Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Islam

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
    @miramax, that is not true, trust me, im here in Taif, Saudi. But that depends on your employer, but i havent heard any pinoy here who converted to islam that got a cash bonus.

@tirong, in islam, mohammad and koran is synonymous. coz the koran came from mohammad and mohammad claimed that God gave that knowledge to him.

.. ok let's start talking about the koran now, since both mohammad and koran can be discussed in the same plain.

.. let's focus on my main issue of" according to islam, koran IS science ... let's start to dissect the very famous Hadiths in Koran ...

lols fin!

Koran = AD
    Old Testament = BC

Adam and eve is in koran and Old testament. What do you think fin? o yeah! now it becomes !$1@m. Nice one.

Blog Entries
    And verily We created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, in six Days, and naught of weariness touched Us. (Qur'an 50:3

.. that is the passage in koran for the creation. Where is the scientific evidence in that ?? that is as vague as it gets.

i'll put in more later ... i still have to go to work ...
    so you are asking for a scientific evidence...

since I don't believe that The Qur'an is a science book, i will leave this question unanswered. Try to ask those Muslims whom you heard say that Qur'an is Science.

Quote Originally Posted by kebot View Post
    lols fin!

Koran = AD
    Old Testament = BC

Adam and eve is in koran and Old testament. What do you think fin? o yeah! now it becomes !$1@m. Nice one.

... lol, im not waiving the flag of islam here, im not a muslim, im an atheist remember im asking questions about islam coz like i said, im here in saudi and most of these arabs are close minded when it comes to discussing their koran. but damn their claim as it being closely related or that koran has explained science of the 21 century.

@malic, so you just accept what's written in the koran ?? and how about that bold claiim of theirs

KORAN IS SCIENCE.
    hehe.. what makes it "science"?

Blog Entries
    ... lol, im not waiving the flag of islam here, im not a muslim, im an atheist remember im asking questions about islam coz like i said, im here in saudi and most of these arabs are close minded when it comes to discussing their koran. but damn their claim as it being closely related or that koran has explained science of the 21 century.

@malic, so you just accept what's written in the koran ?? and how about that bold claiim of theirs
    what's written in Koran??

ask them, you are in the Middle East, the scholars are there. If you are sincere about this, you'll find the courage.

My stand is, I don't believe that the Qur'an is science.

you are stereotyping again, if you think arabs are close minded ask the balik-Islam group. Chat with them. look for The Islamic Information Center under Dr.Ameenah Bilal Philips, this guy was born in Jamaica and grew up in Canada.

by the way you mentioned you are an atheist, why the sudden curiosity about God or Allah?

and I would like to inform you that I will not answer anymore questions in this thread. As you can see I am embarking a new road and in this road dogmatism is strongly discouraged. Dogmas are fixed and can shrink the potential of the mind to grow farther heights of higher consciousness.

did you made this thread with me in your mind? who else do you think here would answer your questions regarding Islam?

but if you are really sincere dont miss your chance, you are in ME, grab your opportunity, find the scholars.
    Last edited by Malic; 01-18-2010 at 12:49 AM.

@malic, thanks for your honest answer. I didnt made this thread intended for you, don't assume too much but for me to express my opinions about koran and hopefully get some from our inquisitive forum members. Yes, i'm an atheist and i'm not curious about God nor any supreme being, i'm just curious with this claim of the muslims that koran can be related to science and vice versa. And talking about balik-islam people here in taif, I already asked them hard questions, but they can't really give me conclusive nor satisfying answers. their answers is also as vague as the koran.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonBlownapart View Post
    hehe.. what makes it "science"?

.. have you truly understood the purpose of this thread i'm asking the same thing, why are the muslims claiming that koran is science ?
    Last edited by fingolfin; 01-18-2010 at 04:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    @malic, thanks for your honest answer. I didnt made this thread intended for you, don't assume too much but for me to express my opinions about koran and hopefully get some from our inquisitive forum members. Yes, i'm an atheist and i'm not curious about God nor any supreme being, i'm just curious with this claim of the muslims that koran can be related to science and vice versa. And talking about balik-islam people here in taif, I already asked them hard questions, but they can't really give me conclusive nor satisfying answers. their answers is also as vague as the koran.
    i didn't say you made this thread for me. Review my question again.

haha,really? never in your mind did my name pop out? okay, I believe you. Let's try to count, how many Muslims are here? How many Christians here can honestly give you satisfying answers on questions related to Islam? and even if there is such Christian how far can he deal with your questions? how accurate would his answers be? these questions never occurred to you? so never jud in your mind nga naka think ka nga naa bitaw si Malic, maybe He can answer the questions? never?

if the balik-islam can't provide you satisfying answers,then go for the scholars. Look for someone with a background in science. My suggestion go to the Islamic Information Center ask for Dr.Ameenah Bilal Philips. Here is another one,look for someone with a background in science, im sure naa na sila diha.

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin
    .. have you truly understood the purpose of this thread i'm asking the same thing, why are the muslims claiming that koran is science ?
    yes I do. Honestly this is my first time to hear that. Muslims as far as I know would tell you that Qur'an and Science is compatible. Never heard anyone said Koran is Science.

good luck fingolfin on your journey, I hope that your curiosity will be cured soon.

This thread actually needs someone who will stick to the claim that the Koran contains "scientific facts" well beyond its time (when the book first came into public consciousness 1,400 years ago I think), without that person, I'm afraid there's no point in debating that claim.

That said, I think it's far-fetched to claim it IS science. And I seriously doubt it contains any valid scientific predictions.

the problem here is the definition of Science. science may be natural, it can be social, it can be a spirit (humanities) what do you mean by science?

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar
    fin, Islam is quite a big subject ... perhaps make more focused threads on certain aspects of Islam?

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast