Default Visual Studio Setup Project for VB 6 App

Hi Everyone,

I need help. My problem is that we have a vb6 app which were compiled/packaged to msi using Install Shield previously.
    It is a 10 yr. old app by the way, and we are still supporting it. Currently we did some bug fixing and updates (Change requests) and we can no longer compile it using Install Shield. So now I use visual studio 2010 for msi packaging at it works perfectly. The only problem is that if an older version of the app is currently installed in the PC, it does not remove the older version in 'Add/Remove Programs'. It does overwrite all the dlls and exe files, but it does not remove the older version in Add/Remove Programs.

Anyone here who has tried creating msi package using visual studio setup project and set the related products/previous version (compiled using different tool) so that it will be removed automatically whne the new version is installed?

Default Re: Visual Studio Setup Project for VB 6 App

anyone here kabalo unsaun pag retrieve the Upgrade Code sa app? Upgrade code must be common sa tanan versions of that app, and I need it para ako i.set sa property nig create naku msi package using visual studio.

I already checked the registry, and used the strings (GUID) dli man mu work

Elite Member
    Blog Entries

asa nimo gi compiled? have you compiled it using binary compatability ? referencing existing dll? para dili mo create ug another entry sa registry. otherwise you have to manual delete sa registry class.

e-remove na lang ang current or e-uninstall then e-install ang newer version...

5.    Advertisement