Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Please help me choose between these two 12" netbooks

asus 1201T
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

msi wind u230
    MSI Global ? Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

this is actually for a cousin. im helping her out. some of you here nakabantay ko nga nakapalit na ug msi wind u230. i, myself also have an msi wind u100 kato 10" pa.

processor comparison:
    the msi wind here clearly has the edge in processor performance becoz of its dual core amd neo x2 processor while the asus has amd neo-mv40. - msi wind wins

grafix:
    both have ati 3200 - its a tie

beauty:
    the msi wind just looks like its older brothers while i find the asus very beautiful, samot na iya keyboard - asus wins

quality and durability:
    para nako lang ni ha, asus is a more durable and more reliable brand than msi (dili ko bias ha, coz i have an msi wind u100 gani)

so, patabang lang ko ninyo ug decide by the points i have sited above ug which one is better. my cousin nga girl will be using it for internet, lite games, and pa cute stuff. heheh...

this should be 1201N vs U230...

between the choice that you are having, adto ko sa MSI...

pero kung between U230 and 1201N, basin adto ko sa 1201N... depende pila ang SRP diri pinas...

asa mainly gamiton bai?

murag akoa choice asus siguro, hehehe

ganahn ko sa porma, tapos if ingana netbook paliton dili man gyud ka maggamit og intensive apps, and ang imo gipangita is portability man, so asus is the way to go in my own opinion if ingana kay murag longer battery life because single core lang processor plus pa gyud mas nindot siyag porma hehehe

usage sa ako cousin bai is for internet, lite games, no heavy apps tingali. pero mejo na discourage pudko sa gi ingon ni fish nga hinay daw ang amd neo-v40 compared sa atom (considering that kana da-an atom dili gani kusog). on the other hand, mas ganahan ko sa brand nga asus. naglibog pa ko. heheh... but, hopefully ma available na ang asus 1201n, unya basun pud ang price dili kaayo grabe.

Asus 1201T uses the AMD Neo X2 diba while the 1201N ang Intel Dual Core Atom?

If ASUS 1201T vs MSI U230

Processor: Sa specs, both seem to be using the same processor... Athlon Neo X2 = MV40 .. both run at 1.6 Ghz and have 2 cores.... .. Should be a TIE

Graphics: Same

RAM: Both come with 2gigs. I know the MSI U230 has 2 slots.. so you can still upgrade to 2x 2GB by adding another 2GB. I'm not privy with the Asus.

Appearance: Asus 1201T seems to look better especially with that chicklet type keyboard layout

Other things to note:
    - The MSI U230 has HDMI port while the Asus 1201T doesn't.
    - MSI U230 comes with a sleeve and is priced at 23,995 sa MSI store in SM
    - the MSI only comes in 1 color while the Asus has 3.
    - Asus webcam is 0.3 megapixel while MSI is 1.3 megapixel

Based on benchmark figures I came across, the Athlon Neo X2 is around 30 - 40% faster than the Atom 330 (dual core) clock for clock... correct me if I am wrong on this...

@vipvip, bro ako nakita sa 1201t is "AMD MV40 (1.6GHz)/RS780MN" man iya processor, single core lang. based sa gibutang sa specs portion.

id prefer the asus matod pa nimo prefer ka ug asus pareha ra ta nindut2x sad kog dungog sa asus except lang sa asus nko kay na yatap jud.

Quote Originally Posted by whoopz View Post
    @vipvip, bro ako nakita sa 1201t is "AMD MV40 (1.6GHz)/RS780MN" man iya processor, single core lang. based sa gibutang sa specs portion.
    I have a U230 with MV40 processor and its dual core. Naa ba single core version ani.

Quote Originally Posted by whoopz View Post
    You're right... it seems single core ang 1201T... the MSI U230 i know is dual core... I was reading reviews on the 1201T.. some have mistaken the processor for a dual core also...

If that's the case... the U230's processor would be around 60-80% faster.. that's a huge difference.

I would probably go with the U230 based on specs alone... the Kb and look of the 1201T is nice though...

Quote Originally Posted by robo0808 View Post
    I have a U230 with MV40 processor and its dual core. Naa ba single core version ani.
    Based on the brochure I got from MSI... sa specs.. it lists the processor sa U230 as:

AMD Athlon Neo X2 Dual-Core L335 1.6Ghz Processor

Sa website sa MSI .. it lists the processor as:

AMDŽ Yukon CPU MV40/ L335 Processor

Maybe naay configuration sa U230 which uses single core like the Asus 1201T... but the one being sold here is the dual core version.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast