Default How many megapixels is enough?

Greetings!!! I am planning to buy a camera... how many megapixels is adequate if I am planning to print large pictures that will be framed?

Size of the pictures will be like of those average sized paintings seen in art shows. I am planning to buy either Canon S3 IS, Sony H2, Sony H5 or Canon EOS 350D. Thanks....

Default Re: How many megapixels is enough?

if your option includes Canon EOS 350D then go for this cam

Quote Originally Posted by tolstoi
    if your option includes Canon EOS 350D then go for this cam
    Thats what I will get if I finally have decided to make this a hobby... What I really need right now is to get a camera with adequate zoom, the primary reason for it is job related secondary lang ang taking pictures to be framed... I know I can also get this with Canon EOS 350D but I will spend some more for the lens... sayang lng if I find out na photography is just not for me and decide that I wont make it a hobby...

Quote Originally Posted by herzabarJR
    Greetings!!! I am planning to buy a camera... how many megapixels is adequate if I am planning to print large pictures that will be framed?

Size of the pictures will be like of those average sized paintings seen in art shows. I am planning to buy either Canon S3 IS, Sony H2, Sony H5 or Canon EOS 350D. Thanks....
    any of those cams you have chosen are good, for the 350D you need to spend pa to get the lens for the equivalent zoom range of the other cams, btw i have a 4 mega pixel cam, the A520, and i printed a bond paper size picture, nindot man gihapon ang result so mostly I'm switching between my 350D and A520 hehehe

Sony H5 is good enough for super zoom, but canon 350D gets excellent pics....

according to my observation... S3 IS is for you...

Thanks for the input guys... Truly appreciate it...
    Well I am leaning towards Canon S3 IS right now, so I guess 6 MP is enough for large prints(not far behind is Sony H-5, hehehe) ... But after watching samples here in Istorya and other photography forums Canon 350D is still an option. I never knew choosing a camera would be soooo complicated Well, Ill just keep you posted and sample pics of my new camera soon.. :mrgreen:

first off, ang budget gyud hehe

9.    Advertisement