Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Rent or Buy a house

Quote Originally Posted by BLX90Six1 View Post
    Buy a house and lot....straight less hassle and worries, long term... sayang ang funds if you will rent.
    Wala pa cya money pang buy kay magtigum pa cya next 5 years. Only option is rent then save 5 years + invest. And Housing loan.

Quote Originally Posted by SioDenz View Post
    Invest jud pero iapil sa kwentada ang total amount sa imung na Rent for 5 years para makita nimu ang big picture. Kwentaha if pila imung magasto sa rent lan for 5 years - If di baka alkanse.
    hmm.. i think lahi man akong mindset when it comes to renting. i don't see rent as throwing away money. if i buy my own house, i think of it as a liability because it will not generate any income... unless i will rent it out or sell it in the future. if i buy a house by paying spot cash, i need to shell out a big amount of savings which leaves me to almost nothing which is quite risky. if i loan money, i will be paying a big chunk of my savings monthly, plus pay the interests which is what i consider as throwing away money. on the other hand, if i continue to rent, it gives me a several advantages like the following..
    - i can save and invest the excess money in bonds and stocks which can yield good interests rate if invested properly
    - i am liquid since i can convert my investments to cash easily in case of emergency (i cannot sell the house in an instant if i need money for emergency)
    - i can easily transfer to another place if the need arises like there is a natural disaster or there is a new work or business opportunity (if i had my own house, then i'm somewhat stuck there)
    - i can use the part of the savings to pay for bigger insurance coverage, better education for my kids, enjoy more family vacation, etc

if i bought my own house 5 years ago by loaning, for sure today i would still be paying for the amortization, and my personal savings will probably be the same or increased only a little because a big portion of the monthly earnings will just go to the amortization. but since i just rented, i was able to invest in other things which i think are more important for today and in the future. somehow i feel i was able to achieve more financial freedom by doing this

Mas maayo jud nga mupalit og balay kay sa mag rent. Kay hayahay kaayo ang tag iya sa rental nga place cge lag kaadawat og kwarta lupig pa pensioner ^_^

nindot ug blay ug ka afford ka, i consider it as the best investment for your family.

buying a house would be better, but you consider the price (lots of ways to lower it down or get assistance) location,safety and your freakin neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by genx View Post
    nindot ug blay ug ka afford ka, i consider it as the best investment for your family.
    i think it really depends on the person, but i don't see it as an investment. for me, buying a house is a big liability because i have to set aside a big amount of funds to acquire it, and loaning makes it a further liability because it puts me in debt. unless the house will be able to generate an income on its own, i don't consider it as an investment. investing in a farm land and selling its harvest is an investment. maybe i should build my home in a farm

7.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345