Thread: Lenovo s880

Default Lenovo s880

Any firsthand review here please post .

Planning to buy one as a cheaper option for the more expensive GALAXY SIII.

Thanks in advance.
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Default Re: Lenovo s880

same specs with p700 larger screen smaller battery..

i used it for bit. its bigger screen is a joy to use. comes with digital compass which P700 doesnt have....

gizmo text line +63918-94-GIZMO (0918-94-44966)
    NOW HIRING we also accept dealers & freelance agents

Sir MARKY YAP ...

How is the overall review of the phone personally for you ?

- Performance
    - Useability
    - Price over quality
    - etc

Is it worth the price gyud of PHp 15,000 for a SMART , DUAL SIM PHONE ? Thank you !
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

puede ni sa USA ?

To date, i have owned and used the P700 the past 3 months and the S880 about a week. aside from the obvious similarities and differences in specs, here are my observations which are not found on the data sheet:

-Colors on the S880 are washed out. This cant be because its non IPS. Alcatel 918N (non-IPS) produces truer yellows in ColorNote.
    -While Game/Music Volume is good, In Call Volume is barely passable when compared to both 918N and P700. This applies to either In-Ear or Speaker Phone Calls. Depending on when/where/how often you place your calls, this may be a deal breaker as this is a phones primary function. A BT headset/Car speakers solves this but im not a fan of that and prefer to use the speaker phone whenever i opt for hands free operation.

these are the 2 complaints i have of the S880 with the Volume issue being more annoying. Resolution, while low for a 5", is passable.

I purchased the S880 because:

-I need at least a Smart Phone and Dual Sim
    -around 5" for easier typing (a die hard thumboard user. also owned/used treo's/e61/e71/bb)
    -its the only one in the market (drawing ra ang Jiayu G3). would have preferred 1GB ram/MT 6577/Gorilla Glass on it. Camera Flash would also be a welcome but not necessary addition.
    -stable firmware/wifi/etc reception. you will appreciate this better if you had a hair pulling experience from an ainol aurora/aurora2. Both P700/S880 chug along working with no frills just like my Ipad 2.

I got the S880 at launch for 13.3k in Greenhills. FYI a brand new Galaxy S3 can be had for as low as 22.8k (store warranty) for blue. The white and red versions just for a few hundred more. If Dual Sim is not a requirement then the S3 may be a better deal for you. At that price for the S3, I admit i was tempted (gorilla glass and eye popping specs) but i just cant stand carrying 2 phones.

am holding on to this until they come out with a 1GB/MT6577-6588/~5" phone with gorilla glass. For now i have to live with the products manufacturers put out in the market.

That was a very in depth PERSONAL TAKE !!

Thank a lot sir , kudos to youreffort nd time providing me with help in deciding which one to get .

INdeed that is my dillema too , I hate carrying2 phones that is why I opt for dual sim phones and I believed this is the first for smart phones in the market .

By the way , where can I find a store warrantyprice of 22.8K for a Samsung S3 ?

JEJ Marketing, Bridgeway, Greenhills, San Juan - suki cellphone shop the past 11 years. if you're the adventurous type, there are a lot of Galaxy S3/Note clones @ less than 9k. Dual Sim/Dual Core MT6577/2750-3200mah. Still 512mb ram and 800x480 though. and more importantly firmware/software bugs are still big ?'s

S880/P700 is responsive but not snappy. if you can wait a few months im sure an MT6577 with 1GB will come out before the year ends. and phones based on the Quad Core Mediatek 6588 early in 2013.

LG should take a hint from Lenovo if they want to reverse the billions in loses from their mobile phone division. there is a market for midrange and possibly hi end dual-sim android phones.

Manila pod diay , I thought the location is here in Cebu lang .

Thanks for the inputs sir .

10.    Advertisement