Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What do you think of this x58 board?

XFX X58i

http://www.pcstats.com/ArticleImages.../1853_p2_1.jpg

i've heard a lot of bad things about this, especially issues with the RAM, wut do u think guys? is it worth the 9.5k price tag?

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar
    eh, I have an MSI X58 ... it had lots of bad comments, but it was mostly by people who didn't know what they were talking about.

my friend is using this XFX X58i...its pretty decent & stable performer...the first version of the mobo did have problems w/ ram compatibility...but the new mobo revisions & new BIOS are ok...

my first i7 mobo was the MSI X58 Eclipse(rev.1.0)...it also had problems w/ ram compatibility(Kingston ra iyang ganahan, unstable on Corsair & OCZ)...updated the BIOS to solve the problem, as adviced by MSI techsupport, to no avail...but the new releases of the mobo are all ok now...
    Last edited by simoko; 08-15-2009 at 06:02 AM.

good to know!

MSI? You always get wrong usually issues are RAM compatibility, bios problem, driver incompatibility etc.. dali ra ma daut di jud ni consistent na klase na brand labi na mobo. Maski mo ingon pamo ok na ang new version still that brand is not trusted and big waist of time and money.

Stay away from that brand! maypa ang ECS cheaper pa stable pa! MSI maylang na sa porma di quality ang brand!

yeah same exprience wd msi here...hehe basin timing timing rana..

if you dig this board, just go for the newer version. ive heard they have the revised version concerning the ram problems.

Quote Originally Posted by cointoss View Post
    if you dig this board, just go for the newer version. ive heard they have the revised version concerning the ram problems.

do u have any links to that bro? para ma check sad nko..salamat

Quote Originally Posted by VampyR View Post
    do u have any links to that bro? para ma check sad nko..salamat
    ako sa pangita-on bro. nkabasa jud ko ato.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinger View Post
    MSI? You always get wrong usually issues are RAM compatibility, bios problem, driver incompatibility etc.. dali ra ma daut di jud ni consistent na klase na brand labi na mobo. Maski mo ingon pamo ok na ang new version still that brand is not trusted and big waist of time and money.

Stay away from that brand! maypa ang ECS cheaper pa stable pa! MSI maylang na sa porma di quality ang brand!
    hehehe, ecs fanboy. di pud siguro tanan MSI boards ing-ana bro, haven't encountered problems with my MSI board man bro. so please, ayaw i-generalize.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast