Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Scientists have finally discovered what is wrong with the female brain:On the left side there is nothing right and on the right side there is nothing left.

i would agree nga smarter ang scientists before than the present.. imagine, unsa pa man ila technology nila sa una wui. ang ato mga scientists karon naa na all-kinds of stuff to play with..

people now-adays have access to more information..

on the downside.. people now are lazier compared to before.. due to technology

mas intelligent ang mga old geniuses, coz sa ilang time dili pa kaayo advance ang technology mas lisod ilang study og research compare karon ang mga present geniuses naa na silay idea daan kay daghan na kaayog mga references

agree sad ko ani. naa naman gud daan foundation of ideas mao dli na cguro kau mahasol ang mga genuises karon

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    Einstein get something out of nothing,
    and now our generation gets something from Einsteins,
    Einstein is still the smarter.IMO

I found that this generation now is more like lazy... mostly karon kay sigi nalang upgrade sa unsa man ang existing nga na invent sa mga inventor karon..

the days of Einstein was really the best gihpn para nako

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirong-say View Post
    Einstein get something out of nothing,
    That statement is absolutely incorrect. Haven't you heard of the expression "Standing on the Shoulders of Giants" ?

Standing on the shoulders of giants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dwarfs standing on the shoulders of giants (Latin: nanos gigantium humeris insidentes) is a Western metaphor meaning "One who develops future intellectual pursuits by understanding the research and works created by notable thinkers of the past"; a contemporary interpretation. However, the metaphor was first recorded in the twelfth century and attributed to Bernard of Chartres. It was famously uttered by seventeenth-century scientist Isaac Newton (see below). The picture is derived from the Greek mythology where the blind giant Orion carried his servant Cedalion on his shoulders.

This is the simplest way to trace it:

1.We remember Einstein's mainly on his groundbreaking work on the Theory of Relativity

2. The Theory of Relativity wouldn't have been possible if Einstein wasn't interested with Newton's work on Gravitational Theory

3. Newton wouldn't have been interested in gravitation if he wasn't interested in Kepler's ideas on planetary motion

4. Kepler wouldn't have been interested in planetary motion if he wasn't interested in Tycho Brahe's work

5. Tycho Brahe.... and so on and so on and so on...

So from now on, whenever you THINK about the "passing on" of knowledge, always remember Newton's letter to Robert Hooke...

If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

-RODION
    Last edited by rodsky; 01-10-2011 at 02:55 AM.

if you think our generation is smarter than einstein, then why is the world such a sucky place?

intelligence is declining.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hexo View Post
    if you think our generation is smarter than einstein, then why is the world such a sucky place?
    You are committing fallacy of the single cause.

Fallacy of the single cause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fallacy of the single cause, also known as joint effect or causal oversimplification, is a logical fallacy of causation that occurs when it is assumed that there is a single, simple cause of an outcome when in reality it may have been caused by a number of only jointly sufficient causes.

Basically, by your statement, you're suggesting that right now, at this very moment, the world is full of dumb people (i.e. people during Einstein's time are smarter), and it's because of these dumb people, the world "sucks".

-RODION

I think it's completely asinine to compare different generations of thinkers and scientists. Each generation's ideas always take from those of the past. This applies both to technology and scientific theory. No one wakes up and says, "I have the cure to cancer!" just like that. No, new ideas always take bits and pieces from already established concepts and facts. That's just the way things work.

ang old generation jud...

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast