Default Setting up Internet Connection Tenda W311R+

We bought Tenda and able to setup the WIFI connectivity sa among computers..

my problem now is that, di mi ka-internet when we plug the connection from:

Globe Broadband modem -> WLAN port of this router

anyone has an experience on Tenda? Please help coz we're planning to change this kung di madala this week... (^_^)

Issue on Conflicting DHCP server.

globe modem has a dhcp running. your tenda is a router and has a default dhcp server running on it.

giving specific configuration of this two routers you can connect to the internet anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by dammy View Post
    Issue on Conflicting DHCP server.

globe modem has a dhcp running. your tenda is a router and has a default dhcp server running on it.

giving specific configuration of this two routers you can connect to the internet anytime.
    thanks for the advice dammy.. I'll give it a shot later..

I've managed to shutdown DHCP Service of my Globe Modem, Hurricane Pro 5200.
    change nako ang WAN Settings, bridge the Ethernet to PPOE. (sakto ba ni?)
    coz I can't test it here sa amo coz sa office ni namo nga modem.

I've tried connecting from Hurricane modem to WAN port and ping the Modem, 192.168.1.1.. (ofcourse connected ko through wifi to ping)
    dapat ba makit.an?

coz I don't know if naa ba ni internet inig abot didto sa among office.. I can't come to our office tomorrow but needed jud ni ma-configure..

thanks sa mo-tabang and answer my questions in bold ^^^^...

EDIT: Last step is to setup TENDA nga mo-connect through PPOE.. I hope sakto na ni ugma.. ^_^
    Last edited by stealthghost; 02-16-2010 at 11:13 PM.

ok. hap. dugay naku nag experiment ana. share lang naku.

imo na gi off ang dhcp sa globe modem then imo gi bridge meaning you have another router?

as your setup:

globe as stand alone modem > dialer is your router as ppoe connection(act as host) with dhcp enabled. mao gyud ni ang old setup.

sakto na.

now the gateway must be the router. change your router or your modem their lan IP address, usually your router has a defualt ip address the 192.168.1.1 and your globe modem is also 192.168.1.1

your router serve as mo hatag na ug mga IP address og ang sakto nga gateway to whoever wants to connect into your network.

now you can't ping your modem anymore unless you configure your tcp ip to specific ip of your modem that is the way you can view the web tools again of the modem.

para safe, leave your modem settings as is, and tinker with your router instead, para in any case naa pa ka internet connection, whereas kung imong hilabtan imong modem settings, kung dli magkadima-o wa jud kay internet.

@dammy, thanks for the advice.. I'll try to make it work this lunch time.. kay I'm not working in our business.. mao jud ni akong gi-huna2x nga ma-setup globe as stand alone modem > dialer is your router as ppoe connection(act as host) with dhcp enabled. in which mao sad ang nahitabo sa wifi namo sa balay..

@c_cebrecus, thanks for the advice.. sakto pud imu idea.. but for time being, since I can't go to our office often and they need the internet through Wifi, kani sa nga settings akong buhaton.

I'll update this later in the afternoon..

successful na ang internet connection.. The problem now, as advised byc_cebrecus, kay kung i-direct ang Globe Modem/Router to PC, di na maka internet..

well, for now, kani sa nga configuration coz I don't want to mess up the the network coz naa'y important gibuhat..

thanks to all!

same gyud mi problem ani karon dah..wla pagyud ko kasolve sako router till now..gailis ko Tenda router karon dli na nuon ko ka-internet b4 nuon sa ako Edimax wla ko problem..

Default Re: Setting up Internet Connection Tenda W311R+

unsa nga router angay sa globe?

11.    Advertisement