View Poll Results: Close/Lock the Free Internet threads?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's appropriate that these threads be closed.

29 19.33%
  • No, there is nothing wrong with it.

111 74.00%
  • Undecided.

10 6.67%
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Infractions: 0/3 (6)

Default Re: OPEN FORUM On Free Internet (USB Modems)

There is nothing wrong with free distribution of something bought from somewhere, pero kinahanglan nga nagsubay sa "terms of use" sa gipalitan.

Quote Originally Posted by YJOB View Post
    @Code Talker:

There is no problem with whatever comment posted here kay open forum ang gi-title nako para magtampo-tampo ta sa lain lain nga information.

Regarding sa free meal sa jollibee, ang matubag ra nako is kung ok ra ba sa globe/smart/sun nga ang ilang usb modems maoy gamiton sa ing-ani nga system.

We still have to find out if:

1. affected ba sila ani sa ilang sales
    2. ilaha bang signal ang gigamit
    3. and most important - do they allow that their usb modems gamiton sa ingon ani

because if they allow it then there is no reason ngano ibawal nato diri, atong ipadayon ang mga vpn thread.
    with all due respect Sir, i don't see or hear any policies coming from globe, smart or sun that prohibits the use of VPN thru their connection, dugay na kaayo ni gigamit ang vpn, unya karon lang ni ni prosper dri sa istorya, most vpn makers as well as users comes from the other site, more than 5 years na cguro ni ang vpn and for sure kabalo na ang isp's about ani...

Para nako, undecided pa ko anang VPN because I have yet to see Globe or Smart's Acceptable Use Policy. I am not their subscriber as far as internet is concerned.

What I am against is are posts that detail to Wimax exploits, Mac address cloning, selling Globe Wimax disconnected modems, stealing internet connections, WPA/WEP hacking and anything else that confirm to the beforementioned. I don't think any ISP would just allow any of their subscribers to sell their modems, but I am not sure if this applies to those who have gone beyond the lock-in period. I am not sure if the threads that discuss this are censored/deleted, but I would just like to point this out.

Why would ISP Prohibits the use of VPN eh kung sila mismo naay inganing serbisyo :

VPN Express | Globe Business

Q: What is VPN?
    A: VPN which stands for Virtual Private Network is a tunnel that protects your private network traffic by using a custom security protocol that supports client authentication methods based on certificate, username and passwords.

Significants of VPN Usage:
    * Tunnel your connections, therefore it has the ability to Keep your internet Browsing more secure.
    * Allows you to access geographically blocked content in your region.

close race kaayo ang voting. hehehe

exactly.......

Quote Originally Posted by nhazir17 View Post
    Why would ISP Prohibits the use of VPN eh kung sila mismo naay inganing serbisyo :

VPN Express | Globe Business

Q: What is VPN?
    A: VPN which stands for Virtual Private Network is a tunnel that protects your private network traffic by using a custom security protocol that supports client authentication methods based on certificate, username and passwords.

Significants of VPN Usage:
    * Tunnel your connections, therefore it has the ability to Keep your internet Browsing more secure.
    * Allows you to access geographically blocked content in your region.

nuff said.....

it seems that the VPN meaning and purpose has been tweaked/fixed/cracked or whatever from its original intentions. it is used for Private individuals or networks that are separated to communicate securely by using the public network or internet. This technology is the cheapest counterpart of WAN/leased line connections.

By reviewing the diagram posted in this thread & the answer of "What is VPN?", it is not by having VPN you can have internet but you must have internet to have VPN to work. i think another duol-duol nga termino is telecommuter, sa kinaraan pa dial-up.

I'm not condemning individuals who are free vpn internet users, it's their choice & the technology is there already w/its benefits but for the sake of this forum's discussions; i find the following points to note:
    1. the usb modem/sim configs and settings are altered to point to VPN free internet host. - no problem bcuz the usb modem/sim is of the owner & he/she can do whatever he/she wants.
    2. the frequency channel that this usb modem/sim used & the network it uses to connect to the VPN free internet host is of the isp/telco. Question? does the VPN user pay rightfully for its use of the isp/telco network? answer: NO.
    3. another Q? does the VPN user can have free internet w/o the signal from isp/telco? Answer: NO.
    4. this free VPN internet has been around i think 5 years already, i think walay gihimo ang isp/telco to counter such bisan sure loss ni nila. laliman kag gamit sa isp/telco infra w/o paying rightfully the suppose charges. Question: Is it RIGHT to take advantage of the situation & make it as an opportunity?
    5. this free VPN internet is free at first but kun naa nay daghang follower may bayad na. Is this a sort of promotion?
    6. unsa may itawag nato as free internet VPN user or host? geeks or cheats?

kinsay taga globe/smart/sun na istoryan? basin mka hatag pud mo sa inyong opinion kabahin ani na issue.

Blog Entries

sa ako lang kay i dont see anything wrong with it, pero if naa policy ang globe, sun, smart na dili sila pa gamit sa ila signal para vpn kay ma hulog jud na illegal ni.

agree ko ni john_yo

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast