Blog Entries

Default Hi-res photos of world's first privately-launched space transport system, the Dragon

I thought it would be nice to share these high resolution photos of the Dragon, the world's first commercial fully-automatic cargo transport (and soon to be manned) system, the SpaceX Dragon Capsule. Most of these shots were taken by astronauts on board the International Space Station (ISS).

Dragon approaching the ISS

The approaching Dragon seen from inside the ISS copula viewing area

Astronaut Don Pettit observing the Dragon approaching the ISS from the copula

Don Pettit using a Nikon D3 to take the photos of the Dragon that you are now seeing on this page.

Dragon gets closer to the ISS...note the grapple fixture bay door open, and grapple fixture (Y-shaped) visible.

Beautiful shot of earth, and the grappled Dragon

Detail of the robotic arm that captured the Dragon

Robotic arm docks the Dragon into an ISS docking port.

An ISS astronaut unloads cargo inside the Dragon

Dragon in the Pacific Ocean shortly after splashdown on May 31, 2012. Note the paint scorched by re-entry flames.

Dragon on board the recovery ship

-RODION

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hi-res photos of world's first privately-launched space transport system, the Dra

NOTE: If you want even higher resolution, right click on the image and choose "open image" or "copy image URL" then paste to a new browser window.

-RODION

SpaceX's Falcon Heavy rocket launch was a historic event, as it was the first time a privately-owned company has sent a spacecraft to space. The Falcon Heavy is also the most powerful rocket in operation as I just got it dissertation help online to know that, and can carry a payload of up to 140,000 pounds. The launch went off without a hitch, and the spacecraft is now on its way to Mars.

4.    Advertisement