Page 433 of 439 FirstFirst ... 423430431432433434435436 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 4381

Default Re: MERGED: ALL ABOUT PHILIPPINE CITY, LUZON VISAYAS AND MINDANAO

DAVAO still da best!

Default Re: Mindanao's Top City

in my opinion lng ha, may medyo natuyok na man nako whole mindanao (and luzon, visayas nlng kulang kay cebu & bohol ra ko taman)

1. davao city
    2. cagayan de oro city
    3. general santos city
    4. zamboanga city
    5. iligan city

Quote Originally Posted by taga_ipil
    suroy unya bro then i-compare...
    sa airport palang tang-tang na imo spartan nga sinelas kay i-apil ug scan..
    katung pag-byahe naku padung/pabalik ang ako sandugo nga sandal g-apil ug scan... hehehe

*peace

Go Cebu!

ingon ana diay did2? drawing-an lang ni nako ako tiil ug tsinelas para wa na hassle. peru basin accessible ng davao sa mga muslim extremist. ma biyahe ra man gud nila. in the future basin cla mo guba kon ma nindot ng davao. dili kaha?

Quote Originally Posted by dong roel
    ingon ana diay did2? drawing-an lang ni nako ako tiil ug tsinelas para wa na hassle. peru basin accessible ng davao sa mga muslim extremist. ma biyahe ra man gud nila. in the future basin cla mo guba kon ma nindot ng davao. dili kaha?
    and heres another thing I noticed, when I was there.

remember Cebu long before? they are using a KIA taxi?

tan-awa aha na ang mga KIA taxi karun nabutang...

Quote Originally Posted by DebutsAndIDo's
    I like the convenience of Cebu. Within 15 to 30 minutes, i can go to a mall, school, downtown, hospital, beach, airport. So i can get a lot done within one day.

There are some things I have to say about Cebu, though.

a. Many people in Cebu have no concept of personal space. They tap you on the shoulder when they want you to pass their fare to the jeepney driver. In Manila, you say, "Paki-abot" or something like that. You do not tap someone on the shoulder. I think it's just a cultural difference but I still dont like it.

b. Cebu still has a lot of growth to do in the area of arts and culture. When I came over to Cebu from Manila over a decade ago, I missed the opportunity I had to go to the British Library, the Luneta Park, Ripley's Believe or Not, Science Centrum, Star City, Enchanted Kingdom, theatre, and the National Museum. And, yes, Cebu has a lot of bars and malls now. But, still not many museums, big parks, libraries, theatres. And before anyone says anything, yes I have been to the USC museum and library, and the public library; not the same! We should come up with our version of the CCP.

c. Cebuanos are so defensive/ aggressive when talking to people from Manila. It's like you can't say anything nice about Manila because if you do, you're 'hambogiro'. And you can't say anything negative about Cebu or they will raise up in hackles and scream for your blood. My Cebuano friends went to Manila and they had this mentality where everyone in Manila was trying to take advantage of them "just because they were from Cebu".

Hahaha... I am now going to run and hide somewhere because Im sure Cebuanos will be out screaming for my blood, for having said something negative about Cebu...

peace!

I think C applies to Manileños also...

Cebu still a growing city.. wait and see nalang ta bro after years...
    kay daghan na kaayong mga infrastructure nga natukod ug g-plano specially sa south and north area.
    from 2006-2007 daghan na kaayong building natukog diri sa cebu, how much more when we reach 2010.
    and you cannot see this kind of big development in a major cities like Cebu.

kanang imog g-ingon sa B... I have no doubt nga magka-in-ana sab ang Cebu... :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by taga_ipil

kanang imog g-ingon sa B... I have no doubt nga magka-in-ana sab ang Cebu... :mrgreen:
    That would be nice! Gi-adopt naman pud nako ang Cebu and Im looking forward to being a part of its growth.

mao ni ang davao

livable?

how are we to gauge the city's livability?

METHODOLOGY

fDi’s Locations of the Future competition covers each region once every two years. The next Asian Cities of the Future rankings will be published in 2009.

During the spring and summer of 2007, fDi magazine invited key cities across Asia to answer more than 60 questions in the seven broad categories listed below. fDi’s judges scored each of the 38 cities that responded according the criteria listed (below).

Cities scored up to 10 points for each criterion. The winners in each category are the cities that scored the most points in that category and the overall winner is the city that scored the most points across all seven categories.

Cities were scored by members of fDi’s editorial team and by independent guest judges.

Quality of life

• Best housing areas
    • Average residential property purchase price
    • Average residential rental costs
    • Public health care facilities
    • Private health care facilities
    • Leading schools
    • Leading international schools
    • Cultural heritage
    • Environmental heritage
    • Incidents of crime per 1000 people
    • Number of soldiers and police personnel (% of general population)
    • Number of foreigners becoming residents in past two years

and the result?

BEST QUALITY OF LIFE

1, Melbourne, Australia
    2, Hong Kong, China
    3, Singapore, Singapore
    4, Tokyo, Japan
    5, Macau, China
    6, Taipei City, Taiwan (Republic of China)
    7, Cebu City, Philippines
    8, Sakai, Japan
    9, Hiroshima, Japan
    10, Quezon City, Philippines

davao can nowhere be found in the "best quality of life" category, so stop hyping about the age old asiaweek survey done almost a decade ago, this is the 2007 survey.

Quote Originally Posted by xanor
    mao ni ang davao

livable?
    ayaw pud pag ana pre kay ang cebu baya pud o pwerte. ayaw na iapil ng mga hugaw para ok ang away LOL.

Mao na senyor xanor, manglabay kag lapok, siguraduhi wa'y lapok sa inyo.

11.    Advertisement