Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Don Gambino Baltazar

guys, im currently digging up an old history of Cebu city..

i came across something from reputable sources and prominent famlies, an interesting person...

a certain Don "Gambino" Baltazar.. (not quite sure on the spelling of the name), ive been trying to find written records of this person but found none

this certain Don gambino was a wealthy haciendero both in bulacan and cebu.. this person died in the 60s ... (yes, wer talking bout a person sa ka-lolo-han).
    the most interesting thing was he had personally know and was a friend of Dr. Jose Rizal, a sparring mate in fencing.. and was occasionally exchanging personal letters.. (the location of this letters is somewhere at a museum in manila)

the question is why this guy dont have a political footprint in Cebu as this guy owned large tracts of land which was later bought by the city and part of it now is what is today some portions of the airport (not quite sure whether its the one on lapu2x or the one in lahug)

this person should have some political influence considering he was married once to a cortez of manduae and had trouble with the osmenas back those days (grandfather of tomas osmena?) regarding some land deals.... as what ive heard, wat happend next increased the wealth of the osmenas significantly while this certain Don gambino faded into obscurity (how and why, i dont know)

anybody know anything about this certain person? please share some info... im quite interested in meeting the decendants..

karon pa ko nka dungog ani iyang name.

paryente siguro ni cya ni don ramon hehehe

@TS...try to search sa public library sa cebu city, basin naa na didto ang mga tubag sa ubang pangutana.

The baltazars were known descendants of a certain datu from luzon. so kung sa monarch pa, royal blood ni sila. few years ago, naa toy ni claim, infact na news gyud to, na direct descendant cya and called himself the Prince of Philippines, and wanted to reclaim the land lost by their families to the government due to land grabbing.

interesting lagi ni...pls share pa daw mu sa inyong nahibaw-an... hehehehe!!

you can also do some research from baptism records.

hmmm..maybe naa ni siyay records sah some museum here in cebu...if naa siyay descendants cguroh ang mga current cortez' kron.....

Blog Entries
    if he is a friend of Dr Jose Rizal then maybe you can check sa USPF na museum for JPR.
    basin naay record of him and JPR nagkita cla dri Cebu and he hosted... basin lang.

gagambino idol

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast