Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

self awakening , it is ourselves who can save us not pedro .

we cant rely our life to someone that doesn eixist .

being save from utang.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by regnauld View Post
    If salvation if from GOD, then where is GOD? If there is a GOD, isn't GOD within us as Jesus The Christ said?

Yes Bro. regnauld in Matthew Jesus instructed his disciples to seek first the kingdom of God and in Luke 17 this is what he said...•20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation•21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

so if God's kingdom is in us we should seek it internally, meditation can help anyone find God inside.
    Last edited by Malic; 01-15-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
    .. have you ever heard of Silva Mind Control Method by Jose Silva it isnt mind control as in controlling the mind of others. nyehehehe... but, it's controlling one's self. I have been practicing this since i was high school and it had made me open-minded to the things around me. Gave me a self-discipline so to speak, but I still have this great angst inside me that's always building up. Meditation can really help you open your mind and see the world and it's aspects on a broader perspective.
    Jesus meditated, and many believe that sometime between the age of 12-30 Jesus had been in India where he could have come in contact with the religion of Buddha.

The Lost Years of Jesus Revealed, by Rev. Dr Charles Francis Potter (Greenwich, Conn.: Fawcett, 1962), observes: “Many Hindus believe that Jesus Lost Years were, partly at least, spent in India, where he could have learned some of the teaching from the Vedas.

Which brings up an interesting question, did Jesus actually say “Take my yoga upon you, and learn of me, for my yoga is easy? Both yoga and yoke is pronounced as one syllable, with the final vowel silent, and both are the same word, zeugos, in Greek. And in Sanskrit, for the generic meaning of Sanskrit yoga is "yoke."

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    What do you mean as it is written? written in where?
    What are you talking about?

You wrote the following referencing Christian biblical text

The popular Religion in the world has this understanding that men are sinners, because of Sin he or she is bound for hell, a place of suffering. To snatch the Soul away from this distasteful end confession of a Savior is needed, an external power to save men from Hell.

I replied, It is as it is written referring to the Biblical scriptures that supported you statement.

than I added,
    refusing to believe or taking alternative paths change nothing. It is still what it is. We may not agree with it, we may not like it, we may not accept it, but it still is what it is. We will all have to deal with that in our own ways. It is our choices that will determine rewards or punishments. It is just that simple in the end.

It was not a quote. If it were a quote it would have been in parentheses. Sorry if my wording confused you.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    To whom did we sin, to ourselves, maybe.....but most of the time the attrocities were against others based on a established moral law, ethics, law of conduct, founded by what, Isn't it that the foundation in all of these is from the law of GOD.So to whom would we plea? is it to ourselves or to the one who furnished these laws and who as well put it into edict.

In law of the land, why is it that anyone who will give a statement is asked "to tell the truth and nothing but the truth" and then say "so help me GOD", swearing with the bible or the quran.
    It did not say so help me "myself".

Quote Originally Posted by Tirong-say View Post
    To whom did we sin, to ourselves, maybe.....but most of the time the attrocities were against others based on a established moral law, ethics, law of conduct, founded by what, Isn't it that the foundation in all of these is from the law of GOD.So to whom would we plea? is it to ourselves or to the one who furnished these laws and who as well put it into edict.

In law of the land, why is it that anyone who will give a statement is asked "to tell the truth and nothing but the truth" and then say "so help me GOD", swearing with the bible or the quran.
    It did not say so help me "myself".
    very good insight.. i like i like

ive read a very nice manga that talks about what salvation is.. if you have the time look for the manga "CESARE"..

mao ni link Cesare 7 page 01 | One Manga

anyways, the message really striked is this..

the poorest people will accept life as it is (like saying si Lord na bahala), because they do not know how to work and are not educated to be given oppurtunity to work. the (religious leaders) give them scraps of food (or little money) for a day and whispher to them that it is a blessing and that they should give thanks. it is they the (religious leaders) who forced the poor into this tragic situation by cunningly using the lords name in their idea of "salvation", if they truly want to save the poor, they should give education and jobs.. not just giving scraps of food everyday.. (charity is sometimes a reverse edged sword)

for the religious leaders know and fear, if the poor become well-off, they will stop believing in hell that they seek salvation from god.. that is where the power of the (religious instiution) comes from... the poor and uneducated masses...

basically the point is about "teach the boy to fish thingy"..

anyways..we should ask ourselves, what is salvation really is? there are pros and cons of believing in salvation thru saviour or self awakening.. belief of salvation thru a saviour creates a cultlike organization while belief in self-awakening often times makes you look like a nutjob, coz nobody will understand you.. (no offense)

when i die, the infinite intelligence will ask me (probably) if i had life to the fullest and enjoyed the beauty that is his creation

for me, salvation from poverty is enough.. to live in poverty is hell on earth, but with will and determination any man can rise above this living hell..

let truth and science be our guiding light over the darkenss by superstitions...

again.. peace on earth,

PIT SENOR!!!

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmorsoloX View Post
    very good insight.. i like i like
    Thanks Bro............
    Pit Senyor as well......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    Jesus meditated, and many believe that sometime between the age of 12-30 Jesus had been in India where he could have come in contact with the religion of Buddha.

The Lost Years of Jesus Revealed, by Rev. Dr Charles Francis Potter (Greenwich, Conn.: Fawcett, 1962), observes: “Many Hindus believe that Jesus Lost Years were, partly at least, spent in India, where he could have learned some of the teaching from the Vedas.

Which brings up an interesting question, did Jesus actually say “Take my yoga upon you, and learn of me, for my yoga is easy? Both yoga and yoke is pronounced as one syllable, with the final vowel silent, and both are the same word, zeugos, in Greek. And in Sanskrit, for the generic meaning of Sanskrit yoga is "yoke."
    hmmm interesting.

.. but to what salvation are we talking about here Coz that would be a very broad question to ask... to the religious, salvation is doing good things in order for their souls to be admitted to their divine saviour's abode. But to the atheist, salvation is a self-journey to whatever understanding or self-enlightenment they've attained.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast