Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Macaron Tango Cafè

Finally, the long awaited day for me to try a french macaron has come. We went to this hidden French paradise in Osmena Boulevard to check the place out. It was rather hidden, well hidden in fact. You would never believe this place is next to a Chicken Inato and beyond a salon.

I got a bit excited cause I really wanted to have blueberry cheesecake. I have this nagging feeling that I will probably find my ultimate cheesecake yet. YES, I was excited for some macarons too!

OMG! Look at the pantry?! REALLY?! There was quiche, canelé, crème brûlée, chocolate mousse and yes blueberry cheesecake and yes a huge variety of macarons! Too many to choose from, we were told to get the lemon macaron and guess what? DARK CHOCOLATE!

We did not have to wait that much, they right away served the goodies.

Dark Chocolate Macarons! YUM YUM YUM! - Php40

Lemon Macaron, surprisingly YUM! - Php40

Blueberry Cheesecake Php85.
    Let us not forget this little devil. I took a small piece and boy oh boy! It was bursting blueberry goodness. The cream cheese playing on your mouth as it melts, tasted sweet and sour. The crust was not to crumby and not to mushy either. I love loved it!

I was even surprised to see the bill, it wasn't that expensive. I tried pastries from other coffeeshops and by far this one was the cheapest. I wanted to get the coffee-based cold drink but luckily they had none! I am not really a fan of coffee so I got a tall bottled water instead. They do not only serve pastries, they have meals too. Did I mention Pizza? Yes! They also have this lunch meal at around Php200 which includes either a rice meal, a dessert and a cold beverage. Now ain't that sweet? I think so too.

The interiors are on the minimalist side. The counter is designed as an open space that way you can see how things are prepared. This piece of heaven is owned by a French Chef who wakes up early to buy ingredients from the nearest market and bakes the goodies himself. The owner visits the shop every now and then and i just smiled when he looked at us. The only word that I can pronounce well in French was merde. So I just smiled back at him. I will definitely come back!

Macaron Tango Café, located at # 5, Centero Arcade, Osmena Blvd., in Capitol, Cebu City. For inquiries, call them at (032) 412-5151.

Taken from my personal blog - FTW! Food, Travel and Whatevs: Macaron Tango Cafè

sounds interesting bro

Nag laway kos macarons.

Nangaon mi diri gabii sa akong amiga. I tried their blueberry and choco mint macarons, then gipa-taste pud ko sa akong amiga sa pistachio variant. Ganahan ko sa taste. Maybe hinam-is lang gyud ko, but I did not find the macarons too sweet. Just right ra gyud. Ni-order pud ko sa ilang café latte. That one didn’t sit well with me. Coffee drinker man gyud ko, and I like my coffee strong, but naay something sa café latte nila nga dili nako feel. Gi-luod gud ko, which is a first for someone who drinks coffee like its water. Anyway, nag-laway mi sa ako’ng miga sa pizza, so we ordered one. I forgot the name. Tag 250Php ang pizza. Sakto ra ang size, it’s very sulit for its price. Thin ang crust. Generous ang ingredients. Very worth it.

And yes, nakurat pud mi sa VAT at the end.

nkakaon pud ku dha one time with my gurlalu, we tried the pasta - iya ky katong white sauce, ako ky red ky hilih kog tomato-based dishes hehe

lami pud oi pero xa wa kaayo nganahan ky dli daw "saucy", medjo uga para niya.. explain lng ko nya na ana man jud na ang luto sa lain lugar hehe. preho man guro ta tanan na nakuratan sa vat na wa diay sa menu unlike what we normally get when eating out hehe

Gusto ko mo tilaw dire. Unsai ika recommend ninyo?

wow! im checking this out later!

been here with my gf last saturday and it was such a delight!
    grilled pork chop belly - LAMI!!
    blueberry cheesecake - LAMI!!(i'm really not into cheesecakes but after having a bite next thing i know i was finishing the slice)
    macaroons - LAMI!!

highly recommended!!lami pd og nawng ang ila mga pizzas did2 and that's what we're gonna try next time we go there

Quote Originally Posted by mio View Post
    Gusto ko mo tilaw dire. Unsai ika recommend ninyo?
    Try the Lemon and Dark Chocolate macarons. Also my fave Blueberry Cheesecake!

Blog Entries

love their coffee macarons
    "People who love to eat are always the BEST people."
    Julia Child

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast