Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Are we obssessed with celebrities?

In the U.S., the death of Anna Nicole has really stirred up the media. From what I have observed, all entertainment shows have nothing to talk about but Anna Nicole. Even reputable news station like CNN devotes 40-50% of it's airtime about Anna Nicole. Heck, even Larry King has alloted his night time show to anything about Anna since she died. Celebrities are chased/stalked by paparazzi, celebrity magazines are everywhere, sites on the internet devoted to celebrity sightings, etc. Here in the Philippines same thing gihapon though mura dili kaayo ta high-tech pareha sa U.S. pero grabe gihapon ang mga celebrity chizmiz.

So my question is: Are we really obssessed with celebrities?

As for me, I'm not obssessed with celebrities. I like watching, listening or reading gossips about them but not to the extent nga dili makumpleto ako adlaw kung wala koy mahibaw-an nga chizmis about nila. If I miss an episode of the Buzz or S-Files, ok lang sa ako, di man makuha-an ako adlaw.

What about you guys?

Default Re: Are we obssessed with celebrities?

obsess ka oi

never

nah, dont have to waste my precious time on them... theyre just rili a trash to the public....

Quote Originally Posted by vanceloma
    obsess ka oi
    if you don't fully understand the meaning of obsess, obsession - please check the dictionary una before you say that i am obsessed with celebrities noh.

Don't care since I've got enough problems on my own. But what annoys me however is that you get home from work and you're very tired... so you just turn On the TV to watch the 6 O'clock news to catch up on today's events....but what do you see? They devote almost the entire 1hr news bulletin bout Britney Spears shaving her head. W-T-F?

I guess at the end of the day....

Celebrity Scandal = Ratings
    Ratings = $$$$

Lovely world we live in.

I listen to the news to see what's going on in the world. Obsess with celebrities? No, I don't think so. I may feel sorry when something bad happen to them for the reason that they are also human like us and thats about it.

sometimes i am.

I'd like to think that celebrities are obsessed about us~

How else would they remain popular and valuable in media unless they do something attention-grabbing controversial, or downright like pathetic like shaving one's head bald just for the heck of it, or admitting infidelity on nationwide television and putting a show of martyrdom and sacrifice, or flirting with the possibility of an off-screen romance blooming behind an on-screen chemistry?

I think being in the public eye and having celebrity status is a narcotic. Once you have it, you got to keep having it... you'd do anything to keep it. As long as an audience PAYS attention.

Quote Originally Posted by WinFlo
    if you don't fully understand the meaning of obsess, obsession - please check the dictionary una before you say that i am obsessed with celebrities noh.
    lol

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast