Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default best place to study Computer Science here in Cebu

i'm an Education graduate with an ample background of CS/IT from my previous jobs and intense self-study. i'd like to take Computer Science and maybe a Master's degree. i just wanted to follow what i really want to do in life. so please help me in finding a good school.

my first choice for now is UP's open university distance learning mode. but maybe there are good schools here. what i meant by good is really competent teachers and intensive practical training that you can use in the real-world.

Default Re: best place to study Computer Science here in Cebu

usc-tc... ma challenge gyud ka ni mam peña

Quote Originally Posted by meangurl
    usc-tc... ma challenge gyud ka ni mam peña
    challenging doesn't mean her teaching is good. i've known CS students who underwent her classes and i know it's not really helpful at all.

i studied and worked at USC-TC before while i was still a student. i have worked with USC CS studs who only knew C, VB, Java, and Oracle. guess it's the only training they got. please correct me if i'm wrong. i hope the profs at USC has already upgraded their curriculum but I don't know. even the IT program is not good.

reactions are welcome...

pag self study nalang bai.. skwela lang para diploma.

are you looking for a best place or the best school?
    - best place to study is in your house
    - best school(in cebu) try UP?

btw onsa nga part sa compsi imong gusto? AI, Games, Systems, OS, etc..?.. onsa man jud?

Quote Originally Posted by silent-kill
    pag self study nalang bai.. skwela lang para diploma.

are you looking for a best place or the best school?
    - best place to study is in your house
    - best school(in cebu) try UP?

btw onsa nga part sa compsi imong gusto? AI, Games, Systems, OS, etc..?.. onsa man jud?
    that's the main reason i want to take up the course - to get a diploma. i've learned so many things already (particularly on the practical side - things that students don't learn in school). the problem is i can't get a good IT job with only that or even freelance jobs. another reason is i want to learn the theories (things that i didn't learn from self-studying like principles and stuff).

best place? you're right! it would be at my own place.
    best school? that's why i posted this discussion. i'd like to hear about feedback from IT people.

right now, i'm into web development (more on the backend side - PHP/MySQL, etc). but i'm wanting to learn cross-platform systems programming in the future. i'm learning Python right now on my own. i'm already bored with VB.

promote yourself if you want to be a freelancer... pagprinta og calling card hehehe nya spam spam spam. ^_____^ make websites for free for promotional purposes... then pangitag kaila nimo, be it a family friend, a relative, or your neighbor, or katong imong kaila sa uyab sa kaila sa imong uyab na bestfriend sa imong maguwang (uswa)... that has small-medium size business na wala pai website. anha naka makat-on sa mga principles and theories or logics about becoming a freelance.

or on the other side of reality, there's no other way to get a higher recognition than to be a "certified-know-how" addict. hehehe like CCNE (Certified CISCO Network Engineer) and all other certified stuff...

USc-TC the best an sila sa CompSci

CIT diay nindot man sab ang CompSci

UP or USC TC

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast