Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast

Thread: RELIGION

Default Re: RELIGION

Quote Originally Posted by Von!-x
    Our Roman Catholic friends here insists on the Authority of the Church, claiming "there is no salvation outside the Church". However, even those who are "inside" cannot be exactly assured of that salvation. What is it then for us?
    Without the Church, there would be no Bible.

Realize that it is the Church who first made provision to collect all writings that had been read in the different churches around the known world where Christians lived. It is she who formally defined the canon of that collection of books we now call the Bible. It is she who 'sent out' missionaries to evangelize the whole world. It is she who kept the Bible from being lost by commissioning her monks of different religious orders to provide for the copying of the Holy Books. Bible-alone cannot be the rule of faith for Christians simply because there never was a Bible for a very long time (say three centuries?). For most of our history after the birth of Christ, most of the population of the world are illiterate - unable to read and/or write. It is only through the mouth of those who has been sent were they able to know and hear the Word of God.

If salvation then comes through Christ alone and Christ identifies Himself with the Church (which is the Body of Christ), then salvation comes through the Church alone for it was the Church who was commissioned to make disciples of all nations and had kept on sending missionaries from the beginning of Christianity until the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovabon
    Bro obese, I think Dacs will answer you today or tomorrow. He is still researching!!! May God Bless Us All here. Very Good thread.
    Have you read all of the posts of Obese Bo Ricardo? Then you probably have become quite familiar with it. It has become boring at times. The same accusations are presented without any support from the writings of the Fathers and Doctors of the Church or even just the early Christian writings. It would have given credibility to the historical probability of his assumptions/interpretations. Not once did he disprove the quotations I have presented from the early Christian writers.

No, bro, I need not research about something that has no basis in history. Obviously, there is nothing to research. I have handled far greater challenge than Obese Bo Ricardo have offered me. Why continue what has evolved into something that looks more like a shouting match than an intelligent and scholarly discussion?

Shalom.

Peke ka nga Catholic.
    A TRUE Catholic. How can the adjective of catholic be used to describe you if you are a Roman Catholic? Misnomer...

And at last you have dismissed me as a heathen, a psychotic self-interpreter whose gone mad or someone inspired by Satan - Matt. 5: 11

By that I am grateful that you didn't dub me protestant, born again, SDA and whatever self-styled names of believers there are for there is only One Religion I am and have been defending Jn 15: 7

even agnostics in this thread totally contest that if Scripture and History is silent on such a hierarchy that was made. There's a risk of believing many stories that are fictitious.

History that documents Gnostic ideas of Christ's birth via sexual intercourse, history that contradicts what went on during the division of power of Rome or Constantinople before it may stand the test of time.

But the mendacious doctrinals being taught and irreconcilable differences to the Gospel being preached by the system of Rome can not and never stand the test of fire - Jeremiah 23: 29

Tan-awa ra gud nang imong kaugalingon, bro. The Bible warned us against the coming of false teachers. Yet, it also told us how we will know the difference. One of that is the one who proclaims must be sent. Who sent you, bro? Can you trace your succession to the first century - to the time of Christ?
    Can the leaders of the RCC trace their apostolic origin? Just because the universal faction was as old as the time the apostles doesn't necessarily make what they preach true. It only makes them old.

What intelligent and scholarly discussion? - 1 Cor. 3: 19

@dacs

Nice points laid out there.Â* I just finished typing my reply.. but uh! so I feel so stupid doing it.. haha! I mean what's the point?Â* This topic is becoming highly overrated.Â* Well you got your own beliefs.. I got mine.. you made out your points.. I did mine too.Â* I want to post my reply but the cycle will start all over again! haha! Thanks though for the points you've given and the links too.Â* They were helpful.Â* I don't want to compromise but I can respect on what you believe in.Â* Anyway we'll know all the truth in the end and say.. "ah..sakto diay si dacs.. or sakto diay cla..?" or something like that.. haha!Â*

Yaw namo cge pag debate oi.Â* Don't make it too personal sa inyong side.Â* Who knows? in reality you could be bestfriends.. lol!

But most of all, is that how the early Christians interpret those texts? Â*Quote any of the early Christian writings and then I will get back to you. Â*I present that your interpretation is but a recent interpretation and therefore has no connection to the deposit of faith handed down by the apostles.
    You have the same redundant line of reasoning everytime you can't get Scripture to defend you.

Read my post above on how the common sense of agnostics is more sound than your eloquence that crumbles everytime Scripture alludes to the universal multi-national faction that you try so hard to defend. You don't have to listen to me but John, Isaiah and Paul have a lot of things they want to say to you but you don't listen Dacs.

If I'm a little too blunt and literal, let's get cryptic.

What are you bracing for? A physical tribulation? This is why the Jews didn't recognize Jesus as Christ because they were expecting a davidic king.

Euphrates River? Babylon ressurected in Iraq Come on, read the last book in the Bible and it's far from that. Robots? Technology? Mark of the Beast by Bill Gates? What is the mark of God? (Eph. 4: 30 )

Dacs I have nudged you and have been shouting as you put it the implications of hyperdulia or the irreconcilable differences in Scripture being preached by the apparitions proliferating that have been approved with Imprimatur or even those that aren't officially approved yet NOT closed down e.g. Medjugorge If it isn't me trying to make you question the system you are trying so hard to fight then John and all the other prophets beg you to listen closer. -Rev. 1: 3, 2: 17, 3: 19 - 21,

I need not say more.

Yaw namo cge pag debate oi.Â* Don't make it too personal sa inyong side.Â* Who knows? in reality you could be bestfriends.. lol!
    If I was falling from a cliff Dacs could probably let me fall as he believes me to be a "damned and deceived" soul or he could save my life. Same for N'Gel or HoundedbyHeaven if that were the situation God forbid.... but early on I was talking about compassion and obedience to God's commands in context of the difference of being heterodoxal, peripheral or upholding teachings that go head to head with indirect opposition to Scriptural Truths.

But some of you exaggerate by saying that those who spot verses in the Scriptures that allude to the RCC are claiming to have some inner witness, which is just absurd. But a lot of these people have common-sense and "even-mindedness" as Dacs calls it is something that's far beyond what we see or hear or be able to sense or touch.

2000 years ago I can claim that we were descendants from people a long time ago in a galaxy, far, far away! If you get my analogy. There is a Surer Word of prophecy and you know what I'm talking about.

Obese and the rest, Catholic nalang gud mo! Mao man nay "in" have you ever heard the word norms ??

Although masdaghan daw chicks nang gitawagan og "born again". Asa namo ani

Hala debate! debate! My proposal here is for an opportune moment to take a different turn in the debate of this subject.

Are you IN Evolve mo! Darwin! I-Ching!

Elite Member

Can we hear words from the owner of this thread? Hope he gets lessons in this! Dacs & Obese, thanks for your golden thoughts you shared to us. Hope all of us here will see each other in the kingdom that GOD prepared for the righteous!

Na'ay uban diri abtik kaayo draw and fire... naa sa'y uban daring og full-automatic na pagrakrak.
    Pero na'a say uban with sniper's marksmanship sa pagtira. Naa po'y uban abtik sa draw and fire pero point-shooting lang wala'y sight-picture If you get my metaphors.

11.    Advertisement

Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast