Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: First Time in Cebu... Help, Badly Needed. Thnx.

sa queensland nlng or sa day inn.

TS, ola. haha. Backpacker tips? Aw. Ayos kaayo. Backpacker sad ko. Hmm. Accommodation lang ako ma suggest kay kapoy suggest itinerary kay daghan nindut na lugar sa Cebu. DI KA MAGMAHAY.

Aysha-Lily Backpacker's Lodge. Rate ranges from 300 to 600 per room per night. Located along General Maxilom Avenue aka Mango Avenue, very accessible sa
    1. Church - of course we need to pray sa church despite the facts that we can pray anywhere. Take 04C or 17C in order to get to Basilica Minore del Sto Nino, the oldest(?) church in the Philippines. And behind it is where Magellan's Cross is, the symbol of Christianity amongst the Filipinos. Cebu is rich of history so try to learn them in a day.
    2. Nightlife at Mango or IT Park- Mango is where all the people are while IT park is where the socialites (and social-likes) are. Pag pupunta kang IT Park, mag taxi ka nalang. OR take 17C across Aysha Lily. My friends and I usually take the jeepney. If Mango, take 04C or 17C or 03B from Aysha Lily. Hehe
    3. Get lost at COLON- Colon, the oldest street of the Philippines, is home to famous bargains and snatchers. So, don't bring any valuable just to be safe. Again, take 04C or 17C.
    4. eat at LARSIAN- Larsian aka Barbecuehan sa Fuente. Its home to the famous Cebuano Puso (hanging rice) and Barbecue. After eating, take a stroll along the Fuente Osmena Circle. Same jeepney.
    5. visit the mall. Ayala Mall or SM. From Aysha Lily, cross the street and take 12L jeepney. It will take you to Ayala. And if you wanna go to SM, take the 12L to ayala and ride 03Q or 04H or 06H going to SM. I suggest dun kayo sumakay sa The Terraces area kay maglinya paman if sa terminal mo musakay.
    5. Of course, the beaches of Mactan. If you can afford a day use sa any 5 star resort ng Mactan like Plantation Bay, Shangri-La, or Imperial Palace, please do so. I suggest Imperial Palace kay daghan lingaw. Shuttle bus is available sa SM and Ayala from time to time. Check lang schedule sa Turista Desk sa Ayala.

Since you guys are going to Bohol, wag nyo nang i-try ang Sky Experience Adventure sa Cebu. Mas maganda ang adventure dun sa Bohol. Go to Danao, Bohol. Hehe

And yea, highlights lang mga sinabi ko. Kumbaga, hindi kumpleto ang Cebu pag wala ka nyan.

Enjoy Cebu. Happy Yippy Yehey.

bohol nalang mo kay daghan ayo malaagan didto.

bohol pud gane, wala man mag ingon ang thread starter nga usa ra lugar ilang suroyan. ang destinations nila is Cebu and Bohol..

mao jud brad..way klaro.

thanks khentoii for the information, very much appreciated.

honestly, we really don't have any idea about the itinerary of our trip (a come what may trip?). here are the proposed destinations we want to visit:

Bohol: Chocolate Hills and Loboc River. ( is it possible if we schedule it on the first day? ETA Cebu is 12nn on sept10. Bohol to Cebu on sept11 in the afternoon)
    Cebu: Simala Church ( on the third day, sept12. can we visit there for half day?)
    Sto. Niņo Cathedral, Magellan Cross, Taoist Temple, and other places on the last day.
    ETD Cebu- Davao is 5pm on sept13.

thank you for accommodating our concerns...

Quote Originally Posted by khentoii View Post
    TS, ola. haha. Backpacker tips? Aw. Ayos kaayo. Backpacker sad ko. Hmm. Accommodation lang ako ma suggest kay kapoy suggest itinerary kay daghan nindut na lugar sa Cebu. DI KA MAGMAHAY.

Aysha-Lily Backpacker's Lodge. Rate ranges from 300 to 600 per room per night. Located along General Maxilom Avenue aka Mango Avenue, very accessible sa
    1. Church - of course we need to pray sa church despite the facts that we can pray anywhere. Take 04C or 17C in order to get to Basilica Minore del Sto Nino, the oldest(?) church in the Philippines. And behind it is where Magellan's Cross is, the symbol of Christianity amongst the Filipinos. Cebu is rich of history so try to learn them in a day.
    2. Nightlife at Mango or IT Park- Mango is where all the people are while IT park is where the socialites (and social-likes) are. Pag pupunta kang IT Park, mag taxi ka nalang. OR take 17C across Aysha Lily. My friends and I usually take the jeepney. If Mango, take 04C or 17C or 03B from Aysha Lily. Hehe
    3. Get lost at COLON- Colon, the oldest street of the Philippines, is home to famous bargains and snatchers. So, don't bring any valuable just to be safe. Again, take 04C or 17C.
    4. eat at LARSIAN- Larsian aka Barbecuehan sa Fuente. Its home to the famous Cebuano Puso (hanging rice) and Barbecue. After eating, take a stroll along the Fuente Osmena Circle. Same jeepney.
    5. visit the mall. Ayala Mall or SM. From Aysha Lily, cross the street and take 12L jeepney. It will take you to Ayala. And if you wanna go to SM, take the 12L to ayala and ride 03Q or 04H or 06H going to SM. I suggest dun kayo sumakay sa The Terraces area kay maglinya paman if sa terminal mo musakay.
    5. Of course, the beaches of Mactan. If you can afford a day use sa any 5 star resort ng Mactan like Plantation Bay, Shangri-La, or Imperial Palace, please do so. I suggest Imperial Palace kay daghan lingaw. Shuttle bus is available sa SM and Ayala from time to time. Check lang schedule sa Turista Desk sa Ayala.

