. but the one most preferred is Maayo Shipping as of now.

If your destination is Northern Negros, you might prefer the Bato-Tampi route.
    Last edited by Passport; 10-26-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Salamat sa schedule sa tampi-bato! At least kabalo nako pila ako daganon sa car para maka apas pako before the barge departs hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty Solutions View Post
    Salamat sa schedule sa tampi-bato! At least kabalo nako pila ako daganon sa car para maka apas pako before the barge departs hahahaha.
    di ka ganahan sa Liloan-Sibulan route?

Naa fi xsched ani?

roro diay tawag ana barge sa Maayo shipping.. hehe.. karon pa ko.

Quote Originally Posted by ZugZwang View Post
    roro diay tawag ana barge sa Maayo shipping.. hehe.. karon pa ko.
    any vessel ngal Roll-ON Roll-OFF.. normally naay rampa... just correct me if im wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Passport View Post
    There are currently two main options on the Cebu - Negros sector kung magdala ug sakyanan. One is through the Bato port and the other is at Liloan Port in Santander.

I would like to correct these misconceptions....
    Been driving Cebu-Negros vice versa for years.

I have tried at least 5 Cebu - Negros crossing options that are served by Roros.

Aside from the two that you mentioned:

1. Dumanjug - Guihulngan
    2. Toledo - San Carlos
    3. Tabuelan - Escalante

If coming from Cebu City:

Destination is Northern tip of Negros, easiest will be Tabuelan-Escalante
    Destination is Bacolod City, easiest will be Toledo-Sn Carlos via DSB
    Destination is Southern tip of Negros including Dumaguete, easiest will be Bato or Lilo-an

Cebu to Liloan is about 3 hours by private car.

Both ports are served by Maayo Shipping.

Ang current charge for normal sized private cars and sedan karon is PHP 1086 round trip, free ang 2 ka passengers on board. Additional passengers are charged 70 pesos each. Discount applies for students if naay School ID... same goes for senior citizens nga passenger ninyo sa car.

It is very important that you keep that receipt kay mao na i present on the return trip. There is no time limit.. pwede mo mubalik sa return trip after weeks.. or months. Well, common sense na lang pud if years ang hisgutan hehe..

The barge crossing ranges from 20 to 30 minutes depending on the weather and the load of the barge.

I prefer the Liloan over Bato port because Bato is about ten kilometers further south. And Liloan Port connects with Sibulan port.

Sibulan Port is 4.9kms from Dumaguete City.

Bato Port connects with Tampi over at the Negros side. Tampi is about 16kms from Dumaguete City.

Ang schedule sa Sibulan-Liloan and vice versa:

6:00 am
    12:00

Ang schedule sa Tampi-Bato and vice versa
    4:00am
    5:00
    6:30
    8:00
    11:30
    12:30

There is another port location served by Lite Shipping.. but the one most preferred is Maayo Shipping as of now.

Salamat Boss! I can confirm this. Nihapit mi didto gahapon for inquiry.
    Cars are @php1086, open return date. If one way lang, Php800. Free 2 passengers.
    Extra passenger @ Php70. Children below 12yo are free.

Here's some contact info:
    Sibulan: (035) 419-8140 (telefax)
    Tampi: (035) 419-7371/09177107080

*We decided to go south kay mohapit visit sa relatives sa (cebu) south and stroll a little bit sa Dumaguete , thus, Liloan-Sibulan route is our choice. On return, we will take Escalante-Tabuelan route. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by b00rdz View Post
    I would like to correct these misconceptions....
    Been driving Cebu-Negros vice versa for years.

I have tried at least 5 Cebu - Negros crossing options that are served by Roros.

Aside from the two that you mentioned:

1. Dumanjug - Guihulngan
    2. Toledo - San Carlos
    3. Tabuelan - Escalante

If coming from Cebu City:

Destination is Northern tip of Negros, easiest will be Tabuelan-Escalante
    Destination is Bacolod City, easiest will be Toledo-Sn Carlos via DSB
    Destination is Southern tip of Negros including Dumaguete, easiest will be Bato or Lilo-an
    mu react lang ko ana imo pag gamit sa word nga "misconception" as applied directly to my post.

kung mag istriktohay gyud ta, there are a lot more than those FIVE (5) you mentioned.

ako gipasabot as "main" options kay based sa volume of traffic of goods and vehicles, as well as frequency and established regularity of sea vessels serving the route.

we all share information here for the benefit of those who seek to know. we do not just label anything posted by other members as "misconception" for that is far from my intent and purpose. otherwise i would not have typed and posted the hourly schedule of trips here.

you got an axe to grind with me, send me a pm and we can settle it man to man.

I'm not going to argue with you about the skeds or the volume of traffic. In fact, I didn't include them when I quoted you.

My only concern is your statement above....

If destination is Northern Negros from Cebu City and people here in Istorya will follow your preference believing that it is the easiest route then it is a grave misconception. Just take a look at the map of Cebu and Negros.

I merely inform that there are routes far easier for certain destinations in Negros.

I don't have an axe to grind you.... Chill......

Lastly, you mentioned that there are more than 5 roro routes. Would you mind mentioning them here ... Maybe, I could use them on my drive to Negros next month.
    Last edited by b00rdz; 11-03-2014 at 10:37 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast