Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I have relatives in Adelaide and would be migrating there soon. My grandmother has lived there for 13 years and is receiving DSP (naka-wheelchair karon).

No big for this one. Pensions are for the elderly or disabled. If you're receiving DSP then why are you still helping your dependents if you're already old and disabled? Shouldn't they be working or something and not slacking off? DSPs are for disabled people, not for people DEPENDING on you.

Even if my grandmother is receiving DSP, we have never and will never ask or accept any amount from my grandmother. Because its theirs. If nagdawat pa mi, we would still work.

But like what someone said here, its their government. Only the voters deserve to complain. Dependents of those voters can stay away.

i think you people are missing the point here.

I am on an Australian DSP pension. I stay in the Philippines because the australian govt said I could. I have a wife here. We have adopted 2 kids, (one 11yr old rescued from a sexually abussive relative & an 13yr old who was being beaten by his father and was basically living on the streets).
    I also support my wife and our son (who is now 3).

3 years ago I asked the australian govt if it was ok to get married and have kids in the Philippines, they said it was ok.

now they want to split our family up. this WILL destroy us if these changes are introduced.

this post has nothing to do with Filipinos on DSP, just us Aussies and how the changes will affect our families and those under our care.

Im just bringing it to other australians attention as the aussie govt is keeping it quiet and not letting people know about the changes.

And by the way, I didnt ask to be put on a pension. I worked real hard for all my life in australia paying tax. my last job was running a large beef cattle property by myself. I worked hard for 12-14hrs a day and on sunday I had to do herd records, book keeping and machinery maintenance.

I didnt ask for this.
    Im just worried about how these changes will affect my and so many other families here.

Quote Originally Posted by bearish View Post
    why do we mind how australian government govern their people and their money? We should mind how our government govern us, not australia.

how about our DSP? do we have and how effective?

you may not have an effective DSP system but look at all the foreign aid the philippines recieve.

just yesterday I helped in a medical mission in Tubigon, Bohol.
    close to 1500 people were helped through a medical, surgical and dental program. All from foreign aid.
    the day before another 1000 people were treated at a similar mission in Cahayag. all from foreign aid.

Quote Originally Posted by personalmgt View Post
    I have relatives in Adelaide and would be migrating there soon. My grandmother has lived there for 13 years and is receiving DSP (naka-wheelchair karon).

No big for this one. Pensions are for the elderly or disabled. If you're receiving DSP then why are you still helping your dependents if you're already old and disabled? Shouldn't they be working or something and not slacking off? DSPs are for disabled people, not for people DEPENDING on you.

Even if my grandmother is receiving DSP, we have never and will never ask or accept any amount from my grandmother. Because its theirs. If nagdawat pa mi, we would still work.

But like what someone said here, its their government. Only the voters deserve to complain. Dependents of those voters can stay away.
    sorry you missed the missed point:
    Im not a filipino here slacking off someone on DSP in Australia.
    Im an australian husband living and supporting my family here. Our only income is from my pension. without it my family will not be supported at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    you may not have an effective DSP system but look at all the foreign aid the philippines recieve.

just yesterday I helped in a medical mission in Tubigon, Bohol.
    close to 1500 people were helped through a medical, surgical and dental program. All from foreign aid.
    the day before another 1000 people were treated at a similar mission in Cahayag. all from foreign aid.
    you mean you spend your pension by helping in medical mission? and that you mean a foriegn aid? I really missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    sorry you missed the missed point:
    Im not a filipino here slacking off someone on DSP in Australia.
    Im an australian husband living and supporting my family here. Our only income is from my pension. without it my family will not be supported at all.
    dapat dili mag salig
    give a man a fish and he will live for a day
    teach a man how to fish and he will live for the rest of his life

Quote Originally Posted by masakiton View Post
    dapat dili mag salig
    give a man a fish and he will live for a day
    teach a man how to fish and he will live for the rest of his life
    matud pa sa TS 'my pension" asa man diay siya magsalig? sa pesion sa lain tao?

and besides humana man niya na nabuhat imong gi quote2x,.

@ghostrider,

I respect your situation but wouldn't it be more easier for your family to move in Australia?
    This ruling will not break fil-australian families in the country. Instead, it may be only isolated to you or a few.

I'll help you UP this thread Sir, I have an Aunt living in Sydney. She help us before on our education.
    & still helps some of our relatives until now. I've signed the petition.

Quote Originally Posted by necrotic freak View Post
    matud pa sa TS 'my pension" asa man diay siya magsalig? sa pesion sa lain tao?

and besides humana man niya na nabuhat imong gi quote2x,.
    family

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast