Page 16 of 313 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Grabe jud ni siya ug dumot sa Stream...

Originally Posted by alert0
    Hey guys,

What can you say about your salary now?

The company is getting worst.

1. Taxed 13th month. = go back to BIR basics, bonuses are taxed if they reach beyond 30K, the bonuses included the quarterly PA which we're not taxed thus the tax happened end of calendar year. If you really it was illegal, u could have filed a complaint then...

2. No Ham and Queso de bola. = O cmon, let's talk about the other centers na walay xmas party at all. Will ham and cheese really break a companys image?

3. Bi weekly salary. (which by the way, we didnt sign a contract that we agreed to it). = You should have filed a complaint to labor about it. In essence if you really think of it a bi weekly salary is better since it guarantees you of money every other Friday vs being in a situation of having to go through 2-3 weeks before u get paid.

4. Some agents are getting as low as 2k? dako pa sales lady og security guard. Did you ever ask what happened? Basin absinot ang agent....

5. Why in the world did they made the transition during Christmas season? timing, not intentional

6. How do they expect us to enjoy......... or make that "survive Christmas"?
    7. Heartless Corporate B*st*rds = which are probably already out now...
    8. Explanations from Management that are really not that clear = not clear because it's not in favor of what you'd like to hear?
    9. Explanations from the Corporate People with lots and lots of positive scripting and sugar coating. = same as 8
    10. Mr Gilbert Santa Maria assuring us during the GA that the salary wont be affected (yeah right...) - it's not affected
    11. i really think this is the reason why Benedict Hernandez bailed out. = i don't think so

Why is it that NO ONE is standing up against them? = why? probably because it was really just a product of transition and change, it eventually sinks in and people realize that they should choose which battles to fight.... they mature, think through and get over things...

Do YOU still love ETEL (Stream) Now?

I think its really time to bail out.

I use to be proud as an employee of Etel. i use to love my job even if its hard = Been here for 6 yrs and still loving it as compared to other centers...

This is just my opinion. what can you say guys? = these are just my thoughts as well

i'm from Stream and i guess it was explained nganu taxed ang 13th month...

It was because we have this quarterly PA bonus and it wasnt taxed, and since it was a bonus it got summed up along with the 13th month and was then taxed End of year.

Stream went through a tough transition but it's really part of all the transition/change any other company aiming big would go through. Ham and cheese was affected, but cmon! come to think of those other companies without xmas parties

The pay scheme changed but essentially it's better, ur guaranteed money every other Friday vs waiting 2-3 weeks before getting paid.

People should be more upfront in airing grievances to HR so things get understood vs airing it out in forums where company actions can really not be taken a step further.

I've been with the company for 6 years and i'm still loving it vs other call centers...

My thoughts.

pila bond diri then pila pud ka months? nag prehire training naman ako manghud gud. just wanna make sure.
    Last edited by greywolf; 09-25-2010 at 12:47 PM.

avagirl idol!!!

on alerto's post vs. ava's post... akong idea is more on sugar coating man gud ang transition period.. there are many gray areas! pasabot sa among site director kay abc ra ang mga changes pero when it happens kay a-z toinks..!!!

i love etel! its the first company that i worked for.. i thank etel for its generosity! mao gyud ni resulta sa mga gipampered pag.ayo sa company mgpangita intawn karon na stream na ang ng.own more than half of the shares!

we shouldn't be bad-mouthing the company where you get your finances to feed your family right? plain and simple, the more you bad mouth it, the more it becomes not sellable which tantamounts to losing millions and what's worst? you'll loose your job because the company won't have enough money to pay you. Find ways for you to satisfy your needs.. if you aren't happy? don't implicate the lives of those people who are working hard for the company because they have mouths to feed.

Well, we've been seeing flaws and I think that's normal. If you aren't happy, go ahead and transfer.. I can only count in my hands a few people who left and said that "it's a better place out here!"

