Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Sir we would like cebuntu to consider as owned by the cebu ubuntu users community, para naa pud ta atong website.

nag talk mi ni turboman regarding this..

the LUG will support this group 100% pure panatag.. hehehe

I agree with everyone.. we need to focus on one distro.. which naa gyud potential as we have discussed via PM ni turboman...

stjohnmedrano keep it up.. we are looking forward to this..

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy0911 View Post
    nag talk mi ni turboman regarding this..

the LUG will support this group 100% pure panatag.. hehehe

I agree with everyone.. we need to focus on one distro.. which naa gyud potential as we have discussed via PM ni turboman...

stjohnmedrano keep it up.. we are looking forward to this..
    Thank you sir, the Cebuntu community will be expecting your ideas and experiences in Ubuntu distro.

I just updated the cegnulug mailing list..

still waiting for positive response..

guys di man siguro kinahanglan og weekly meeting ok man siguro kung once a month pero nindot prepared ta sa meeting like presentations, foods, venue and etc... sabutan lang sa kung unsa buhaton and for the meantime magtesting ko himo og irc channel para ani cebuntu para adto ta storya didto kay kung ari mahurot webspace sa istorya. or kung kinsa makauna og himo nga kamao please do so...

Here is one of my plans.. encouraging schools/ institutions to generate linux club in school.. joining the club is an option.. this will not only cater and not just for IT students but to all students even instructors can join the linux club.. They will be school chapters of cegnulug..
    we have already encourage.. donbosco tc to create a club.. and they are welcoming with wide open arms..

what the institution needs are as follows:
    1.The main community which is the Cegnulug will provide the bylaws and the institution my follow or may enhance which the institution are suite in..
    2.They want to know the whole background of cegnulug group and cebuntu group..
    2.1 the groups should have it's own overview like cegnulug will track down and making sure linux club of every school are active..
    2.2 the groups should have at least time to time visit to linux club of every school and might as well give seminars ( ehem.. free?)
    3. both groups should have a seminar on the linux clubs for introductory and more like ignition of the clubs.. it's more like making them feel wow...

what is the play of cebuntu here..

as fresh linux student or newbies.. we will introduce only one distro... Ubuntu of course..

what is the role of Cegnulug

Most of the members wants to go beyond linux.. like programing which the cegnulug are very much knowledgeable.. I am not saying cebuntu is not good in programming...

the cegnulug/cebuntu will have a seminar hopefully by next week.. or we might probably having 2 weeks from now for you to prepare..

cegnunlugs part on the seminar is the whole background of GNU/linux, freeBSD, Open source, and others.... They will show how to use command lines and sample programs and other stuff

Cebuntus part on the seminar is talke purely ubuntu... you may introduce them what's behind ubuntu.. why we should use ubuntu, what's the history background of ubuntu, what are the benefits why use ubuntu.. and what support can you give to the institution..also you may show small sample programs and commad lines using ubuntu..

the LUG - cebu which is now called cegnulug

will change the meetup schedule from every saturday to 1 a month.. it will be every last saturday of the month.. we did discuss this on our yesterdays meeting..

I hope cegnulug and the cebuntu will join forces in meetups...

I know the practices of both groups are different but we have common goal.. promoting linux..

I know this will be a rough ride but we need to work out as a team..

cheers
    Last edited by waterboy0911; 08-15-2010 at 06:29 AM.

ganahan ko ani da, bag.o lang ko ni migrate to ubuntu. ^__^ follow lang ko ninyo para ma guide-an ko.

As of now Cebuntu Community wala pay mga meet ups, but the community will focus on sharing ideas to newbies sa Ubuntu and let them love Ubuntu.

TIPS:

"The only way to learn Linux is to forget windows behind."

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnmedrano View Post
    As of now Cebuntu Community wala pay mga meet ups, but the community will focus on sharing ideas to newbies sa Ubuntu and let them love Ubuntu.

TIPS:

"The only way to learn Linux is to forget windows behind."
    but letting others understand how ubuntu works is relating to windows.. I suggest do not forget windows still...

I am encouraging the system admin of cebuntu to please put links if you still have likes where to download the first ever release version of ubuntu to the latest para maka track gyud ta.. and manuals on each versions..it will be very helpful sad..

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast