Page 1 of 36 123411 ... LastLast

Default There is no such thing as HEAVEN.

during the last years of my college days i finally decided to take the military course, i was lucky i wasn't part of the ROTC world coz my bro enrolled me to CWS (civic welfare services) run by religious education teachers... to cut the long story as part of the course we had a 3 days and 2 nights sort of retreat handled by a priest (well-known) and few of our religious instructors @ school. I won't mention any names na lang... anyways one morning we had a lecture about Jesus's real purpose on earth and as expected a lot of us shared opinions and ideas regarding the topic.... but one topic made us very silent and really quite for a few seconds when the priest said “there is no such thing as heaven” and this news comes straight from vatican that they have to spread the news carefully and discreetly to the members of the church coz this is a very sensitive issue of course this might lead to something unwanted. Sa akong pagka siaw na student i was speechless for a couple of minutes,.. and then i told my friends about it... i hear different reactions and opinions, maybe you too can share your ideas.

as for my view regarding this.... yes there is no such thing as heaven.

Default Re: There is no such thing as HEAVEN.

Let say wala...nya mag unsa nata ron?
    Wala sad sila nag mention kung naay hell? naa unta ba for the sake..

Even the Pope john paul II mentioned about this on August 1999 at Today magazine that there's no place like heaven and even Hell. He said that its a matter of condition of life.

But the Bible mentioned about Heavens, even upto 3rd Heavens.
    Then who do you believe, who is more credible?
    GOd was in Heaven, then suddenly someone will say no heaven.
    All i know is that, 1 Thessalonians 5:21-22. (Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.Abstain from all appearance of evil.).
    God created the Heavens, Genesis 2:1 (Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.).

For me its just a matter of Faith, Hebrew 11:1 (Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.)

Peace!

definitely right! heaven is a state not a place...

you mean final destination na diay nato ni dre...maybe hell is here on earth since naa man dire tanang problema

deathstar0818 @

you may choose to lead a boring life or a colorful one regardless of wiether or not there is heaven.

i disagree, i believe there is a place called heaven and nobody can take that away from me

Quote Originally Posted by dredd41v576
    you mean final destination na diay nato ni dre...maybe hell is here on earth since naa man dire tanang problema

of course not because this is a physical world, try to view out a picture if we are bodyless, still we could think right? because what is within our physical body is this consiousness, mind or spirit that controls our actions, that is in a form of ectoplasmic stuff or an energy. so where do this mind go would depend on our actions

Quote Originally Posted by JawBreaker
    ...but one topic made us very silent and really quite for a few seconds when the priest said “there is no such thing as heaven” and this news comes straight from vatican that they have to spread the news carefully and discreetly to the members of the church coz this is a very sensitive issue of course this might lead to something unwanted.
    Since you refuse to name names from the outset, I suppose it would be very difficult to ask this "well-knowned" priest precisely which Vatican document denied the existence of heaven, and that such should be made known to the Catholic Church in the Philippines in a careful and discreet manner.

Quote Originally Posted by rcruman
    Even the Pope john paul II mentioned about this on August 1999 at Today magazine that there's no place like heaven and even Hell. He said that its a matter of condition of life.
    Perhaps, this is the document you and the priest who gave the retreat to JawBreaker, among others, are referring to.

In the document, the late Pope John Paul II defines "place" as St. Thomas Aquinas does, that is:
    "Incorporeal things are not in place after a manner known and familiar to us, in which way we say that bodies are properly in place; but they are in place after a manner befitting spiritual substances, a manner that cannot be fully manifest to us." [St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologiae, Supplement, Q69, a1, reply 1]
    Our idea of "Place" is bounded by Space and Time, you see. God, Heaven, Hell and Purgatory, the Angels, the Devils and the Souls are all eternal, and thus not bounded by Space and Time. Rather than denying the very existence of such realities, the late pope was correcting our concept of such realities as places in space and in time, as commonly perceived and represented in human language-- like in the Bible.

Blessed Christmas and a Holy New Year to one and all.

Gloria in Exelcis Deo!

There's no point and sense if heaven is not a physical place but only a condition in life.
    Why do we do Good anyway if there's no heaven for those who do Good and let us do evil because anyway there's no hell.
    Is it great if we receive reward because we do Good (eternal life) and receive eternal damnation if we do Evil.

Heaven is up there where the paradise is located and where the angels, Christ and God belongs watching and guiding us.

Peace!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 36 123411 ... LastLast