Reality: People who always complain are those who don't know how to adjust and depend on other people's decisions and actions.

Just my two cents..

wear your heart out of your sleeves guys..hehe

Quote Originally Posted by |nCuBabE View Post
    avagirl idol!!!

on alerto's post vs. ava's post... akong idea is more on sugar coating man gud ang transition period.. there are many gray areas! pasabot sa among site director kay abc ra ang mga changes pero when it happens kay a-z toinks..!!!

i love etel! its the first company that i worked for.. i thank etel for its generosity! mao gyud ni resulta sa mga gipampered pag.ayo sa company mgpangita intawn karon na stream na ang ng.own more than half of the shares!
    ai-ai InCuBabe. *Matrix Wave 8

Quote Originally Posted by kropek108 View Post
    we shouldn't be bad-mouthing the company where you get your finances to feed your family right? plain and simple, the more you bad mouth it, the more it becomes not sellable which tantamounts to losing millions and what's worst? you'll loose your job because the company won't have enough money to pay you. Find ways for you to satisfy your needs.. if you aren't happy? don't implicate the lives of those people who are working hard for the company because they have mouths to feed.

Well, we've been seeing flaws and I think that's normal. If you aren't happy, go ahead and transfer.. I can only count in my hands a few people who left and said that "it's a better place out here!"

Reality: People who always complain are those who don't know how to adjust and depend on other people's decisions and actions.

Just my two cents..

Correct! Plain and simple, if you're no longer happy there, leave by all means.

Let me share my story...
    I was Etelecare. Joined the company last august 2k9, it was still Etelecare.
    By that time, I've been hearing of stories of the company being acquired or purchased by a bigger-ass one (Stream).
    I still kept my positivity even though people are already leaving. Imagine, the real talented ones are leaving. Of course there were issues but I considered them normal and just part of a transition of the "merger".
    The company then did a General Assembly where the Head known (Gilbert, forgot his last name) announced and explained the merger. Stressed out that it was not a buy-out but a merger and that the name "Stream" will be used because they have a bigger share and that it's all normal.
    Then all of a sudden a very high-profile guy (Al Elipse) left the company. <<< (It was a sign of darker days ahead.)

After 6 months, transition was done and life in the company was never the same.
    Another companywide GA was held again this time by Jared Morrison.
    It was in this GA that he had the guts to admit and let it all out that -
    "There's no such thing as a merger. It's always a buy-out. The weaker company always gets eaten by the stronger one. This is a buy-out guys, never a merger."

That gave me the impression of this company (Stream). They're not honest. For what reason?
    So I left the company, properly. Now I'm connected to another. So far, so satisfied with my decision to leave. Never better.
    I'm not gonna bad-mouth Etelecare in any way. It gave food to my family's plate for 11 months.
    I learned a lot in there. Still have lots of friends in there too.

I'm just gonna leave you with this....
    "Why settle for the Stream when you can have the ocean?"
    Don't be scared. I left the company despite the fact that I have a 6months pregnant wife. I'm just confident that a better company will hire me in no time. I was correct. I tell you, if you've done good in Etel, you're gonna have an easier time in your new company. I was Dell btw.

2 cents. \m/
    keep rockin', just look up, no other way but "UP"

Default On bad-mouthing your previous company

I have nothing against really with bad-mouthing your previous company affiliation. It's something which the company already expected from the very beginning, so as an employee who has loads of bad-mouthing to say, go ahead and share it to anyone whom you feel venting it out to (just make sure perhaps your listener won't argue with you or else it'll end up in a catfight).

I guess Corporate Execs of every company do always call for meetings and tackle such once in awhile along with other corporate issues, and I'm pretty sure, they'd perhaps not bother much with it because that's the most professional way of handling it (palafoos sa dunggan ). Instead, they focus on other more pressing issues, which is why I don't bad-mouth at all as such is just a waste of time.

Good thing, Stream Global Services, since the eTelecare days, has this typical Employee Survey where bad-mouthing might not be needed anymore. Every employee, though not required, is given the chance to evaluate the company in all aspects apart from an ample space at the end part of the survey form (in soft form) intended for your "bad-mouthing" or personal comments and thoughts. I am still with Stream up to this very day (just reached my 4th year in the company and I am still not a fan of Stream, well, we weren't forced to be a fan anyway ) and I always had my share in answering the said surveys. I can neither tell they're effective nor "just-for-the-sake-of-it" kind of thing as I have observed or have seen rather better changes implemented in the company after a good 3 to 10 months from the survey period. For what I understand, Stream will only provide the request/s of employees (as indicated in the survey) if there were a good number, say 50% of the total number of employees, asking or demanding for such, provided that Stream also will benefit (of course) from such, business-wise.

Stream Global Services may not be the largest call center or BPO company there is in the country or Cebu yet I have not heard of any other BPO or perhaps any other company of any industry offering a Php 36,000-monthly basic salary for some of their agents (not managers or mentors). Yes, a few agents or frontliners are earning that much as their basic salary per month on top of the Php 3,000 allowance and that's excluding the night differential and overtime pays.

However, however, there shall be no new set of agents anymore that will get to earn that much. Those few agents earning that range were of Technical Support Rep - Level 5 back when Stream was still eTelecare Global Solutions. They used to have a Php 30K monthly basic salary on top of the quarterly performance bonus, night diff'l, clothing and transpo allowance of Php 3K prior to the "buy-out" (if some will call it that way). You'll reach of course the Level 5 position (the max. level) if you make good of your quarterly metrics or stats.

When Stream showed up and is all packed up to eclipse eTelecare, there were lots of not-so-good to really drastic changes then that prompted a lot of employees to resign from their jobs. A few months after the "massive" resignation that happened, Stream offered the rather "loyal" ones (apil ko ) a salary adjustment or realignment. Stream took quarterly performance bonus out yet basic salary is increased depending on your level and metrics from the last 3 quarters prior to signing the agreement and night differential is decreased from 30% to 15%. The realignment is for the purpose of aligning the compensation policies of the existing Stream contact centers in other countries with Stream Philippines.

Kumbaga, magsinabtanay na lang unta ta gud, after all, there is not any perfect company, just a good company and Stream Global Services can be well considered as one. As previous posts have said, although dili verbatim, we (Stream employees) should be grateful enough that we have jobs and have something to bring to our family's table.

**Di ba kaha ko kasuk-an ani nga ako jud gibutang ang mga figures sa sweldo nga unta confidential? Anyway, klase-klase bitaw ranges sa sweldo sa Stream and I am not naming names, P36K is just ang pinakataas there is at Stream among agents.**

For me, what's important is that I am doing the job expected of me and that I draw out happiness from my loved ones for eventually they will be of great help in inspiring you more to doing your tasks well. At the end of the day, it'll all be still about you (and not the company) bitaw.

Metro Cebu Property Investment
    Metro Cebu Condos & Condotels

Quote Originally Posted by avagirl View Post
    i'm from Stream and i guess it was explained nganu taxed ang 13th month...

It was because we have this quarterly PA bonus and it wasnt taxed, and since it was a bonus it got summed up along with the 13th month and was then taxed End of year.

Stream went through a tough transition but it's really part of all the transition/change any other company aiming big would go through. Ham and cheese was affected, but cmon! come to think of those other companies without xmas parties

The pay scheme changed but essentially it's better, ur guaranteed money every other Friday vs waiting 2-3 weeks before getting paid.

People should be more upfront in airing grievances to HR so things get understood vs airing it out in forums where company actions can really not be taken a step further.

I've been with the company for 6 years and i'm still loving it vs other call centers...

My thoughts.
    Explained like a pro! Good job! Pay scheme is nice, only bad thing about it is there's no quarterly PA's.

11.    Advertisement

Page 16 of 313 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast