Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default A tight Senate race

The latest Pulse Asia survey shows the 12 names that would most likely win Senate seats for the 2013 elections.

They are, in this order: Senators Loren Legarda, Francis Escudero, Manuel Roxas II, Alan Peter Cayetano, newcomer Jack Ponce Enrile, former Vice President Noli de Castro, Senators Antonio Trillanes, Gregorio Honasan, Rep. JV Ejercito, Senator Koko Pimentel, broadcaster Ted Failon and Justice Secretary Leila de Lima.

Outright, I’m sure that the first six will land in the Magic 12, though not necessarily in that order. As for No. 1, it will be a touch and go for Loren, Chiz and Mar. As for Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile’s son, Jackie, he’ll make it for sure because of the name Enrile. Noli will surely be elected again.

As for the next six names, nothing is certain yet as former Senators Richard Gordon and Miguel Zubiri have not yet been factored in.

Gordon’s record both as senator and chairman of Philippine National Red Cross speaks for itself. Zubiri, for his part, has a base in Visayas and Mindanao. Pimentel has an edge among the last six because of his last name and his Mindanao base. I am just not sure about Trillanes, given his lackluster performance in the Senate.

Ejercito has to depend on the “masa” base of his father, former President Joseph Estrada. Failon may not run at all because he is committed to his profession.

De Lima is the big question mark. She holds the precarious 12th spot in the Pulse Asia survey. She is the most talkative among the Cabinet members but she would be a newcomer in the Legislature. If Gordon and Zubiri get factored in, she could very easily get bumped off.

But who knows? President Benigno Aquino III needs a Doberman in the Senate.

Oh well. A lot of things can still happen.

A tight Senate race | Manila Standard Today

Election season is almost near..kinsa inyong botaran for senator if elections will be held today? storyans,post your possible senatorial line up here.

Default Re: A tight Senate race

I hope si Ms. Riza Hontiveros gets elected. #13 siya sa last election. She's very proactive, vocal and will make a good senator because she really takes a firm stand on issues.

wait,, No gwen? ehehhehe

Quote Originally Posted by gmaroxram View Post
    wait,, No gwen? ehehhehe
    Way chance niana si Gwen.

maglisod si Gwen,samot na sa luzon,maayo lang og mo solid vote visayas and mindanao but kaduhaduhaan japun..might as well she will slid to congress in place of her father.popularity man japon og name recall ang reasons ngano ma elect nga senator,not sa imong platform of govt. og unsay bill nimo plano para sa kaayuhan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebastian rella View Post
    maglisod si Gwen,samot na sa luzon,maayo lang og mo solid vote visayas and mindanao but kaduhaduhaan japun..might as well she will slid to congress in place of her father.popularity man japon og name recall ang reasons ngano ma elect nga senator,not sa imong platform of govt. og unsay bill nimo plano para sa kaayuhan.
    Kung federal system unta ta by region pagpili sa mga senador, naay chance pero ang pagpili sa mga senador, nationwide at-large man, wa jud siyay chance.

^ i dont see gwen winning the senate...

come on guys, it was just only an out of the blue question bout gwen that I made. Let us focus on the listed candidates above kay basin mo padong ta sa OT ani kung mag tapok ang mga anti ug pro gwen.. ehehe..

On the listed above, wait..... Leila de Lima? So all the things she have done previously was for a show ra diay? Damn I love her on the justice system but on the senate? come on.....

Sayuha nang.companya ani oi.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gmaroxram View Post
    come on guys, it was just only an out of the blue question bout gwen that I made. Let us focus on the listed candidates above kay basin mo padong ta sa OT ani kung mag tapok ang mga anti ug pro gwen.. ehehe..

On the listed above, wait..... Leila de Lima? So all the things she have done previously was for a show ra diay? Damn I love her on the justice system but on the senate? come on.....

boss G,

all for show ra tong kang Leila de Lima para mainclude sa senatorial line up,kisaw ba para mailhan. she will not be on my list if the elections will be done today. im still putting up my list ,is Pia cayetano a reelectionist? if she is,she would top my list.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast