Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

OK ra man unta na basta lang polite lang sila mo address...dili harass bah

Quote Originally Posted by rev-maxx View Post
    peeps..
    lately cge ko observe ani checkpoints nga gina conduct sa ato law enforcers but
    is it just me that finds it discrimination sa mga naka 2-wheel motor vehicles?
    A few years naman siguro na, it's not just "lately"

In some occasions (previously) apil ang mga PUJ's then ang mga male passengers ra ang pagawason then ipa-raise ang shirts kay check-on belt... discrimanation against men pud ni?

Most taxi cab drivers I ride with usually slow down sa mga checkpoints (even if wala'y nag-ali/slow moving nga vehicle in front of the cab) then they turn ON the in-car light para maka-kita ang mga pulis unsa'y dagway sa passenger... let's cut this one short...ultimately mu-amount ni to... descrimination against ugly (men) people na pud ni? (especially nga last month--feb 2010--naay na-dakpan tisoyon nga COLLEGE STUDENT from a WELL-TO-DO Family...nga siya'y main suspect gi-multiple stab wounds ang isa ka taxi cab driver diha sa may Brgy. Apas almost midnight)

Quote Originally Posted by h3lios View Post
    problema gyud kay ang mga pulis, nag-assume ang mga kriminal istupido kay magmotor gihapon bisan kahibalo sila na hunungon sila sa checkpoint. unya palutson ra ang mga awto...na pwede naa didto gasakay ang kriminal kay galikay hunongon sa checkpoint. Kinsay istupido karon?
    Just because you can't stop something from happening doesn't mean dili na lang ka mu-try. Since wala man kay gi-propose nga alternative sa checkpoint, mag-assume mi (readers of this thread) nga nag-imply ka nga dili na lang mag-checkpoint kay maka-lusot ra man gihapon ang mga criminals---mao ni imong non-stupid suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by rev-maxx View Post
    just want to know your thoughts... peace.
    having these checkpoints are better than no checkpoints at all

daghan man gud nahitabo nga tulis rn bro nga nka motor ang mga suspek ba mao motor ilang pirmi inspectionon jud.. tnoud jud hasul.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril View Post
    A few years naman siguro na, it's not just "lately"

In some occasions (previously) apil ang mga PUJ's then ang mga male passengers ra ang pagawason then ipa-raise ang shirts kay check-on belt... discrimanation against men pud ni?

Most taxi cab drivers I ride with usually slow down sa mga checkpoints (even if wala'y nag-ali/slow moving nga vehicle in front of the cab) then they turn ON the in-car light para maka-kita ang mga pulis unsa'y dagway sa passenger... let's cut this one short...ultimately mu-amount ni to... descrimination against ugly (men) people na pud ni? (especially nga last month--feb 2010--naay na-dakpan tisoyon nga COLLEGE STUDENT from a WELL-TO-DO Family...nga siya'y main suspect gi-multiple stab wounds ang isa ka taxi cab driver diha sa may Brgy. Apas almost midnight)

Just because you can't stop something from happening doesn't mean dili na lang ka mu-try. Since wala man kay gi-propose nga alternative sa checkpoint, mag-assume mi (readers of this thread) nga nag-imply ka nga dili na lang mag-checkpoint kay maka-lusot ra man gihapon ang mga criminals---mao ni imong non-stupid suggestion?

having these checkpoints are better than no checkpoints at all
    previously, apil ang PUJ's....ngano karon dili naman? discrimination gyud sa lalaki kay ang babaye pwede man sab magdala og kontrabando. In fact, syndicates used women and children as couriers when police were busy with attention on male commuters.

taxi cabs are very prone to hold-ups. the police might just as well check every taxi-cab that passes through. Besides, if the driver want to have himself safe, he might very well have his cabin light on so the police can see who the passenger is inside the cab and if the passenger matches the description of legitimately "wanted" suspects as they pass by.

I'm not saying na dili nalang mag-checkpoint...I'm saying they have to do it right so as not to look stupid. It seems that majority of the people want to have us under "martial law" --"for our own protection and safety". There should be no half-baked measures such as a very porous checkpoints. every vehicle should be stopped, public or private owned (even pedestrians) and a thorough strip search performed on all people. Take a step further, give the police the right to enter and search your house and private property as well even without a warrant. Civil liberties be damned, all people are suspect, if you are law abiding you have nothing to hide. Kadto ra kuno ang naay criminal intent ang dili gusto i-surrender ang iyang personal freedom/rights.

Kanang gihimo nilang checkpoint, mora ra og sugar-pill na maka-ayo kuno og cancer....effective only in providing a false sense of security and well-being.

Besides that, we will have to question what is the real motive of the checkpoints they are doing...legitimate police work or cash generating operations?

Being policemen is very hard...damned if you do, damned if you don't. They want to have a better image but they should not get it the way they are doing it now. The danger is when we condone the tactics they're using which violates our rights and freedom, we might just as well strike out Article III of our constitution.

I'm not proposing any alternative because it is not mine to give. Our policemen and their officers are well educated and trained in the highest order. Our taxes paid for their salaries, training and continued improvement. They should be the ones coming up with solutions. They should show better police work, not just stop-gap sugar pill solutions.

I have a story about how ineffective, effort and time wasting these checkpoints are. Recently, an area near my place had a checkpoint every afternoon till midnight. They were stopping only motorbikes, checking papers, licenses and "illegal modifications".

A grocery about 1km away from the checkpoint along the same road was held-up and the robbers took the employees' payroll and the week's sales. According to witnesses, the robbers calmly got to the grocery on foot, announced the hold up, got on two tricycles who were waiting for passengers and passed through the checkpoint without a hitch.

para nako, kung naa man gani checkpoint, dili lang unta motor ray hunongon. dapat tanan jud. ang mga sakyanan diay, wa ta kbaw kinawat sad. nya maoy gigamit sa mga kriminal.

sak2 jd kasagaran mgmotr jd kng manulis or kawat ky lusot2x raman...bsta ok rapd mupara ig checkpoint way blema na

kung magmotor ko nya angkas nako akong anak ug asawa dili raman sila mo check, pero kung ako ra usa parahon jud ko.. or pulos laki ang sakay..

mao jud kung mag check point man gani dapat tanan nalang unta d lang jud kay motor..

10.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12