Since you guys are going to Bohol, wag nyo nang i-try ang Sky Experience Adventure sa Cebu. Mas maganda ang adventure dun sa Bohol. Go to Danao, Bohol. Hehe

And yea, highlights lang mga sinabi ko. Kumbaga, hindi kumpleto ang Cebu pag wala ka nyan.

Enjoy Cebu. Happy Yippy Yehey.

--- thanks. we will take note of these. very informative.

I suggest upon reaching Cebu by 12 noon, diretso na kayo sa Aysha Lily. Its either you take the white taxi (it will cost around 150 pesos max of 200 pesos), yellow taxi (300 pesos), rent-a-car (500 pesos), or yellow jeepney (7.50 pesos) from airport to the Main Road then ride any multicab with the signboard HIGHWAY (7.50 pesos) upon reaching Highway Mandaue, ride jeepney going to Ayala Mall (21B or 20 for 9.00 pesos), and from Ayala Mall, ride... ugh, there is no direct trip diay from Ayala to Aysha Lily. haha. Better take the white taxi. Lol At sabihin mo Aysha Lily Guesthouse, General Maxilom Avenue aka Mango Avenue, across the LightHouse restaurant. Btw, Aysha Lily Guesthouse is featured on one of the backpacking travel books, so reliable talaga.

Sept 10- Arrival to Cebu. If nasa Aysha Lily na kayo, try to explore the areas. Yung last kong post, yun, you can do from 2PM til midnight including nightlife. Lol. Sleep at Aysha Lily.

Sept 11- Travel to Simala church. Simala is quite far. So, baka kukulangin ang half day. Dpende na yan sa inyo. From Aysha Lily, take 04C or 17C or 03B and ask if it will pass by South Bus Terminal. At south bus terminal, may mga bus na dun. Ask lang kayo. I suggest Ceres Buses though. Pero oks lang kahit ano. Travel kayo early morning para maka half day kayo and go back sa city and explore again. Sleep at Aysha Lily

Sept 12- Early morning, check out sa Aysha Lily if you are planing to stay overnight sa Bohol. Pero you can tour bohol one day lang IF wala kayong plans on trying their adventure which is a must do. If one day lang sa Bohol, wag nang mag check out. Take the first trip to Bohol via Oceanjet or Supercat. Aysha Lily will help you book tickets para wala nang hassle (OR THEY'LL HELP YOU SAAN BIBILI) Sa bohol, kayo na bahala dun. Depende na yan sa inyo.

Sept 13- Shopping sa mall (I've been to Davao and no offense, mas maganda talaga ang mall sa Cebu). So, you might wanna have some nice goodies na meron sa Cebu na wala sa Davao like the ever sikat I <3 CEBU shirt na nasa Island Souvenirs section, 2nd level, Ayala Center Cebu. Also, you can take the free shuttle buses to high-end hotel/resorts like the Maribago Bluewaters, Shangrila, Crimson, Imperial Palace, waterfront. From there, go to airport na.

Kung mabagal kayo, dont go to the resorts na. Kung nag enervon pa at malalakas ang tuhod at ready na ready tumakbo para makahabol sa flight, I suggest everything. Haha. Yan kasi ginagawa ko nung nag backpacking ako sa HongKong. Almost missed my Cebu-HK flight via Cathay Pacific. Haha.

Enjoy! Ask lang.

@ khentoii:
    Sept 12- Early morning, check out sa Aysha Lily if you are planing to stay overnight sa Bohol. Pero you can tour bohol one day lang IF wala kayong plans on trying their adventure which is a must do. If one day lang sa Bohol, wag nang mag check out. Take the first trip to Bohol via Oceanjet or Supercat. Aysha Lily will help you book tickets para wala nang hassle (OR THEY'LL HELP YOU SAAN BIBILI) Sa bohol, kayo na bahala dun. Depende na yan sa inyo.

--> thanks again khentoii. Parang na intriga na kami sa Bohol Adventure, we might try that one. What kind of adventure pala ung meron sila? How to reach there too... thanks again.

OT: are you a member of a mountaineering club in cebu??

Hindi ako member ng mountaineering club. haha. Gusto ko, pero parang di ako updated sa club if ever magpapa memebr ako.

Adventure nila ay yung The Plunge, Zipline, Extreme Caving (as in you need to submerge yourself sa water para matapos mo ang caving), Rapelling, Rock Climbing, marami pa. From city proper, it will take you 4 hours to reach the place.

Btw, may airplane nga pala serving Cebu - Bohol - Cebu. MidseaExpress. You might wanna try it out. Prang1k per person per way.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast