Page 77 of 239 FirstFirst ... 677475767778798087 ... LastLast

Default Re: CEBU's Modern Buildings, new constructions, IT Parks, and UPDATES about CEBU

Default Re: CEBU's Modern Buildings, new constructions, IT Parks, and UPDATES about CEBU

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman
    Quote Originally Posted by tagadiri
    Quote Originally Posted by karlitobagatsing
    hmmm..i'm not quite sure its a fog..i think its pollution.
    yup, more like a smog... mao na akong pirme makit-an ig uli nako gikan graveyard...
    i don't think so. tokyo is also like that almost everyday even with its very clean air. there may be a degree of pollution, but it is not at all that. cebu is humid too so expect something like that especially in the mornings when temperature is cooler.
    hmm...its really hard to distinguish smog from fog...heck it even sounds the same..but I'd still vote for pollution..
    you have your point bro, but the picture emphasized the improvement of cebu on its infustructure this past decade. its sad to say that pollution in the city is worsen up too but thats the price of development.

there should be an organization who shall also study on new ways to provide a much cleaner air. basig ma pareha na ta ani sa manila na grabe na kaau ang smog. Hopefully the mayors of cebu would look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by tagadiri
    Quote Originally Posted by karlitobagatsing
    hmmm..i'm not quite sure its a fog..i think its pollution.
    yup, more like a smog... mao na akong pirme makit-an ig uli nako gikan graveyard...
    i don't think so. tokyo is also like that almost everyday even with its very clean air. there may be a degree of pollution, but it is not at all that. cebu is humid too so expect something like that especially in the mornings when temperature is cooler.
    hmm...its really hard to distinguish smog from fog...heck it even sounds the same..but I'd still vote for pollution..
    try traveling to other international cities too, especially the humid ones so you will know that the occurence is not just unique to cebu. i am not saying it is all haze and there definitely are particulates that qualify as pollutants in the air. it can't be denied cebu plays host to pollution like any other city, especially that of a developing nation.

we hope that your 3 recent "pollution-based" posts suffice. vote as long as you want, say the first one publicly and all the rest to yourself. pollution or not, or whatever you call it, we got your point sound and clear. we expect your next post to be in harmony with the thread's title itself.

shall we go on? or shall we dwell on this same topic again and again? we are in a generation of cds and dvds and not of old records that play the same tune again and again when not in shape.

[img width=500 height=375]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8422/imgp23552zd.jpg[/img]
    I think this is fog because I once saw something like this too in Mactan (from the bridge) when I was on my way to the airport early around 5am... naa sad ingun ani sa among village, somewhere in the mountains in the background.. Hehehehhe

But the ones that we see in the afternoon (very visible if you're in Nivel Hills) are obviously smog. They're somewhat gray in color.

I found this posted in a another forum, I dunno if this was from a newspaper or from a press release from CHI's website:

CHI set to work on new bldg.

Cebu Holdings Inc. will start work on the expansion of Ayala Center Cebu on Friday.

The expansion building, that will sit on an eight-hectare commercial block that used to be the public utility jeepney terminal adjacent to the mall, is expected to be completed early next year.

The new building, set to rise at the south surface area of the mall, will have five levels with basement parking floors, and will add over 60,000 square meters of gross leasable area.

This additional structure is seen to elevate the standards of Cebu lifestyle of shopping as it houses world-renowned brands. It will accomodate a supermarket, popular local and international retail outlets, and a digital hub that will complement the mall's existent offerings. (PR)

@Martiano

duda nako bai mao ni siya ang katung Uniwide Building sa Mandaue Recla nga gi-planohan nila nga i convert ug usa ka commercial building. maayo unta madayon pero obviously di jud ni mahuman in time for ASEAN summit.. Hmmmm, unsaon kaha ila plano diha sa? Unsaon kaha na para munindot inig summit?
    [img width=500 height=353]http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/5722/mandaue4hk.jpg[/img]

mao lagi problema ani ky dako raba kaayo ang uniwide nya naa ra atbang sa cicc.. maypa ila to e demolish nya limpyuhan ang yuta para dili sagabal inig asian summit

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldsa
    I found this posted in a another forum, I dunno if this was from a newspaper or from a press release from CHI's website:

CHI set to work on new bldg.

Cebu Holdings Inc. will start work on the expansion of Ayala Center Cebu on Friday.

The expansion building, that will sit on an eight-hectare commercial block that used to be the public utility jeepney terminal adjacent to the mall, is expected to be completed early next year.

The new building, set to rise at the south surface area of the mall, will have five levels with basement parking floors, and will add over 60,000 square meters of gross leasable area.

This additional structure is seen to elevate the standards of Cebu lifestyle of shopping as it houses world-renowned brands. It will accomodate a supermarket, popular local and international retail outlets, and a digital hub that will complement the mall's existent offerings. (PR)
    yes, this is published on SunStar today and also posted in CHI's website. Here's the link:

http://www.cebuholdings.com/ViewNewsItem.do?newsID=254

forward cebu!!

Ayala Center's expansion targets high-end shoppers
    By Ehda M. Dagooc
    The Freeman 07/01/2006

The soon-to-rise five-level mega-complex, with 6,000 square meter area for lease, will be the shopping haven for the upper class shoppers, as it will be accommodating an impressive array of premium shops.

About 50 more popular local and international brands will open their respective shops in Cebu in the first quarter of 2007, which is expected to fill in what is lacking in Cebu.

ACC's developer Cebu Holdings Inc. (CHI) has allocated around P1 billion investment for the entire mall's expansion and renovations.

"This five-level mall expansion is only the start of a series of developments to happen in Ayala Center in the next three-and-a-half years," CHI president and chief executive officer (CEO) Jose Rene D. Almendras said during yesterday's project ground breaking.

Rustan's Supermarket will be the anchor supermarket store in the mall's annex building. It will also open its second Fresh Supermarket in the area.

Ayala Center's Rustan's Fresh Supermarket would be a bigger supermarket compared to the newly opened outlet in Banawa. Rustan's Supermarket-Ayala will be situated in a 2,000 square-meter floor area.

According to Almendras, Cebu is now ready to accommodate premium or high-end signature brands, in fact, this kind of retail segment is what's lacking in Cebu as of this time.

"Cebu has become the primary destination in Visayas and Mindanao, and the international gateway. This is our way of filling up the gap," Almendras said.

The mega-complex will also create a special zone for technology products and services. This zone will bring in technology to a very convenient level, and the whole convergence of technology products and services will be offered in this zone, he said.

In over 10 years of operating its shopping mall in Cebu, this is the first time that CHI invested on a major expansion project for the mall.

According to Almendras, the existing four-story ACC and 300 available commercial spaces is "technically-full", which has made it difficult for the mall to accept interested tenants. Besides, he said Cebu needs more signature shops for the growing number of sophisticated consumer-base as well the tourists.

CHI ended the year 2005 with a sweeping 30 percent net income growth to P117.3 million from previous year's P90.6 million. ACC is one of the biggest revenue contributors of this publicly listed firm.

Beginning this year, Almendras said earlier that CHI will strengthen its retail rental portfolio by 17 percent or an additional 13, 500 square meters of space at ACC.

Almendras added that with CHI's position as the first real estate company in the Philippines to have gotten a triple certification for ISO, ACC's consumers will expect enhanced service standards.

"We must make sure that we do not cause inconvenience to the shoppers," Almendras adding that the mall has currently implemented new sets of standards to further pamper mall shoppers.

The construction of the new building will be done by Makati Development Corporation (MDC).

11.    Advertisement