Default refresh rate of an lcd monitor

hi guys just wanna know what is the ideal refresh rate of an lcd monitor. is 60hz ok? or is 75hz better? what i noticed is when you bring the monitor to the maximum resolution the refresh rate is stuck at 60hz. hope you can share some info on this. thanks

Default Re: refresh rate of an lcd monitor

depends on the LCD Panel, what does your manufacturere state about it ? since LCD refresh is really based on the panel's response time.

LCDs are flicker-free by design and dun rely on scan lines so 60hz is fine

higher refresh rates are generally better...mas bugnaw sa mata coz dli magcge flicker ang screen...

Quote Originally Posted by KennRuss
    higher refresh rates are generally better...mas bugnaw sa mata coz dli magcge flicker ang screen...
    on a crt yes, on an LCD no.

Hmm, usually the standard is 75hz. Basin mag flicker sya tungod sa resoultion na gi-set nmo....

Quote Originally Posted by alucard_x
    Hmm, usually the standard is 75hz. Basin mag flicker sya tungod sa resoultion na gi-set nmo....
    What part of LCD's dont flicker you dont understand? as stated it does not use progressive scanning to update the images, and 75Hz is a standard of what planet?

75Hz is a standard of what planet? lolz

Older LCD's have relatively slow respnse time comapred with CRT's, and they suffer from varying degress of motion-smear, motion-flicker, and other artifacts. Most panels include a response time specification in milisceonds. In general the smaller the better, but this specs is "spun " by manufactures sometimes.
    Some manufactures quote seperate(and small)rise and fall times. Also, the the times refer to transistion from peak white to black, where as the more common gray-gray transistions are much slower. Look for a response time around 12ms for good gaming experience.

In order to minimize addtional motion artifacts, make sure that you set your refersh rate to the native rate of the panel; which generally is 60Hz This should be in monitors spec sheet. Setting it to a different value(particularly a higher value 75Hz) will reduce the image quality in analog mode and may introduce strobing effects and some image break-up when there is motion. When using a DVI cable to connect(if you have a video card installed with DVI connector) will provide a much clearer picture. Actually I when I got my LCD the refresh rate of my video card is set to 75Hz...not much problem....actually there is no standard.. kung standard imo eyesight kombate na...

Ah,brighta oi grabi!! woot!!

( aha ka ni copy paste ana ? )

11.    Advertisement