Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default I need to have a fixed income of 11K, How much do I need and what is the best means of investment

If i'm gonna invest in TD, pila man ako kinahanglang e-put up para mo earn ko ug fixed 11k per month?
    Or naay laing mas maau aside from TD.
    I'm not really after for high returns I'm more concerned on the security of my investment.

All suggestions are very much welcome.
    Last edited by miramax; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Default Re: I need to have a fixed income of 11K, How much do I need and what is the best means of investmen

if sako ang pag ehap nako sah (based sa BPI) 3% (for 5M and up) for one year that's about P12.5K/mo. (P150K/yr.)

I feel it's much better mag negosyo nalng if wa ka sigurado unsa nga negosyo start with something nah imu gusto buhaton.. for example hilig ka mo luto basin maka start ka ug catering nga business or a resto.. or hilig ka ug shoes pwede ka mag himo ug SM.. high tech na man ta ron.. pwede ka mo sugod sa balay or off business hours via web then if ma dako2x imu negosyo maka sugod ka ug physical store mismo... just remember lang don't focus on nganu di siya mo work.. focus on why it will work..

Default Re: I need to have a fixed income of 11K, How much do I need and what is the best means of investmen

Quote Originally Posted by miramax View Post
    If i'm gonna invest in TD, pila man ako kinahanglang e-put up para mo earn ko ug fixed 11k per month?
    Or naay laing mas maau aside from TD.
    I'm not really after for high returns I'm more concerned on the security of my investment.

Any suggestions are very much welcome.
    You need at least 3.3M to earn that amount. Buying RTB at a conservative estimate of 5% interest will provide you 33T per quarter(interest payments are given quarterly). RTBs are usually offered during the 1st and 4th quarter of the year. These are government-issued securities that are available at almost all known banks. You may also inquire about corporate bonds (or tax-exempt bonds) with higher interest rates than RTBs. I hope it helps.

Blog Entries
    @ P-Chan and arclops,

Thank you for the inputs sirs.
    Very informative indeed.

the higher the risk the higher the returns. td is one of that.

Interest rates in banks are being lowered now hence I don't think TDs are practical.
    If you put your money in TDs and want a recurring income of P11T a month on 3.5% per year, you may need at least P3.8M for that.

Here's the computation:

3.5% of P3.8M per year is around P133T which, if we divide by 12, will give you a little over P11T a month.

Why not consider investing it in bonds? The yield of bonds range at 5% to 8%.

At 5% per year, you only need P2.64M
    At 8% per year, you only need P1.65M

You can go to banks and other financial institutions and ask if they sell bonds.

A very convenient way of investing in bonds is through mutual funds. The fixed income funds of mutual funds are normally being invested in bonds, bills, and notes. Though the rates aren't fixed, it normally range between 5% to 8% hence you can approximate the amount you need to invest in order to get the amount you need. Sometimes, it goes up to as high as 10% in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by makie View Post
    Interest rates in banks are being lowered now hence I don't think TDs are practical.
    If you put your money in TDs and want a recurring income of P11T a month on 3.5% per year, you may need at least P3.8M for that.

Here's the computation:

3.5% of P3.8M per year is around P133T which, if we divide by 12, will give you a little over P11T a month.

Why not consider investing it in bonds? The yield of bonds range at 5% to 8%.

At 5% per year, you only need P2.64M
    At 8% per year, you only need P1.65M

You can go to banks and other financial institutions and ask if they sell bonds.

A very convenient way of investing in bonds is through mutual funds. The fixed income funds of mutual funds are normally being invested in bonds, bills, and notes. Though the rates aren't fixed, it normally range between 5% to 8% hence you can approximate the amount you need to invest in order to get the amount you need. Sometimes, it goes up to as high as 10% in a year.
    Sir I think your computation is based on a tax-free investment, otherwise the stated amount on your computation is a gross amount that is still subject for a 20% tax deduction...

Quote Originally Posted by arclops View Post
    Sir I think your computation is based on a tax-free investment, otherwise the stated amount on your computation is a gross amount that is still subject for a 20% tax deduction...
    Yes, I didn't include taxes in it. I may also add that returns in mutual funds are net as well.

Quote Originally Posted by makie View Post
    Yes, I didn't include taxes in it. I may also add that returns in mutual funds are net as well.
    To recompute,

@5% coupon rate(bonds), the required investment is 3.3M
    @8% coupon rate(bonds), the required investment is 2.063M

I hope this avoids confusion to the readers...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arclops View Post
    To recompute,

@5% coupon rate(bonds), the required investment is 3.3M
    @8% coupon rate(bonds), the required investment is 2.063M

I hope this avoids confusion to the readers...
    Dakua diay required investment noh?
    Taxable pa gyud ang returns.hmmnnnnn...

Any other form of investment you can recommend istoryans peeps?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast