Page 1 of 29 123411 ... LastLast

Default TIPS sa pag pa Tubil sa Gas Station

These are some Gas Saving Tips I've read on Facebook, CebuBikers.com and Motorcyclephilippines.com, I don't know if this has been posted here already; If so, mods may delete this on sight.. Credit goes to the original poster.

FOR THE BENEFIT OF EVERYBODY, PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO POST YOUR OWN TIPS HERE.

TIP 1
    Source: The credit of this post still goes to snake_eye of CebuBikers.com

" I don't know what you guys are paying for gasoline.... but here in California we are also paying higher, up to $3.50 per gallon. But my line of work is in petroleum for about 31 years now, so here are some tricks to get more of your money's worth for every gallon..

Here at the Kinder Morgan Pipeline where I work in San Jose , CA we deliver about 4 million gallons in a 24-hour period thru the pipeline. One day is diesel the next day is jet fuel, and gasoline, regular and premium grades. We have 34-storage tanks here with a total capacity of 16,800,000 gallons.

Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening....your gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important role. A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3) stages: low, middle, and high. In slow mode you should be pumping low speed, thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some of the liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF FULL or HALF EMPTY. The reason for this is, the more gas you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation. Unlike service stations, here where I work, every truck that we load is temperature compensated so. That every gallon is actually the exact amount.

Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up--most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom.

Hope this helps.... "

###Quoted from snake_eye of CebuBikers.com

TIP 2
    Source: Another tip I've read from
    Gas-Saving Tips
    credit goes to FAST of MCP

ENGINE WARM UP
    • Avoid prolonged engine warm-up, even on cold mornings – 30 to 45 seconds is plenty of time as today’s modern motorcycles are designed to be ridden almost immediately.
    • Don’t start and stop the engine needlessly. Letting our engine idle for one minute consumes the gas amount equivalent to when you start the engine.
    • Avoid “revving” the engine, especially just before you switch the engine off; as this will only waste fuel needlessly.
    • Eliminate jack-rabbit starts. Accelerate slowly when starting from dead stop. Try to accelerate gently, brake gradually and avoid sudden stops when riding.

FILLING UP THE TANK
    • Buy gasoline during the coolest time of the day. Early morning or late evening is best. During these times gasoline is densest. Keep in mind – gas pumps measure volumes of gasoline, not densities of fuel concentration. You are charged according to “volume of measurement”.
    • Avoid filling your tank to its fullest. Overfilling will only result in fuel sloshing over and out of the tank.
    • It is best to purchase gas from a station that is busy. Gas that sits in tanks for long periods can get contaminated and can lower its effectiveness. Fresh gas is less likely to be contaminated ensuring you get the most power for your money.

THRIFTY DRIVING HABITS
    • Traveling at fast rate in low gears can actually consume up to 45% more fuel than is needed.
    • Manual transmission equipped motorcycles allow you to change to the highest gear as soon as possible, thereby letting you save gas if you “nurse it along”. But don’t let it “bog down” too much as this can lead to premature engine wear.
    • Drive steadily. Unnecessary slowing down or speeding up not only wastes fuel but also puts a strain on your drivetrain.
    • Use alternate roads that are safer, shorter, and straighter. Compare travelling distance difference – remember that stoplights, corners, and curves require extra gas.
    • And lastly, do you really need to drive that 4wheel vehicle? They are alright for weekend family trips, but driving it to work all alone is a waste. This is why I consider owning a more fuel efficient motorcycle for my everyday use.

Hope this helps. Ride safe
    ####​Quoted from FAST of Motorcyclephilippines.com

TIP 3
    Source:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Do not Pump Full Tank of Petrol.......

READ THE REASONS -- DO NOT DONATE FUEL
    Recently I came across a very useful tip. I was surprised to know it but had a doubt so I talked to one of the pump technicians and he too accepted it as a fact. I think apart from providing space for the gas generated inside the petrol tank this is yet another reason why we shouldn't fill the tank to the brim. Many of us are not aware that the petrol kiosk pump has a return pipe-line (in Pink). When the petrol tank (in the car) reaches full level, there is a mechanism to trigger off the pump latch and at the same time a return-valve is opened (at the top of the pump station) to allow excess petrol to flow back into the pump. But the return petrol has already pass through the meter, meaning you are donating the petrol back to the Oil Dealer.

Also only fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the petrol, when it gets warmer petrol expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening....your liter is not exactly a liter. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the petrol, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important role.

A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3) stages: low, middle, and high. You should be pumping on low mode, thereby minimizing the vapours that are created while you are pumping. All hoses at the pump have a vapour return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some of the liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapour. Those vapours are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your Petrol tank is HALF FULL. The reason for this is the more Petrol you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space. petrol evaporates faster than you can imagine. petrol storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the Petrol and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation. Unlike service stations, here where I work, every truck that we load is temperature compensated so that every litre is actually the exact amount.

Another reminder, if there is a petrol truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy Petrol, DO NOT fill up; most likely the petrol is being stirred up as the Petrol is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom.
    [/quote]

Last edited by ranaticsrule; 05-07-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Default Re: TIPS sa pag pa Tubil sa Gas Station

wow nice info thanks bro

nice info. tnx!

very nice information bro. unfortunately, dili man ta pwede mo-operate sa gasoline pump gud.
    Last edited by iamwaway; 06-15-2011 at 04:47 PM.

mura mao pud ni na-post ni j-spec sauna, limot ko..
    nice pud ni, refresher nako..

sukad nakamotor ko, mao jud ni buhaton nako, gabieng dako ko motubil or buntag sayo..
    Last edited by nwf; 06-15-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamwaway View Post
    very nice information bro. unfortunately, dili man ta pwede mo-operate sa gasoline pump gud.
    pwede ra man ingnon nimo bro nga hinay-hinay lang..

tnx for the info... gamit kaayo ni specially dri pinas kay init..

nice information bai..salamats

patubil ta buntag sayo ani

Daghang salamat sa info!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 29 123411 ... LastLast