Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cebu - Peddlers & Street

Before I used to rely on long lenses to get up close & personal with my subjects optically speaking
    w/o having to annoy them or giving them the feel of being on the spotlight in the midst of their daily thrive for survival against poverty.

I used to consider my Zuiko 40-150mm kitlens as the tool for street photography.
    Then it hit me, photography isn’t just about equipment and technical know-how--
    it’s more on connecting with your subjects especially if your doing human interests shots in the street.

Now I’m replacing my 150mm with a wider 14-42mm and a bit of confidence interacting with my subjects.

Get really up-close and personal with your subjects not optically speaking, but rather, more emotionally and personally.

No lens can beat human relations and good interpersonal skills.

Interacting with your subject and understanding them in their own perspective and not make them feel like they are just a mere part or prop in our hobby and luxury in photography is the essence of getting them into the spirit in participating spontaneously.

Don’t get them feel bitter and reminded about not having to breath the sweeter air of life by flaunting obviously expensive camera equipment.

Just be modest and sensitive enough and explain your intentions and speak in their lingo as much as possible.

I’m not a guru trying to teach something on street photography rather I’m simply recounting my methods in getting my results.

all taken by Olympus E510 Zuiko 14-42mm kitlens

More time on the street. Less or no time on PP & Photoshop
    Now that's photography!!!
    Last edited by mokiloo; 06-15-2010 at 11:31 AM.

char..................

ot:

https://www.istorya.net/forums/photog...ote-now-5.html

6 hours and 30 mins left to vote!!!

bai, panghagad sunod bai!... ganahan ganahn ug street foto...

apil nya ko puhon...

ako pod brad pra maka experience pod ko nya makat.on pod ko gikan ninyo..hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by mokiloo View Post
    Before I used to rely on long lenses to get up close & personal with my subjects optically speaking
    w/o having to annoy them or giving them the feel of being on the spotlight in the midst of their daily thrive for survival against poverty.

I used to consider my Zuiko 40-150mm kitlens as the tool for street photography.
    Then it hit me, photography isn’t just about equipment and technical know-how--
    it’s more on connecting with your subjects especially if your doing human interests shots in the street.

Now I’m replacing my 150mm with a wider 14-42mm and a bit of confidence interacting with my subjects.

Get really up-close and personal with your subjects not optically speaking, but rather, more emotionally and personally.

No lens can beat human relations and good interpersonal skills.

Interacting with your subject and understanding them in their own perspective and not make them feel like they are just a mere part or prop in our hobby and luxury in photography is the essence of getting them into the spirit in participating spontaneously.

Don’t get them feel bitter and reminded about not having to breath the sweeter air of life by flaunting obviously expensive camera equipment.

Just be modest and sensitive enough and explain your intentions and speak in their lingo as much as possible.

I’m not a guru trying to teach something on street photography rather I’m simply recounting my methods in getting my results.

More time on the street. Less or no time on PP & Photoshoppe
    Now that's photography!!!
    exactly, this is photography, not photo editing... i doubt if some can take great pictures using film based cameras and slr's?

i could still remember years ago my brother has this SLR, and he has a small dark room, right beside his bedroom. and most of his pics are street and eveyday ongoings. some were even posted on sunstar's sunday magazine, long before alex badayos became the main stay photogrpaher of sunstar.

tnx people

actually mag photowalk me ako buddy just the 2 of us kalit2x ra gyud
    esp when mag abot mi nga bored kaayo then we go out on a walk
    no actual planning ni amo photowalks

next time if maka plan mi ahead of time I promise Ill pm u guys
    but that seldom happens if planned ahead and mu dayon. hahaha

apila ko ninyo!!!

can't dare to take pictures of people up close hehe... kids pwede pa kay mahangyo... pero mga tigulang dili ko ka dare haha

mas nindot jed daghan para bibo nya medyo dili pod ta kolba-an ba lisod baya panahon ron hehe - apila pod ko sa photowalk mga master

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast