Default planning to do laundry business

hello istoryans...im planning to put up a home-based laundry services..but wonder ko if kinahanglan paba mgkuha ug permits kai naa raman sa house?then asa ta kapalit ug barato nga washer, etc.....dako ba ag bill sa water ug electric (washing machine with dryer)..unsa inyo ma suggest...thanks...

Sis, this is not to discourage you but i think dapat jud nindot imo location if you want to put up a laundry business kay daghan na kaau laundry shops karon. For example, sa banilad to talamban area, naay at least 5 ka launddry shops akong nakit-an didto. Naay duha na nag-atbang ra. Same ang scene sa lahug area, 4-5 shops from Salinas Drive all the way to the UP Lahug. In other words, grabe ang competition, mura pud ug water refilling station.

But on the other hand, it means na naa jud market for this type of service kay sukol gud ang mga businessmen even if mag atbang ang mga shops. Anyways good luck sis.

if you want to have a laundry business, of course mokuha jud ka og business permit... what if i am a customer and then mangayu ko nimo og resibo??

if you want to have a laundry shop, mas maayu tapad ka og mga schools or sa business establishments, especially tapad ka mga hotels... i say sa hotels coz i kung adto sila palaba sulod sa hotel mas mahal, unya by pieces pa jud ang price... mas mahal pa na sa per kilo...

ex. 1 machine, a detergent which can take 20kg of laundry..
    dont include na d salary and rental sa space
    pila kaha smallest capital ani?

unsay best machine for laundry business nga cheap but very reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewm View Post
    Sis, this is not to discourage you but i think dapat jud nindot imo location if you want to put up a laundry business kay daghan na kaau laundry shops karon. For example, sa banilad to talamban area, naay at least 5 ka launddry shops akong nakit-an didto. Naay duha na nag-atbang ra. Same ang scene sa lahug area, 4-5 shops from Salinas Drive all the way to the UP Lahug. In other words, grabe ang competition, mura pud ug water refilling station.

But on the other hand, it means na naa jud market for this type of service kay sukol gud ang mga businessmen even if mag atbang ang mga shops. Anyways good luck sis.
    I agree location is very important. So if naa competition you need to do some extra stuff that your competition doesn't have.

1. Cheaper
    2. Faster
    3. Easier (process / less hassle)
    3. Excellent Customer Service
    4. Quality Results

I have a product I would like you to try for your business. Very effective for dirt, odor, and eliminates fluorescent agents.

Good luck with your Business Venture!

Starting a home-based laundry service can be a lucrative venture, but it's crucial to navigate various aspects before launching your business. First and foremost, check with your local government to determine if any permits or licenses are required. Regulations can vary by location, so it's essential to comply with the necessary legalities. To keep initial costs manageable, consider purchasing a basic washer and dryer. You can find budget-friendly options at appliance stores or consider buying second-hand appliances in good condition. The size of the equipment should align with the scale of your operation, which can range from small-scale to more extensive services.

Running a home-based laundry service will inevitably lead to increased water and electric bills. Budget for this added expense and explore energy-efficient appliances to help reduce long-term utility costs. Developing a comprehensive business plan is crucial, outlining your services, pricing, target market, and marketing strategy. This plan provides a roadmap for your business and helps you clarify your goals. Conduct market research to understand local competition and customer demand, which will inform your pricing structure. Effective marketing and promotion, including social media, local advertising, and word-of-mouth, will be essential for attracting customers.

Consider offering pickup and delivery options to increase convenience and broaden your customer base. Additionally, explore insurance options, such as liability coverage, to protect your business and assets. Deliver outstanding customer service to build a loyal customer base, which may involve prompt communication and reliable service. Keep thorough records of expenses, income, and customer interactions to aid with tax management and financial planning. As your business grows, anticipate the need for additional equipment and potential hires to manage increasing demand. Start small, be patient, and focus on providing quality service to establish a strong reputation within your community.

7.    Advertisement