Default 3D Philppine Initiative

3D PHILIPPINES INITIATIVE [ 3DPi ]

Brief Overview

3D Philippines Initiative aims to create a 3D virtual world of the Philippines, where communities can create a bedrock of shared information and resources. This collaborative undertaking intends to develop a complete and usable 3D model of the Philippines on Google Earth using Google SketchUp . This will include pertinent metadata to which can be used by various applications that will benefit not only the corporate, government, and educational sectors, but the Philippine society as whole.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Beneficiary

In the long term, this 3D Philippines Initiative can provide the Commission on Information and Communications Technology (CICT), a vehicle to evaluate the extent of accomplished learning of the CICIT beneficiary schools and other CICT programs projects. Likewise, content creation from these schools can benefit their local government agencies and trade sector through a shared resource data for community awareness, disaster response and coordination, security and tourism to mention a few.

1st Initiative

COMDDAP jump-starts this project through the 3DPi SketchUP, a model your campus on Google Earth Competition and the 3DPi MatchUP, a competition to model Philippine Heritage Sites on Google Earth.
    This contest will be open to all GE enthusiasts, schools and universities nationwide, specifically targeting the CICT iSchool beneficiary schools. The contest was launched during COMDDAP EXPO MANILA 2009, which took place at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City on December 3-6, 2009.

Through sponsorships from the private sector and support of the CICIT, COMDDAP will initiate an awareness campaign and manage this competition

Should you have any questions regarding the 3D Initiative Philippines please ask me through this Forum.

Id like to participate on this one but I need the google to update the quality of our province in mindanao.. di nako makita amo atop sa amo balay.. kai pixel ra ako makita...

Quote Originally Posted by aparach View Post
    Id like to participate on this one but I need the google to update the quality of our province in mindanao.. di nako makita amo atop sa amo balay.. kai pixel ra ako makita...
    Thanks for your interest sir.

3D Philippine Initiative goes to Cebu this July 16-18 as part of COMDDAP EXPO.

Up Up and away

Blog Entries
    i want to volunteer but di ko maayo ug buildings. hehe. vehicles ra. i can probably apply what i learned in automotive modelling but i doubt itll even be half as good as results from experienced architectural modelers.

7.    Advertisement