Page 1 of 39 123411 ... LastLast

Default Bushcraft and Survival Thread

Inviting anyone who is into bushcraft and outdoor-survival skills development. This thread will be dealing about knives and axe, map reading and navigation, hunting and foraging for food, endurance training, shelters and camping, fire and tinders, trap preparation, cooking and stoves, gear reviews, books and videos related to this thread, tracking, fishing, hiking and backpacking and anything that is common sense in our everyday lives.

For starters I will be featuring one of my companions on the trail - a Mantrack survival knife - where I wrote a review in my blog Warrior Pilgrimage.

see you in the bush...
    Last edited by pinoyapache; 01-15-2012 at 04:05 PM.

hey there1 nice to see a fellow bush-craft and survival enthusiast. where do you usually go to practice your skills? am also an avid collector of knives and a bushcraft enthusiast..... my bushcraft knife is an enzo trapper that i made the handle myself.

Hello @Gills. Glad to know you as one rare bushcrafter here. I usually do my hiking along the trails of Napo to Mt. Babag. I do many explorations of the trails there and identify the trees and plants that are useful for survival. Also, I try to note down any watering area or natural springs that are found for rehydration and cooking purposes. There are many good natural camping sites at the backyard of Guadalupe and I try to develop these area as my base camp whenever I have guests who would want to hit the trail and whack some bush.

hmmmm Interesting! i usually practice at the farm my in laws have... whenever we go.. would really like to learn the useful plants in the native environment. i wonder if there are any more of us here in Cebu? and if it would be feasible for a gathering of sorts to exchange ideas and information..... i would be willing ot share on knife sharpening in the field....
    what do you think?

good day guys. nice thread you started here. i'm don't have really training on jungle survival but i always bring with me a knife, gps, whistle for starters
    Audentes Fortuna Juvat

Quote Originally Posted by Gills View Post
    hmmmm Interesting! i usually practice at the farm my in laws have... whenever we go.. would really like to learn the useful plants in the native environment. i wonder if there are any more of us here in Cebu? and if it would be feasible for a gathering of sorts to exchange ideas and information..... i would be willing ot share on knife sharpening in the field....
    what do you think?
    You know, this idea about bushcrafting took a long time for me to shape. I have started as a mountaineer and there are many procedures in bushcraft which are not conducive to mountaineering, who adhere to the "Leave No Trace" principles. There may be possible "shifters" from mountaineers to bushcrafters/survivalists but I got two mid-50s guys who are always with me and taught them the idea of bushcrafting.

Another two guys, both foreigners, come now and then and contact me and do some bush hiking here. .

My friends are in the process of organizing a group related only for bushcrafting here. It will be in Facebook and Multiply or Ning. I will inform you soon as I am able to come up with the vision and mission and the objectives and, of course, the name.
    Last edited by pinoyapache; 03-14-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7DMM View Post
    good day guys. nice thread you started here. i'm don't have really training on jungle survival but i always bring with me a knife, gps, whistle for starters
    Come to think of it, these items you bring everyday are what we called as EDC in bushcrafting. EDC = every day carry.
    Last edited by pinoyapache; 03-14-2010 at 02:28 PM.

great.. please let me know as would be really interested in exchanging ideas and information

this is worth watching.....

Bushcraft time on Sunday with Camp Red guys. Exploring a new trail from Guadalupe church to Napo.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 39 123411 ... LastLast