Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

thanks ayo sa info bro. daghan na gyud ayo available na gaming laptop sa market but mo prefer gyud kos alienware ambot nganu.. maybe ill just stick with m11x,, unsa man say Cons sa imo m11x imo na experience>?

the m11x has quite a few issues, this is not just on my own unit but this applies to most if not all m11x's

there is a bug in the bios that prevents the gt335m from fully powering down after u switch from discrete to integrated gpu. this eats at your battery life and may cause your fan to turn on unnecessarily.
    solution: full reboot

also another bug that causes the fan to get stuck (always on at high speed) this happens usually after u switch from integrated gpu to discrete and back again.
    solution: put unit to sleep then wake

the two that i mentioned above are the main issues with the machine and hopefully would be fixed by a bios update. its disconcerting to me though that its been almost 5 months since release and there has been no new bios update yet.

now for minor issues:

driver support: there is a concern among m11x owners that since nvidia is aggressively pushing its OPTIMUS technology, older hybrid graphics (switchable graphics) like that used in the m11x will not be getting much driver support.

weak CPU: the m11x has a weak ULV cpu and as such is not capable of playing games that are demanding on the cpu. it does best on games that require powerful gpus and not too much cpu. some known games that are not smoothly playable are battlefield badcompany 2 and even GTA 4

refresh: there is a lot of talk that there might be a refresh of the m11x with newer more powerful cpu's possibly by the middle or end of the year, so if you really care about getting the latest you might want to hold off on buying and wait for 6 more months (an eternity)

glossy screen: not a problem in dark environments but in daylight and even moderately lit areas, the screen is highly reflective and can be quite distracting (possible solution: non glare screen protector)

keyboard marks on screen: some m11x users, myself included suffer from this issue. it seems that when the laptop is closed the screen makes slight contact with the keyboard and causes the transfer of finger oils from your keyboard to the screen. its a minor inconvenience and u can very easily wipe off the oil marks. my solution is to keep the anti static screen protector that came with the laptop and place it over the keyboard every time i store my m11x

lack of optical drive: may or may not be an issue for you depending on how u get your games. personally i like to get the boxed games because i am a collector but for my m11x all my games are bought from STEAM (not as bad as you might think)

win7 64bit: just be aware that some games are not compatible with this OS. especially older games. and as far as i know there are no drivers for the m11x for vista or xp so you're pretty much stuck with win7

these are the main ones that i can readily think of. as you can see this machine is far from perfect. but i cannot explain it, its one of those things that you either love or hate. and i love it so much im willing to put up with all these inconveniences. i knew about most of these issues before i purchased it and i could have returned it for a refund but i just fell in love with it for what it is and what it can do.

all that said i do not recommend it for a main gaming machine. and really it was never meant to be one. i like to call it, the little netbook that can! thats probably the most accurate description of it in a nutshell.

actually bro dli unta ni nako pang gaming kay naa koy desktop na pang full gaming.. this laptop would be for personal usage and also for school (programming and interfacing) . now i know this info ako nalang ni i take note and put into consideration. salamat bai

Default Re: alienware m11x or asus ul30vt + zune hd?

straight to Alienware!

5.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123