Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need Tips: First Time Lone Flyer

Hello istoryans, I need tips...if mahimo step by step instructions
    I'll be travelling for the first time by plane...as in first time unya international pa jud...
    I'll be travelling to Dubai(on a visit visa) this coming November via Cathay Pacific - Cebu-Hongkong-Dubai

If you can share some tips on how to make this travel smooth, hassle and worry-free for a first time flyer like me I will very much appreciate it

Thank you in advance guys

Default Re: Need Tips: First Time Lone Flyer

before flight:

1. pray
    2. andama ang mga pertinent papers (passport, ID, home and Dubai contact numbers)
    3. basaha daan imong ticket (flight number, date, time, plane; baggage restrictions on weight and illegals)
    4. tan-awa nga kumpleto ang mga sinina og tanang gamit (kwarta pud og mga plastic cards)

day of flight:

1. check in sa airport at least 3 hours before the flight (para kung naay mga unforeseen problems maatiman pa)
    2. adto ka agi sa international area (alangan sa departure. hehehe)
    3. inig sulod nimo mag-agi ka sa unang x-ray (ipa check ang ticket, passport og hatag ID sa gwardya)
    4. ipaagi ang bag sa x-ray machine og naay tray kung asa ibutang pud ang mga electronics sama sa cellphone.
    5. linya sa airline counter kung asa ka nga airline og ang destination (e.g. PAL - Hongkong) og ihatag ang ticket, passport, ID
    6. ibutang ang imong mga check-in bags sa weighing scale kilid sa attendant. tagaan ka niya og corresponding stub pagclaim sa imong bag. ang hand carry nimo dad-on (kay hand-carry man. hehehe).
    7. bayad na ka og boarding pass (PHP100-) nga istaple nila sa imong ticket
    8. agi ka sa ikaduha nga x-ray (kani nga x-ray murag hasta imong bakus, jacket, sinsilyo, og sapatos apil og paagi sa conveyor belt)
    9. adto na ka huwat sa gate kung asa naka assign imong flight.
    10. pray

after the flight:

suroy2x na!

wow!very comprehensive!
    thank you kau NudgeDELTA

how about ig abot nako sa HongKong International Airport? dako daw kau ni nga airport bcn masaag ko transit passenger ko.i only have 1 hr to spare.i need tips/advice fellow istoryans

Presume nga pag gikan nimo sa Cebu naa kay boarding pass sa hongkong - dubai, pag abot sa hongkong tan-awa dayon sa tv screen ang gate # sa dubai tan-awa ang destination ,flight # and time of departure then linya ka sa x-ray ibutang imo handcarry sa x-ray conveyor then saka sa next floor departure area ug pangitaa ang gate # para dubai.Ayaw kauwaw mangutana sa ground staff sa airline kon wala ka kahibalo. Amping nga dili mawala imong mga documents kay sigurado pabalikon ka sa arabo kon kulang imong documento. Sige amping sa pagbyahi.

thank you very much eslowrak

Elite Member

I've flown Cathay Pacific for more than 15 years and I know HKIA inside out as I've probably been there 100+ times on stopover.

It's one of the largest airports in the world, so keep that in mind when considering your 1 hour stopover. You may think that's a lot of time, but that's a very short stopover for an international flight and you won't have time to spare walking around.

When you land, you need to go to the nearest transfer point. These areas are marked T1, T2.. etc and there is always one near your gate of arrival. This transfer point includes a security check, which can take up to 20 minutes on busy flights. If your flight from Cebu is delayed for any reason, or your landing is delayed even slightly, there will be Cathay Pacific personnel waiting for you at the gate exit holding a placard for your next flight. You must go with these people as they can bypass lines in security, otherwise you'll miss your flight. If your flight is on time, you have to go to the transfer point by yourself. If you get lost, you need to ask any airport personnel you can find where the nearest transfer point is and they will send you there.

From one end of the airport to the other can take 30-40 minutes by foot. There is a train that links both sides of the terminal that can cut travel time to 10-15 minutes. The trains arrive every minute. If your connecting flight is on the other side of the terminal, you must take the train since your stopover is only 1 hour long. Before landing, you need to check that the gate wasn't reassigned/moved. If it has been moved, then don't go to the gate printed on your boarding pass but go to the new gate.

Their airport is very well designed and signposted there should be no reason to get lost, but I have heard of many first time travelers get lost and then miss their flights. The best way to avoid this is to ask directions as often as you can even if you think you're going the right way. There are also maps, if you're good at reading those, located in many parts of the terminal that will show you where you are and a map of where all the gates are. You can also find a map of HKIA at the Cathay Pacific website.

lingkod daplin sa bitana para hangin :P haha.

Extra tips:

1. Photocopy your ticket, passport, visa, other travel documents and place this in a separate bag or pocket, para kung mawala ang original naa pay lain copy for reference. (syempre ang photocopy na visa and passport dli valid pero at least mas dali i trace if naa gyud kay passport and visa)

2. Bring extra cash ($ or currency of your destination) aside from the one in your wallet, just in case ma misplace ang wallet.

3. Don't forget to have copies of the contact number and address of your host. Aside from your cellphone, dapat naa sad ni sa piece of paper.

thank you monroy and mmarc. i will take note of the things you mentioned

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast