Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default wheres the best place to listen to blues?

Bro steelwater, wer r u? Daghang interesado... :baaa: :2thumbs: :inlove:

I have a few Blues Cds that I can burn copies of, including one that will allow all of you aspiring blues guitarists to practice your licks to. It's like a "Minus One" karaoke CD, but on this the the "lead guitar" part is also missing. It's like having a backup band to rehearse with.

blues - it reminds me of the movie "CrossRoads"

hey, there's a great blues singer that u can catch at kahayag.. although he doesn't play strictly blues, his voice fits that of a blues artist to a "T"... His name's Grae, he's a lawyer by profession but he hangs out at kahayag on the weekends, or at least 3 nights a week to join the nightly "open jam"... The guy used to be based in davao and he's pretty well-known over there..

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Russo
    I have a few Blues Cds that I can burn copies of, including one that will allow all of you aspiring blues guitarists to practice your licks to. It's like a "Minus One" karaoke CD, but on this the the "lead guitar" part is also missing. It's like having a backup band to rehearse with.
    @Vince Russo: Pa-burn nya ko ana bro!!!

@steelwater: Just tell us when and where will the "tipon-tipon" be. Bisag informal ra gud, over a bottle of "fine wine." Ang importante, maka-meet ta aron mag-ilhanay ug makaplano sa mga future activities.

Default Re: wheres the best place to listen to blues?

Quote Originally Posted by devnull
    Quote Originally Posted by steelwater
    calling all blues singers, players, enthusiasts, appreciators ug uban pa.

organize tag blues 'tipon-tipon' to listen to and appreciate blues music
    bai, there's a show on nu hosted by someone called capt. eddie where they
    play blues for like an hour or so. it's a weekly show but i forgot the
    schedule.

if you ever find a place where this sort of music is played, pls post it here.
    Tuesday Nights NU107. Mga around 9pm. They were playing a lot of Texas blues (SRV-sounding blues) last time I tuned in.

Hope some band some day will be able to play the blues with a truly Cebuano soul... Just like how Jr.K was able to do this for reggae (which came from the blues as well...)

If you have some cash, or relatives abroad, you might want to get a copy of these:
    Martin Scorcese Presents the Blues
    Blues Masters - The Essential History of the Blues (DVD)

Scorcese won a grammy last year or two years ago for his docu...

nya pahulam dayon... hehe

Quote Originally Posted by serpentboy

Lastly, anybody knows where i can purchase Hohners or Lee Okars here in Cebu? Thanks in advance mga bro.

"All i got is a red guitar, three chords, and the truth..."
    I bought my Hohner in Salonga or RJ in SM around 6 years ago for 800 pesos. My friend then gave me a book entitled "Harmonica for the Musically Hopeless". The book still summarizes my musical abilities... haha...

But I have two guitarist friends who also dig the blues... One is a naval architect and the other is the guitars of a really popular band. I'll tell them about this thread... Back in high-school, we also had your sentiments of being alone amidst the crowds who just didin't know what they were missing... My friends would be happy in knowing that there is hope in the world...

Bro, akua nalang imong harmonica hehehe... (half joke)

Wa nay gabaligya dinhi ug orig nga harp, puros na made in china.

Bitaw, unta madayon ning "blues revival movement". We need to get together coz we share the same appreciation for this type of music. Unta ma-organize ni, ASAP.

Bro steelwater, lead us.

thanks for the positive feedback guys, i realy dont go out much during weekends (and hang out at bars, so i have no idea about the blues bars and bands and gigs here in cebu) but i jam most of the time with my friend in my boarding house, (mostly just me and him with two guitars and thats it) and play blues and improvise like hell till were satisfied hehehe...i bought last weekend in colon, an SRV live dvd, you should all get it (80pesos only, mahang-yo pa) hehehe there's also the tribute to SRV there and Albert King, i ran out of money so i'll be going back to get them (bwhahahahaha)

as for the Blues tipon-tipon, lets make this the official "tipon-tipon" thread, since we all might not have the time to meet up "physically" to discuss...
    anybody has suggestions as to 'where' to make this event happen? the "blues revival movement" by serpentboy is a good title

if this gig pushes through i know we'll all be bringing our own instruments, i have a very old electric guitar which may not sound as good as all of your instruments but i can play blues.

is there anybody here who can use the "slide" (is that what its called?) pretty well?

Bro steelwater, PM'd you.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast