Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default saleability of used DSLRs... photography for the elite?

i just observed that there are a lot of photography enthusiasts here in cebu. some are also about to explore the wonders of photography. as a hobbyist like myself, the money i spent buying photography gear is somehow an investment for my part since prices of camera bodies, lenses and flashes dont depreciate that much compared to cellphones. pero naa lang jud koy na obserbahan lately labi na sa for sale section dri sa istorya...

...ang saleability sa used DSLRs kay dili na kaayo ka ing ana nga demand.

compared sauna murg dali2 ra mahalin ang DSLRs. ipost lang nya within the month or even weeks, halin man dayun. makita jud sa mga threads ai pila na ka buwan na standby my DSLRs gipangbaligya pero wa may mukagat. nya mostly raba sa mga hobbyists hilig kaayo ilis2 ug bodies ba. the term upgrade is widely used. lenses nuon murg dali2 jud mahalin pero ang bodies, nihit jud.

photography is not for everyone and the steep prices of gear adds more weight to this reason. i bought my canon 40d 2nd hand for 20k. swerte2 jud to pagkapalita. less than 5k actuations pa. i cant afford to buy bnew DSLRs or lenses for that matter because of the prices. before i buy 2nd hand items, i scrutinize everything until all reasons suits up my taste. others may say that if money is not an issue, by all means go for bnew. would you all agree that photography is for the elite? for me, money is an issue especially to a hobbyist like me. i dont consider myself as elite since i save money to buy 2nd hand gear circulating around the photography forums. and the term "saving" could take me months and even years. but for others murg yano ra kaayo ang 40 to 50k straight cash just for the hobby. exclude na lang nato ang mga professionals kay they do photography as a living.

your insights are welcome and greatly appreciated. thanks.

photography is never a cheap hobby but if imo i-compare ang prices sa camera bodies before, today is way cheaper

these days, because of the low cost of point and shoot digital cameras, and the affordability of DSLRs, i don't think photography is for the elite anymore. i think it has come to a point where everyone who is in the upper and lower middle class income group can afford to set aside a bit of their hard earned cash for a camera. the way i differentiate the elite from the casual is how much time and money they invest on their equipment. but for me, i think photography is not only for the elite anymore.

elite or not, photography is an expensive hobby. you never stop trying to get better pictures and therefore the quest for better equipment never truly ends. this is where it gets to the point of wanting to be among the elite.

Quote Originally Posted by camerauser View Post
    elite or not, photography is an expensive hobby. you never stop trying to get better pictures and therefore the quest for better equipment never truly ends. this is where it gets to the point of wanting to be among the elite.
    *Like* (murag facebook)

huwat nalng ko ma 30k ang bnew na D7000.. or ang D700 ma 60K.. hahahah!

Quote Originally Posted by camerauser View Post
    ...you never stop trying to get better pictures and therefore the quest for better equipment never truly ends...
    I think the problem stems from people thinking that they
    can get "better" pictures through "better" equipment

Quote Originally Posted by abortretryfail View Post
    +1 on this!

"it's not in the PANA, it's the Indian" as they always say! and it's true! =)

agree ko ani. it's in the eye of the photographer...

this is true, i replied many times on the other thread nga never under-estimate what you have right now it's your skills and creativity will give you a better output not the camera.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast