Page 32 of 146 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast

what I'm afraid of is if the Government would sacrifice efficiency in operating this infrastructures just to create so called "jobs".

If we were a rational society, we should eliminate the human factor as much as possible and automate. Let the displaced drivers be trained in automotive maintenance. Please don't hire people to sell BRT tickets, that would be very inhumane and just another waste of human potential.

Quote Originally Posted by hexo View Post
    what I'm afraid of is if the Government would sacrifice efficiency in operating this infrastructures just to create so called "jobs".

If we were a rational society, we should eliminate the human factor as much as possible and automate. Let the displaced drivers be trained in automotive maintenance. Please don't hire people to sell BRT tickets, that would be very inhumane and just another waste of human potential.
    i think ticketing system is also part of the project. in every system implementation there will always be someone or something displaced. but i think the world bank has also studied the impact and will definitely address it. you can see it on the World Bank Website for this project they also have documents for this.
    http://www.worldbank.org/projects/P1...roject?lang=en

cebu cannot just rely heavily on PUJ as public transport.

I hope this will run from Carcar to Danao...so that people on both side of the Island will be able to travel with ease those promote tourism and boost the local economiya...

^hopes are shattered already...even for the people of tabunok...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by froknoi View Post
    I hope this will run from Carcar to Danao...so that people on both side of the Island will be able to travel with ease those promote tourism and boost the local economiya...
    The proposed BRT route will be from Bulacao to Talamban. AFAIK, Carcar to Danao will have its own expressway, but a big IF pa kay nag feasibility study pa man. If BRT will fit to it, then it would be of great help.

just watched the BRT from Bogota sa youtube...
    murag dako2x sad jud ang ma usab sa dalan..
    kay sa inner lane man ang ila bus lane/stop ug daghan skywalk buhaton pra mo tabok sa bus stop...

i hope gi studyhan sad nila ang bus system sa Singapore..
    almost the same ra ang concept except ang bus stop naa sa outside lane...
    and ang mode of payment is cashless like tap lang sa card kung musakay...

dakong trabahuon sa atong gobyerno and i hope this really will materialize but first things first ,need gyud usa ma padako ang gamay nga kadalanan sa syudad sa sugbo before this will ever come to fruition

I can only hope this BRT will be managed and operated privately because I'm afraid if the government take charge of this, it will result to corruption, incompetence and inefficiency like what happened to PNR. Another peoples money down the drain and again we citizens suffer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rayven716 View Post
    I can only hope this BRT will be managed and operated privately because I'm afraid if the government take charge of this, it will result to corruption, incompetence and inefficiency like what happened to PNR. Another peoples money down the drain and again we citizens suffer.
    It will be operated privately through BOT (Build - Operate - Transfer) scheme and will be transferred to the government after 15, 25 or 30 years depending on the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by cliff_drew View Post
    It will be operated privately through BOT (Build - Operate - Transfer) scheme and will be transferred to the government after 15, 25 or 30 years depending on the contract.
    Its re-assuring that it will be on BOT scheme but I still wish the government should stay out of this given their dismal records when it comes to operating public utilities of this magnitude.

11.    Advertisement