Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Question What do you look for in a hotel?

Hello iSTORYAns, we are coming up with a comprehensive hotel review guide for hotels in Cebu. With this, we would like your thoughts and opinions on what should be included in said review.

When looking for a hotel or any place to stay in Cebu, what do you look for? What is most important to you for you to choose to stay in that said hotel/place?

You may include (but not limited to)
    - Rates
    - Accessibility to places
    - Safety/ Cleanliness
    - Food
    - Comfort
    - Service

etc.

Your thoughts and comments are highly appreciated and will be significant to our endeavors.

Daghang Salamat!

Default Re: What do you look for in a hotel?

depends on what type of walk-in client but for me, as practical travel, these are what I look for: rates, cable tv, basic bathroom will do, AC, wifi.

price - i always look up at a max of 1500.00 per day (if 1 day stay) or 1000.00 per day (2 or more days stay) or less than 1000.00 per day (more than a week stay)

accessibility - of course in the city proper; might be near malls, restobars, food stalls, convenient stores, fastfoods

safety/ cleanliness - hmmm wala may hotel nga wala security guards dire sa pinas; not like other countries like singapore, hongkong nga wala security guards. cleanliness - dapat lang.

food - to be frank with me, i am not a fan of ordering & eating of food in the hotels. thats why i mention above that i like hotels near malls, food stalls, convenient stores, restobars, fastfoods

comfort - important is aircon, TV with cable, bathroom, landline phone, and most of all, it has wifi and must be good connection
    Last edited by edgeknife; 04-20-2012 at 07:03 PM. Reason: add something

Banned User
    Blog Entries

We look for it's reputation- we visit tripadvisor to know what to expect based from the experiences of former guests.

Then check for the price-how much are we going to pay.
    Then Amenities- for the amount that we paid is it worth it? wi-fi, bed type, room size, breakfast etc.
    Finally-location- even if its very good, cheap & have lots of perks but its not around the area that we need to then it's no use.

That's all.

Blog Entries

these days i'm interested in eco-friendly approaches. do they use biodegradable detergents? any structural changes so that natural ventilation and lighting allowed? stuff like that.

basically if we go on trips like going to the beach, we dont go for the expensive and fancy hotel accommodation (hotac) because we want to enjoy the beauty of nature. why would you spend on something that you know artificial, right? so, if you hit the sands of boracay, go for the secured, tidy, economical and near the beach.

Find out if the place is totally secured especially when going out from your room

Blog Entries

i agree with almost everything that everyone has shared. for me, i would add just one item, which I always do lately, that there are no hidden cameras in the room. whether it be high end hotel or low end, i always check the mirrors, vents, any item with tiny holes in them and glass parts. basin ma scandal unya ta, hehehe..

We are good Food,Comfortable rooms and best thing service is very proper neat and clean..We are enjoy also like Cable TV.

Singapore Street Style

clean sheets and clean bathrooms is a must for me. i want to feel comfortable as much as possible.

not so much with the food since we can eat outside.

hotel rate? as long as we get what we pay for.

good service is a big plus! we don't want to enjoy our trip (activities outside the hotel) only to be greeted with bad customer service as we start/end our day.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast