Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Line 6 Spider Amps: What do you think?

hallo mga pips.

I want to know your opinion sa mga naka-gamit sa spider series amps sa Line 6. Maglisod ba kag timpla sa imo gadget if you're just using the clean channel niya? I heard the sound is glassy. Soundbytes sa ila website doesnt help at all. its best jud for someone to share their actual experience with the unit.

Please do share your comments and experiences here! Thanks!

Default Re: Line 6 Spider Amps: What do you think?

A friend of mine used to have the old Line 6 Spider combo... 2x10 speakers.. 60 watts I think. It's a decent amp... The clean sound is good... a bit thin.. quite expected from a solid-state amp with an open back speaker cab. I think you're better off with something else.. especially if you're planning on using your own effects/pedals instead of the amp's on-board digital effects/modeler .

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

Thank you sir.

What would you suggest around a $300 budget?

I heard and saw the new promo vid ng spider 3. There was this dude testing it using a Gibson nuon iya guitar. It sounded pretty sweet... but mas nice man jud kung kato actual jud nakagamit ba mas mutuo ko versus the video. Usahay ila mana palamian na kay of course, marketing strategy of a new product...

The video can be downloaded sa musiciansfriend... I was looking at the Spider III 75 and 120...

Don't take my word for it bai.... best thing is for you to go to Guitar Center or Sam Ash and try it yourself. Pero if I was in your shoes ... I'd rather get a Fender Combo .. there's a 2x12 that packs 100 solid-state watts for $329.99... and a Fender 2x10 with 65 watts for only $289... (amps and prices taken from musiciansfriend sab)

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

Dako ba ang difference sa Celestion speakers and those other namebrand speakers (Vox, Fender, etc.)?

Nindot man ang celestion, depende sab ug unsa nga klase sa Celestion nga speakers, daghan man gud na silag line of speakers gud. I think ang gigamit sa LINE 6 ikay kanang low end speakers sa celestion... kay ang mga mahalon nila, mahal sab gyud.
    Pero depende man sab gyud na sa pre-amp bai. If bati ang pre-amp, bati sab gyud ang tingog bisag unsa pa ka nindot ang speaker nimo.
    Sa tinuod lang sab, I don't think audible ang diperensya sa sound quality sa Celestion nga gigamit sa Line 6 Spiders compared to the Fender stock speakers.

Great review/advice sir. Thanks for the input.

To be honest, if I only have the extra money, I'd go with the B-52 AT-100 head paresan with their B52 4x12 cab. Some say that it is even better than the MArshall JCMs or Peavies out there...

Reason I'm looking for an new amp is that I just hate it when the other guitarist drowns out my sound (especially if i play with a loud drummer. kusog muhapak, kusog mukaon, thats what they say... )

But going back to Line 6, so I guess di jud sha nice paresan ug pedals, huh... I was thinking na maybe I'll get kato ila footswitch para lang sa channels. Hadlok lang ko mag-ilog sa sound ag ako effects ug ag onboard modeller...

Bai.... I'd really discourage if you plan on using the Line 6 on live situations. Okay ra sya pang practice sa gamay sa lugar. Pero on a decent sized venue, di mag silbe. A few years ago, and THE DAWN nag tour diri sa NY (before 9/11 .. I remember exactly kay na tanggong sila diri sa New York pag 9/11 .. na cancel ilang gig sa Chicago).... SUSHI used my friend's Line 6 Spider (60 watter 2x10 inchers) ... it got drowned out. Gamay ra gani to nga venue bai pero puno ug taw, wa ma dungog ang Spider.

Nice na Line 6 spider amps, i use to have the 65 watt one, if your like rock only..ok kau sya,! if naka kwarta palit ai, hehehe e compare sya sa
    peavey na transtube.,daog line 6 if rock ra! nako roland 120 watt jazz chorus, 1980's pani sya sa ako papa n still has the ORIGINAL spring reverb n roland speakers,hehe

Quote Originally Posted by bryanarzaga
    Nice na Line 6 spider amps, i use to have the 65 watt one, if your like rock only..ok kau sya,! if naka kwarta palit ai, hehehe e compare sya sa
    peavey na transtube.,daog line 6 if rock ra! nako roland 120 watt jazz chorus, 1980's pani sya sa ako papa n still has the ORIGINAL spring reverb n roland speakers,hehe
    Roland 120? I've only heard of it... legendary amp. :mrgreen:

Ever tried running your pedals on a Line 6? Wa mag-ilog sa sound?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast