View Poll Results: Aware of the current economic and political situation in the country, what is your best course of ac

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am contented and would like to stay in the country.

0 0%
  • Work harder to meet the needs of the family.

2 50.00%
  • Leave the country and work overseas.

2 50.00%
  • I am hopeless and don't know what to do.

0 0%
Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: As Filipino, what will you do to solve the problem of our society?

Quote Originally Posted by --Makoy--
    mass killings of politicans.... unahon nato sa mandaue..
    unya isunod ang mga tagalog nga taga oposisyun!

nindot ni nga pangutana sa Miss Philippines..
    Newbie's , In order to post a thread, be a junior member first..
    Another option is you may avail of Istorya's paid membership (platinum, premium)..
    pls visit Support Center board ( just under General Discussions)

pag solve sa problema mag sugod sa atong kaugalingon...

Quote Originally Posted by raddiboy
    nindot ni nga pangutana sa Miss Philippines..
    bitaw sa, unya ang i-answer kanang gisulti ni makoy.... hehehe...

mass killings of politicans.... unahon nato sa mandaue..

Default Re: WHAT WILL MAKE ME LEAVE THE PHILIPPINES

but please never vote these following candidates either local or national:

pacman
    tessie oreta
    honasan
    hello garci
    cesar montano
    richard gomez
    sotto
    angara

Default Re: WHAT WILL MAKE ME LEAVE THE PHILIPPINES

Leaving the Philippines is HARD! Its the only place you can call your own, its the place you grow up and live. And this is the best place to live in the World!

But, we ourselves are destroying it!like when we vote for the people listed below, eg by edgeknife and all the other guys.

Pinoys, when abroad do excell in their job, they help each other, they follow the rules, they vote wisely and its not their land!
    So, why cant we do it here, right now, so that we wont have to leave.

Madam President and to all those who are planning to "serve", please dont give me a reason to leave my homeland!

Quote Originally Posted by kolz
    When can we start working about effecting change without thinking about the government? The people in the government are still people like us, they were consumed by thirst for power and the lust for money and greed. To have genuine change, you must remove the corruption that enslave ourselves, why do we always blame someone else?

No more finger pointing please ... it doesn't help ...
    sakto jud bro. change should start with ourselves so we could influence others. we could not be a good example to others kung kita mismo di mobag-o.

but reagrding sa governement officials. i think we can't deny it, a little blame should be placed on them. corrupt officials are parasites sa atong society. maski unsa natong hago ug kugi ug tinarong, as long as they exist, our economy won't move on. budgets which are intended for the development of our society ends up in their pockets. we always end up having substandard services.

sakto jud bro. change should start with ourselves so we could influence others. we could not be a good example to others kung kita mismo di mobag-o.

but reagrding sa governement officials. i think we can't deny it, a little blame should be placed on them. corrupt officials are parasites sa atong society. maski unsa natong hago ug kugi ug tinarong, as long as they exist, our economy won't move on. budgets which are intended for the development of our society ends up in their pockets. we always end up having substandard services.
    Sakto.

Mao ang gisulti ni U.S. President John F. Kennedy : "ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country"

We can start solving the problem of our society in our own family. If we care for our family and our family start caring for others, there's no reason we cannot solve any problem in our society. Kung mag magahi gihapon ka ug ulo within your family, wa gyud 'tay kahimohan sa umaabot nga panahon. Within your family, you can start the change for the better. A change for onself to be better is your key. Help your family to do better. Mag daginot pero di mag kinoripot.

We have to start from small things first. Example: ayaw pataka labay sa imong basura, dili mag sige ug haling ug bisan unsa nga makapollute lang sa hangin. Kung naa kay sakyanan, keep it in its top shape nga dili usok. Ayaw lang ka discourage to do better while nagpasagad lang ang ubang tao. Maybe oneday makakita na sila nimo as good example, makat-on ra na sila. From your family, you can start solving problems within sa imong mga silingan. Ayaw pag iya iya aho aho, share what you can do for the good sa imong kasilinganan. Pananom ug kahoy or mga tanom kung naa kay luna. Tudloi ang mga bata mag atiman ug tanom instead of mag sige nalang video games or computer games. That way, kining mga bataa naa unya sense of responsibility inig dako.

Daghan pang simple ra kaayo nga pwede nato mahimo sa sulod sa atong panimalay ug sa atong palibot.

Default Respect for our flag

Respect for our flag.
    by Souie Mercado

FOR me, desecrating the flag of the Philippines--the flag that I have sworn allegiance to--is a crime against the Filipino people and must not be ignored.

If our forefathers gave up their lives to defend that flag, there is no reason why we, who have profited and enjoyed the fruits of their sacrifices, will not do the same.

Section 34 of Republic Act 8491 prohibits anyone from mutilating, defacing, defiling, trampling on or casting contempt or committing any act or omission, casting dishonor or ridicule on the Philippine flag or over its surface.

One is prohibited from adding any word, figure, mark…or imprint of any nature on the flag.

But look at what some of our kababayans did during the Pacquiao-Solis fight in Alamodome, San Antonio,Texas last April 14.

They desecrated our flag!

We call the attention of all patriotic Filipinos and the different Filipino organizations here in America and in the Philippines to condemn such act.

They should declare the person/persons who displayed the desecrated Philippine flag (with "Vote Manny" markings) persona non grata.

They should urge our consulate and embassy officials to act in accordance with the law.

If we spend time, effort and meager resources to persuade our kababayans to retain their Philippine citizenship because of our love for our country, then we must also be courageous enough to strip anyone who will make mockery of our being Filipinos of the right to become a citizen.

After all, they don't deserve to become Filipinos, or the Philippines does not deserve to have them as citizens.

How do we expect other people to respect our flag if we will allow such condemnable act to go unnoticed?

Let us preserve our pride and dignity as Filipinos.

SOURCE: SUN STAR DAILY CEBU

11.    Advertisement

Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast