Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Looking for a Reputable hardware shop in Cebu

mam nitwit, sa imong budget and all ba, it only made me depressed kung makabalay ba kaha ko bisan matiguwang nalang kog trabaho tingali mga mag-salig ug local employment........

I really don't recommend a one stop shop..Vic is good with the structural and daghan sad sila trucks..but for the interiors..I would suggest home depots..

I think you really should need an architect as working drawings are needed for permits and for other utilities connection like electricity and water. This is how I would did it:

1. Hire an architect to build you the plans and working drawings. Don't hire him/her to build the house for you, otherwise he'll ask for a percentage of the construction amount. His fees for such a job shouldn't be too high. The plans should have the bill of materials for everything down to the last nail.
    2. Based on the bill of materials, you can canvass from the suggested hardware stores by bravobosing (they're all good). Just give them the list and let them put prices on everything plus the total amount. You can then compare the quotes on each item and the total amounts. There will be substantial differences in the individual amounts but the total shouldn't be too far from each other. Once you've made your pick on the supplier, negotiate to have it delivered to Dumaguete.
    3. Show the architect's plan to different contractors (there are several here at istorya.net or you may also visit other sites like cebuclassifieds dot com). Tell them you need a quote on labor only. Don't give them the bill of materials (otherwise they'll just give you a percentage of the total materials amount, which I believe isn't going to be a good deal), rather let them work on their costs. Don't forget to ask them for their timetable in completing the project and the number of workers he will be putting on the project (to give you an idea of the payroll he will be asking for regularly). If they are good and all the materials are ready, they should be able to complete the project in 2 months tops.
    4. Make the comparisons and once you've chosen the people who will be working on the project, have a lawyer make you a contract with these people. Be very specific with the details of the contract and make sure there are provisions that would protect you in the long run.
    5. Do NOT pay for advance for the labor costs. Let the contractor bill you according to what has been completed (Progress billing). If possible, hire your own foreman to oversee the construction and more importantly to control the release of the materials, but make sure he's competent to give you qualified opinions on the status of the construction. And make sure he's with you, and not the contractor.
    6. You are in a position that a lot of contractors want you to be (that is, having the funds available for the whole project) so be very careful not to give this impression.

BTW, when you purchase the materials, I think you can likewise negotiate for several payments (with PDCs) considering the substantial amount that will be involved. It wouldn't hurt you to do just that as it will give you leverage later if there are issues with quality or quantity with the materials you will be purchasing.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
    Last edited by eezychair; 09-01-2012 at 03:40 PM.

SAVERS HOME DEPOT... contact christy vee chavez 09399017024

VIC Enterprises, Federal, Atlantic, Cebu Trade Center, Evergreen, Budget Builders, Universal. The list can go on..

My cousin owns a small construction supply store and the aforementioned are their suppliers..

But considering your budget and the quantities of the materials, I would suggest VIC since they ship supplies to most parts of the country.

Cebu home builders.. Try lang naa.. Naa sad na cla architects na pwede ma refer sa imoha.. Plus naa silay mga both sa ubos form different construction company..

assuming ma full time imo ma devote sa imo project, maayo ni nga idea...pero kon otherwise, not advisable

if nanubra imo kwarta better hire an architect pero visit sad panagsa, in our case we let an engr. do the house plan pero naka sense mi ka 3 na nag meet wa gihapon nagkasinabot sa plan og budget mahal pa gyud iya plano. What we did we looked for a foreman with his team for the structural then ang uban like roofing, spandrel, window glass and painting pakyaw2 system na. For steel materials ari sa worldwide kay dili substandard, ngita sad mi asa baratu cement og sa sand and gravel direct amoa. Sa ako nahibaw an ang contractor mupatong gyud na sa mga pakyaw2 nga works like sa glass installation ingon pa sa nagtaud namo muhangyo kuno og patong nga 50k usahay sila na magsabot nga di makahibalo ang tag iya sa house, duna pa na sila 25% nga ipatong sa mga materials kumprahun sabuton mga tindahan kuhaan sa mga materials, or kanang mga iless ila na. Aside pa na sa ila percentage sa pag build.

diha ko nakahibalo ani kay sa usa ka tindahan ako gikumprahan nangayo ko og porsyento nga maka less kung daghan kumprahun, ask siya kung ako ba balay, ako may pabut on pila ka porsyento, ipatong diay iya sabot kay pag kwenta na nitaas man nuon ang presyo compared sa regular price nila. Wa mi nagkasinabot diay didto na nako nabisto ingon ana diay style sa uban mga contractors. Amo gyud gipangunayan na lang kumpra bisan hassle at least daku na save. Bisan sa garden landscaping gipresyuhan mi og 30k pero ako gipangunayan wala gani kaabot 10k bisan duna pa ko 1 labor for 3 days.

Sa imo case angayan nga mu hire ka og architect kung dili ka present all the time, stretch your budget gyud kay mostly mulapas gyud na sa estimate lang nga gisabutan, basin mantinilan lang na imo materials og substandard diperensya kaayo ang sukod sa standard og substandard.

9.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12