Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default question about GPS sa mga cellphone

KAna mga new fone karon bah naa GPS, if mo gamit ka ana bah mo bayad bah ta permi sa network? kinsay naka hibaw ani?

sa akong N5800, sure ko walay bayad kung mu gamit ko sa GPS. i just upload the latest map for Philippines, then i'm good to go

Quote Originally Posted by jasonrey View Post
    sa akong N5800, sure ko walay bayad kung mu gamit ko sa GPS. i just upload the latest map for Philippines, then i'm good to go
    same here. both 5800xm and b7300. gamit ko garmin xt.

if your using built-in GPS receiver, naa 3G/GPRS charges.

wala ko kasuway using phone+external GPS on road navigation.
    so wala ko idea sa charges.

but i've tried using my phone + A.I.S. (Automatic Identification System ) via pilot plug
    using Dkart while navigating the Great Barrier Reef sa Australia,
    wala charge. Obviously.

nindota oi!!! sa GPS!!! hehehe

sulod lang sa building... hehehehehhe...

samsung b7300 with garmin xt

nope. wala bayad. gamit ko google maps ug mapdroyd para sa mapa. lingaw pud. drive ko padong amo tan.aw sa map. hehehe. samsung galaxy s diay akong fone..

Quote Originally Posted by zengatsu View Post
    nope. wala bayad. gamit ko google maps ug mapdroyd para sa mapa.
    did use the GPS function while using Googlemap?

On November 28, 2007, Google Maps for Mobile 2.0 was released. It introduced a GPS-like location service that does not require a GPS receiver. The "my location" feature works by utilizing the GPS location of the mobile device, if it is available. This information is supplemented by the software determining the nearest wireless networks and cell sites. The software then looks up the location of the cell site using a database of known wireless networks and cell sites. The Cell-site location method is used by triangulating the different signal strengths from different cell transmiters and then using their location property (retrieved from the online cell site database) to aid My Location in determining the user's current location. Wireless network location method is calculated by discovering the nearby WiFi hotspots and using their location property (retrieved from the online WiFi database, in the same way as the cell site database) to further discover the user's location. The order in which these take precedence is:

• GPS-based services
    • WLAN-based / WiFi-based services
    • Cell transmitter-based services
    edit: nonetheless even if you don't use GPS you will still incur network charges unless unlimited data plan ka.

and mapdroyd
    Of course, today there are many Android application featuring street maps. Most of them are based on Google Maps, which means you've to enable your device's network connection through a GPRS or Wifi connection. But can you really afford international roaming being online for hours? And mostly probably you need maps at your fingertips when you're abroad, right? Once you have downloaded your MapDroyd application and your favorite maps form our map server onto your local storage (SD card) you can use them without being online. This is extremely helpful when you travel outside your country and mobile data connections become very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by indy501 View Post
    if your using built-in GPS receiver, naa 3G/GPRS charges.
    Actually wala nay charge basta mo gamit kag GPS ug A-GPS, ang bayaran nimo ana ang software ra jud.

so this is not entirely true?
    What is AGPS? close Assisted Global Positioning System. It was introduced to enhance performance. With conventional GPS systems, it is often difficult to provide reliable positions under poor signal conditions, for example, if you are surrounded by tall buildings (as a result of multipath) or if the satellite signals are weakened when you are indoors or under a tree. Some newer receivers fare better. The AGPS system, consisting of an integrated GPS receiver and network components, boosts performance beyond that of the same receiver in a stand-alone mode. Note: AGPS will use the data connection of your device such as GPRS, and may incur connection charges.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast