Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 ( movie )

Like a blockbuster updating of a Twilight Zone episode, only with explosions instead of all that sticky moral questioning, 2012 is ultimately only about finding new ways to topple monoliths. Only they don’t feel that new. Independence Day began a game of landmark-destroying one-upmanship. Here, Emmerich takes the competition global, but the soundtrack’s organ-rattling low-end makes a deeper impact than the film’s visuals. He already took out the White House 13 years ago, so the second time around doesn’t feel so shocking, particularly in the middle of a movie already overstuffed with go-nowhere subplots lurching toward a final act lifted from a movie that can’t be named without spoiling the plot’s one surprise. (Okay, it’s Titanic. But as the floodwaters start to rise, it wouldn’t take the prophetic skills of the ancient Mayans to figure that out.)

Source - 2012 | Film | The A.V. Club

why do people here always have to copy paste comments from someone else. just watch the film and enjoy! i find it as a film with advanced cinema sfx. a peek of things to come sa u.s. film industry, quite exciting. while on our end can only hope that we see similar sfx on our own pinoy films. american culture is not the same with us. most pinoy love sfx, gun slinging action films, even without the story. why? we marvel at the sfx itself. its a feast to the eyes to see close to reality events unfold in the big screen. for me, its just a movie. to hell with what others would say. no movie would fit the description as 'perfect' and we have our own unique preferences.

mura mura raman ni sa the day after tomorrow.

showing na today right?

yeah showing nah . . . .

Is the film worth the expensive admission? It's either the film is enjoyable or a waste of hard-earned money.

nindot ra ba ni nga movie kay nahan ko mo watch

mura nig the great FLOOD

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey360 View Post
    Is the film worth the expensive admission? It's either the film is enjoyable or a waste of hard-earned money.
    there are films you'll watch in the cinemas, there are films you can get by thru pirated dvd. this one for me is worth my money. i rather spend big bucks with this film and enjoy the ambience of the wide screen cinema than agonized viewing it on my tv set. in general, mahal talaga ang manood sa sine. nagtataka me bakit kahit local films abot ng 1h ang entrance.

kinsay nakakita na ani? .. is it true that the movie is 2hours ang 40 minutes long?..

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast