Page 178 of 196 FirstFirst ... 168175176177178179180181188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1958

Quote Originally Posted by sammedriano View Post
    Thanks for the information, sir @makie29.

My understanding on your response specifically in determining whether "they" are a "Certified Investment Solicitor", is that you are referring to the Mutual Fund company itself.
    CIS (Certified Investment Solicitors) are individuals/persons. Maybe think of it this way lang, CIS are agents of mutual fund companies. It's a move of SEC to (at least) protect the public against scammers.

However, my question is: How will I guarantee that my email being sent to Philequity's website reached the right team and not to some computer programming geniuses out there, who intentionally hacks these Certified Investment Solicitor's email databases, to gather potential investors information and contacts them personally. I know this may sound paranoia, but this sort of question reached my mind and it bugs me bad. Hihi.

I hope you can shed me some light

Thank you sir.
    To be honest, I really can't answer that since my knowledge about programming/web development or maybe technology in general is not that deep (though I'm an ECE graduate). I think such question is more of IT in nature.

Nevertheless, always be on the safe side. Maybe calling the company for inquiries is a better option than sending them email (based on your concern).

Hi guys, I'm planning to open a mutual fund account next month and I'm looking at First Metro to go with. Since they appear to be doing good with money market funds, bond funds and balanced funds. And I was hoping to get the equity funds with PhilEquity but it seems there is no one we can directly deal with them here in Cebu. But since First Metro is doing good with equity funds I might instead get it from them. I'm even considering BPI if its advisable to create multiple accounts or would it be better for me to start with one account and stick with them. Would First Metro be a good mutual fund company for me to start with or is there something else you can recommend for a beginner in this industry.

Also how can I get in touch with First Metro? Can I just go directly at their office or is there someone I can talk to first before opening an account?

Thanks a lot.

Sir @makie29, no worries. All the details you've mentioned here are all very sensible and relevant. I really appreciate the time you put into answering my queries.

Yep, probably calling them directly will be a much better course of action. Happy investing!

Quote Originally Posted by makie29 View Post
    CIS (Certified Investment Solicitors) are individuals/persons. Maybe think of it this way lang, CIS are agents of mutual fund companies. It's a move of SEC to (at least) protect the public against scammers.

To be honest, I really can't answer that since my knowledge about programming/web development or maybe technology in general is not that deep (though I'm an ECE graduate). I think such question is more of IT in nature.

Nevertheless, always be on the safe side. Maybe calling the company for inquiries is a better option than sending them email (based on your concern).

Quote Originally Posted by iamxedrix View Post
    Hi guys, I'm planning to open a mutual fund account next month and I'm looking at First Metro to go with. Since they appear to be doing good with money market funds, bond funds and balanced funds. And I was hoping to get the equity funds with PhilEquity but it seems there is no one we can directly deal with them here in Cebu. But since First Metro is doing good with equity funds I might instead get it from them. I'm even considering BPI if its advisable to create multiple accounts or would it be better for me to start with one account and stick with them. Would First Metro be a good mutual fund company for me to start with or is there something else you can recommend for a beginner in this industry.

Also how can I get in touch with First Metro? Can I just go directly at their office or is there someone I can talk to first before opening an account?

Thanks a lot.
    FAMI (First Metro), PEMI (PhilEquity) and BPI are all very good mutual fund companies. Your investment is in good hands in either of these three.

Here's something that you should consider: Past performances is not a guarantee of future performance which means that the leaders right now may (most likely) not be the leaders next year, even in the next few months. In mutual funds, you should have a long term outlook, maybe at least 5 years, to fully appreciate the growth. It's not all about picking or going for the company that gives the "most" growth but rather accumulation of shares.

The only dilemma you have if you opt for PhilEquity is the lack of visibility. Try to contact them first and see how prompt are they in dealing with inquiries. Chances are, that's how fast they are in dealing with your concerns later on (if you're a client). By far, PhilEquity is consistently at the top of the MF rankings in the Philippines. Not a really bad choice.

