Page 1 of 675 123411 ... LastLast

Default MERGED: All About the Corona Impeachment

Sen. Franklin Drilon today urged Chief Justice Renato Corona to inhibit from cases involving his former boss, former President and now Pampanga Rep. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo...[url]http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=751580&publicationSubCatego ryId=63..Please[/url

Should Chief justice Renato Corona inhibit or not?.Please post your comment and views.

Default Re: Chief justice ask to inhibit from GMA cases

It's simple, does the legislative branch have implicit or explicit powers to inhibit justices? If Drilon really wants to address the problem of partiality in the case then he should also urge the likes of justice Carpio, Brillantes and De Lima, to inhibit themselves as well.

Is it not in the defense of GMA after all?

You're getting obvious na..

By the way, Sec Dilemma does not need to inhibit herself coz she is siding with the state represented by the majority of the filipino people..

Quote Originally Posted by KlaytoN View Post
    Is it not in the defense of GMA after all?

You're getting obvious na..

By the way, Sec Dilemma does not need to inhibit herself coz she is siding with the state represented by the majority of the filipino people..
    Is it not in defense of impartial court? Ang gusto ni Drillon kay para walay sabit ang korte para madayun ang vendetta. Coming from the "Partido Liberal", Don't you think that's warping to one's favor? I see it either way: leave the SC as it is or inhibit both Corona and Carpio--if they call so much for partiality. Why do you think Carpio chose to inhibit from the HL case? No qualms with Corona inhibiting himself though, but urged by the LP? that's hardly called a move for impartiality.

okay, but that doesn't excuse Justice Carpio. De Lima, I can understand. But Carpio? If we're gonna follow Drillon's train of thought then it will have to come to that.

PNoy: "No matter what the law or legal order coming from the highest court in the land says, as long as I believe these to be biased against me and favor only a select few, I am intimated broadly in defying the Rule of Law. I am ready to do this because at my side are the moral right and judgement, and the truth, and more than anything, the Filipino people are on my side." (In his speech delivered during the National Bureau of Investigation's 75th Anniversary, Nov. 23, 2011).

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by æRLO View Post
    It's simple, does the legislative branch have implicit or explicit powers to inhibit justices? If Drilon really wants to address the problem of partiality in the case then he should also urge the likes of justice Carpio, Brillantes and De Lima, to inhibit themselves as well.
    I don't know what it is about this suggestion that you don't understand. It doesn't matter that it comes from a Liberal senator, but are you seriously saying you don't "get" why a Chief Justice of the Supreme Court who used to work for PGMA should inhibit himself from a case? Lesser judges are asked to inhibit themselves for similar reasons.

And I can't believe you said De Lima should inhibit herself. What kind of logic is that? De Lima is with the DOJ (prosecution) of course she's already biased in favor of the State, that's part of her job! On the other hand, an SC justice has to be seen as totally impartial in any case before him.

I think you are letting your anti-noynoy mentality cloud your judgment. And this is coming from someone who is not really a noynoy fan...

Quote Originally Posted by monroy View Post
    I don't know what it is about this suggestion that you don't understand. It doesn't matter that it comes from a Liberal senator, but are you seriously saying you don't "get" why a Chief Justice of the Supreme Court who used to work for PGMA should inhibit himself from a case? Lesser judges are asked to inhibit themselves for similar reasons.

And I can't believe you said De Lima should inhibit herself. What kind of logic is that? De Lima is with the DOJ (prosecution) of course she's already biased in favor of the State, that's part of her job! On the other hand, an SC justice has to be seen as totally impartial in any case before him.

I think you are letting your anti-noynoy mentality cloud your judgment. And this is coming from someone who is not really a noynoy fan...
    and yet your anti-gma mentality doesn't cloud your judgement?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertCruz View Post
    and yet your anti-gma mentality doesn't cloud your judgement?
    Do you have something to say about this topic or are you just here to troll and insult other posters which is really all you do in every single thread you get into. Amiright?

I don't like Noynoy and I don't like PGMA. I also don't like Supreme Court. But most of all, I don't like your lame antics and I think the mods are getting sick of it as well

mas mau ana mg inhibit sila tanan kay purug sila giappoint ug president....

This just my opinion.I think Chief justice Corona should inhibit just for delicadeza.

Quote Originally Posted by bisan-unsa View Post
    mas mau ana mg inhibit sila tanan kay purug sila giappoint ug president....
    You are right.I think it's time to change the system nga dili ang incumbent president ang mo-appoint ug mga justices sa Supreme court.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 675 123411 ... LastLast