For FAMI, their office is at First Metro Investments Center (FMIC) right beside Metrobank at Jones Ave.. Look for James Vasquez.

For BPI, try visiting BPI branches, maybe they can help you.

I suggest you open one account with minimal investment. The purpose of which is for you to see how mutual funds work. If you get the hang of it, maybe that's the time to add more.

Good point, sir Makie. Thanks for sharing

FAMI (First Metro), PEMI (PhilEquity) and BPI are all very good mutual fund companies. Your investment is in good hands in either of these three.

Here's something that you should consider: Past performances is not a guarantee of future performance which means that the leaders right now may (most likely) not be the leaders next year, even in the next few months. In mutual funds, you should have a long term outlook, maybe at least 5 years, to fully appreciate the growth. It's not all about picking or going for the company that gives the "most" growth but rather accumulation of shares.

The only dilemma you have if you opt for PhilEquity is the lack of visibility. Try to contact them first and see how prompt are they in dealing with inquiries. Chances are, that's how fast they are in dealing with your concerns later on (if you're a client). By far, PhilEquity is consistently at the top of the MF rankings in the Philippines. Not a really bad choice.

For FAMI, their office is at First Metro Investments Center (FMIC) right beside Metrobank at Jones Ave.. Look for James Vasquez.

I suggest you open one account with minimal investment. The purpose of which is for you to see how mutual funds work. If you get the hang of it, maybe that's the time to add more.

Ask lang mga brader. Ang mutual funds secure bani or I mean guaranteed ba nga mo grow imohang money sa future or it's just like stocks nga fluctuate? Hehehe (sorry newbie question) Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d3wm4 View Post
    Ask lang mga brader. Ang mutual funds secure bani or I mean guaranteed ba nga mo grow imohang money sa future or it's just like stocks nga fluctuate? Hehehe (sorry newbie question) Thanks
    Mutual funds are secure but returns aren't guaranteed. It is secure in a sense that it is highly regulated by SEC but returns aren't guaranteed because it is an investment. Investments always come with risk. It is volatile like stocks. MFs (equity funds) are actually invested in stocks. In MFs, if you want to maximize the growth, be sure to go long term (maybe at least 5 years). The longer your investing period, the better off you are.

This is well explained. Thank you so much. I think I've already made a lot of research and study. I should now then start working on it. Thank you again for the advice sir Makie.

Mutual funds are secure but returns aren't guaranteed. It is secure in a sense that it is highly regulated by SEC but returns aren't guaranteed because it is an investment. Investments always come with risk. It is volatile like stocks. MFs (equity funds) are actually invested in stocks. In MFs, if you want to maximize the growth, be sure to go long term (maybe at least 5 years). The longer your investing period, the better off you are.
    Thanks dude. Now I know.

@d3wm4

Nagsugod naba ka? Just Start Small Brader.. then see how your investment grow over time.. hinay hinay lang sugod.. Mas mau naa nay masugdan jud..

- - - Updated - - -

Mau noon if naa na sila branch office dri sa cebu kay atong mga higala nga mga cebuano dilina mahasol pa.. Pero nag sugod ko Manila tanan ang papers.. Karon maayo nalang pod kay ang philequity nag upgrade na pod.. online nalang ka padad an ug certificate of confirmation ug statement..

Quote Originally Posted by jackdi View Post
    Naa man sa ilang website.
    Naa sa Contact Us then inside anang "Distributor".

PhilEquity Cebu Branch:
    Ground Floor, J and N Building
    137 F. Ramos Street
    Cebu City, 6000, Cebu

Tel (032) 254 8247

Call the number lang to verify.

Happy Investing!
    - - - Updated - - -

Sa mga higala nato nga mga investors ug gustong mag sugod sa investment..

check this out para reference...

http://bit.ly/V198Gy

11.    Advertisement